The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Maybe it was different out west but I don't remember anyone wanting to be Kobe. We all looked up to AI, Mike Vick, and 50 cent.

But I grew up like 40 min from Newport News so might just be region specific for me. Dad used to drive the Shipyard vans and leave work early to see AI play.

Ain’t know you was from VA bro…that’s dope… respect !!!!

Ain’t know you was from VA bro…respect !!!!

TECHNICALLY, I'm from North Carolina but I grew up right on the state line literally could walk 1 mile and I was in Suffolk. So I basically spent all my formative years in the 757, first gf was from Norfolk, spent weekends on the strip as a teenager, shopped in Va all that.

Live in Richmond now though.

That’s cap. Kobe was immediately gravitated towards, copied and emulated. His preseason dunk on Ben Wallace set the tone. Even when he shot those air balls against the Jazz we knew his time was coming. His biggest lame
mistake was trying to rap. He dated Brandy, won his first dunk contest and always had swag. Frobe just took thinks to another level.

In comparison A.I was simply the street cat who was always going to be cooler. And AI admires Kobe more than just about anyone.
It’s some of both with Kobe.

Younger fans loved him from the jump, but some older people looked at him coming off as a phony, wannabe MJ clone.

The Kobe Stan’s will want to shoot the messenger for me saying that, but I stand by it. I lived in LA his entire time with the Lakers and was an avid listener to local sports talk radio during his 1st 10 or so years in the league.

TECHNICALLY, I'm from North Carolina but I grew up right on the state line literally could walk 1 mile and I was in Suffolk. So I basically spent all my formative years in the 757, first gf was from Norfolk, spent weekends on the strip as a teenager, shopped in Va all that.

Live in Richmond now though.

That’s dope bro…I know how it is, I stay like 40 minutes from NC myself..

I’m from Norfolk.. stay in Suffolk now myself tho that i got kids.. good schools out here…

Love seeing local heads up here mane!!! That’s good to see..

That’s cap. Kobe was immediately gravitated towards, copied and emulated. His preseason dunk on Ben Wallace set the tone. Even when he shot those air balls against the Jazz we knew his time was coming. His biggest lame
mistake was trying to rap. He dated Brandy, won his first dunk contest and always had swag. Frobe just took thinks to another level.

In comparison A.I was simply the street cat who was always going to be cooler. And AI admires Kobe more than just about anyone.
People liked T-Mac & Vince more than Kobe as well.They were also seen as cooler than him as well.He didn’t have cool shoes either.

I pride myself in not knowing what these movies are y’all are talking about
Screenshot_20240511-114047__01.jpg

After I finish Lord of the Rings I will be watching the first Star Wars movies where I'm supposed to just accept that a bunch of space ninjas have sword fights and it looks like little kids are doing it with how uncool it looks.

😂 😂 rogue one fight scenes are :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire:

Would you rather me assimilate the milk maidens to our culture or provide a space where I can handle my business without angering my ancestors? Watching Tyler Perry black struggle films in the presence of 23 year old trust fund white women going to have my ancestors beating me up in my sleep.

Tried it one time then I saw her laughing at a Madea joke and my whole mood was killed.

1716398732969.png

After I finish Lord of the Rings I will be watching the first Star Wars movies where I'm supposed to just accept that a bunch of space ninjas have sword fights and it looks like little kids are doing it with how uncool it looks.
My job used to rent out the theater for every Star Wars movie. I either left or fell asleep every time.
Would you rather me assimilate the milk maidens to our culture or provide a space where I can handle my business without angering my ancestors? Watching Tyler Perry black struggle films in the presence of 23 year old trust fund white women going to have my ancestors beating me up in my sleep.

Tried it one time then I saw her laughing at a Madea joke and my whole mood was killed.

1716398732969.png
I don’t recommend anyone watching madea movies. Black, white, purple

If you’re sitting through Jennifer Aniston movies, she better be able to watch Love and Basketball. But that’s just me.

Kobe’s personality was considered lame & corny pre-black mamba days.People seem to forget that.
This is facts. My dad couldn’t stand Kobe coming up, and he was a diehard MJ fan. Kobe was seen as fake, spoiled, and uppity by some back then. He wasn’t one of the fellas, or a ppl person like MJ. He was an introvert son of a NBA player that came off like a jerk at times. That’s why when that Colorado came a lot of people ain’t gaf. I’ve never lived in Cali so it may had been different there

Wait until your brain tries to process this situation

I know the age gap between the characters is like 5 years. The age difference between the actors is like 8, but damn, watching it it feels like she is twice as old as Anakin.

This isn't even the creepiest age situation in a movie Portman been a part of.

The Professional is a million times more :sick:

Back
Top Bottom