The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Must’ve been a mental thing. Since he never played there’s no actual on court production to compare.

Would make more sense to say the 6ers are better since the pj tucker trade.
I watch a lot sixers games, them boys look better with Harden gone. I can see it.

Smart has basically replaced Brooks role on the team. But their moves left them one guy short (no Tyus), and obviously missing Ja.

Agreed. I think them missing Tyus had a bigger impact than Brooks leaving since Brook's role was replaced by Smart.

I don’t think a lot of people had much faith in the sixers coming into the season

I certainly didn’t. But shoutout to maxey and nurse :pimp: and Harris too

I don’t think a lot of people had much faith in the sixers coming into the season

Ducked the no excuses allegations

Camron+praying.gif

You don't duck those til the summer hits.

Joel still got some questions to answer.
EYE recall not having us on those lists lol but jokes aside, this year is more about Maxey taking that step to be the closer. Let Joel carry the team early on and Maxey to close it out

They’re better without PJ. Harden hasn’t played for us in 23/24

We don’t know what Jim would’ve looked like under Nurse
I know folks don’t like Jim, but the Sixers had the 3rd best record in the league with him last year.

The Maxey emergence definitely wouldn’t be as prevalent with Jim still there, but there’s basically no evidence that they wouldn’t be a good team if they still had him.

And Nurse is better than Doctor.

My Reddit predictions were on point:

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 9.54.05 AM.png

I did also have Paule Reed as an MIP candidate but I got that one very wrong :lol:

I did expect 25+ from Maxey and career high in assists, but even with that expectation he still surpassed it. Especially on the defensive end.

The pels are sad to watch knowing how much hype they had when they played the suns

Ingram trying to get all nba coming off that subpar fiba tournament… Damb ..

I know folks don’t like Jim, but the Sixers had the 3rd best record in the league with him last year.

The Maxey emergence definitely wouldn’t be as prevalent with Jim still there, but there’s basically no evidence that they wouldn’t be a good team if they still had him.

I’m with ya. It’s hard to say we look better without him this year when he never played for us

My stance is as long as Joel is healthy (good coach or not), the team is still good. (50 win pace each year he’s been the starter outside of the bubble)

In theory, Harden's style (and ego) would have clashed with what Nurse tries to do. You're right with the fact that we don't know if they will be worse, but there's evidence that a Harded lead group has a lower ceiling than what the team aspires to do, which is win a championship.

Plus we don't know what Morey is cooking up in the trade deadline.

One things for sure. Maxey's emergence + depth + flexibility + team chemistry > Whatever Harden provides.

Bucks Twitter is not happy with Adrian Griffin. :lol:
I understand Giannis liked him and he came up in the Nurse system in Toronto but it's always extra tough for all first year coaches getting thrown into a situation where it's title/Finals appearence or bust.

Fully expect them to get better on the defensive end as the season goes on, because really how could they not with how horrible they've been :lol: :sick:, but there's gonna be a lot of growing pains on the way there.

Nurse would've been more tailor made for that win now mode instead of going the project approach.

Back
Top Bottom