The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

I don’t mind reg’s blowing calls here and there **** it happens there’s always a human element. they getting too comfortable giving out technicals .

They so easy on the trigger to give out t’s

i've never understood "the human element" alibi for calling a game incorrectly.
what should matter is flat across the board, just refereeing. it's not that in the nba. it's all star calls, deference to high profile players, ego boosting, refs wanting to be more famous than anyone cares about and so on

the advent of ai in our world is a double edged sword but in this case i'm glad the nba is looking into using it in the near future. these refs take away from the game more than they contribute to it imo

Kawhi, Russ & Morris F’d up….but this is mastery level screen navigation by Dort.

95% of guys would die on the half *** screen or just allow the switch (cough, 17 finals :nerd: )

Terrible possession. Weak screens set. Better off to flatten it out and go 1-4 and give klaw more space. They double and you live with the open russ shot or kawhi shoots over two defenders

GUEST_af8e432f-f6a2-411f-84e6-02e98334fbcc

:emoji_thinking:

Terrible possession. Weak screens set. Better off to flatten it out and go 1-4. They double and you live with the open russ shot or ka whi shoots over two defenders

Russ on the floor F’d the spacing up too. Kawhi dribbled the air out of the ball, but he had 2 on his right side (Russ & Morris). And when Morris reset the weak ghost screen, Giddy played the gap perfectly, showed an extra body and knew Kawhi can’t and won’t make that pass :lol:

It’s like the perfect combo of good defense and terrible offensive execution.

Still tho, Lu Dort hella impressive. You gotta love a lock up on a final possession like that. Especially in a one point game :pimp:

Terrible possession. Weak screens set. Better off to flatten it out and go 1-4 and give klaw more space. They double and you live with the open russ shot or kawhi shoots over two defenders
Pretty problematic that I'm pretty sure Kawhi the two guys who were screeners in that play to make an outside shot if he passed to them.

The Clippers have not won a game since Westbrook signed in which both Russ and Morris have been in the closing line-up. It's a big enough sample size now that I think it can be fairly called insanity that Ty keeps trying it and IDC that last night neither Mann nor PG were available at the end.

This Grizzlies hate is out of control. And most of it is from the Warrior fan contingent.

an interesting take. considering the warriors have had the grizz’s number in the playoffs, dubs’ fans don’t really have a huge axe to grind with them. it’s an entertaining match up but i don’t see fans in the bay area singing “whoop that trick” when the grizz pull into town :lol:

KAT's return might be subtraction by addition because they had an identity since he's been out.
Yea this is the worst time of the year to be unclear on roles & familiarity.
Kawhi, Russ & Morris F’d up….but this is mastery level screen navigation by Dort.

95% of guys would die on the half *** screen or just allow the switch (cough, 17 finals :nerd: )

KYP :lol: In a situation like that if you want Dort off of you, you have to go staggered screens instead of that several second delay they had there.

Or, you’re 6’7” and he’s 6’3” get to your spot and rise up… like you used to do :lol:

I almost think Kawhi didn't know they were down one. Like he plays that too casually and doesn't even get a shot off in time.

KAT is redundant in NY. Actually looks like a negative impact acquisition given his defensive capacity. Knicks aren’t exactly struggling to put up points.

I wouldn’t even trade iHart for charmin soft KAT.

an interesting take. considering the warriors have had the grizz’s number in the playoffs, dubs’ fans don’t really have a huge axe to grind with them. it’s an entertaining match up but i don’t see fans in the bay area singing “whoop that trick” when the grizz pull into town :lol:

Maybe I'm completely off base here, but the hate was heavy last year because Warriors were salty after being put out of the play in.

To add, Grizz/Warriors have played 21 times in the Ja/Jenkins era. Memphis has 11 wins and Warriors have 10 wins. Golden State really the only team that talks this much about Memphis and the Grizz talk **** to everybody :lol:. I just think the narrative here is "Warriors have the Grizz number" and its not necessarily true. One series where Ja was out majority is far from that.

I'm okay with it -- I do think Warriors brass know Grizz are on the come up though.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm completely off base here, but the hate was heavy last year because Warriors were salty after being put out of the play in.

To add, Grizz/Warriors have played 21 times in the Ja/Jenkins era. Memphis has 11 wins and Warriors have 10 wins. Golden State really the only team that talks this much about Memphis and the Grizz talk **** to everybody :lol:. I just think the narrative here is "Warriors have the Grizz number" and its not necessarily true. One series where Ja was out majority is far from that.

I'm okay with it though -- I think Warriors brass know Grizz are on the come up though.

There is a heavy pro-Warrior agenda on NT. THEY will do anything in their power to prop up GS and tear down anyone who opposes them.

NT loves GS and Jokic both of these entities can do no wrong.

Think they definitely need to bring him off the bench, but Naz has been playing well this year and him and KAT together definitely aren’t going to work defensively.

KAT is 1000% getting traded this summer. He’s the odd guy out now.

What does a return package for KAT look like in Summer of 2023? What type player(s)/type of player(s) do they get in return?

KAT is redundant in NY. Actually looks like a negative impact acquisition given his defensive capacity. Knicks aren’t exactly struggling to put up points.

I wouldn’t even trade iHart for charmin soft KAT.

Plus hasn't KAT been inefficient in the Playoffs? I think the knicks should focus on solid wings. If they can land Grant or Ananouby in the off-season, that would be a huge win.

And I don't know how the Knicks feel about RJ, but I feel like he's dispensable.

I'm okay with it -- I do think Warriors brass know Grizz are on the come up though.

you’re probably right about the play-in loss. it was brought up often leading up to the semis last year. the dislike really turned up after brooks caused the injury to GP2. but i think a lot of drama is stirred up by the actual players on the court, petty dudes on each side that don’t seem to like each other and it’s always a physical series dating back to the grindhouse time.

that said, litigating which fanbase is irrational or has more “hate” is a useless exercise. if we’re talkin about folks on NT, let’s get some @‘s

Last edited:
what should matter is flat across the board, just refereeing. it's not that in the nba. it's all star calls, deference to high profile players, ego boosting, refs wanting to be more famous than anyone cares about and so on
They need a CCRB for referees and get the ones who can't fairly officiate a game up outta the paint. Superstar calls suck the life out of the sport and it needs to stop :lol:

You never made a mistake ever? Players make turnovers etc i duck up at work and you probably do too

Back
Top Bottom