The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Luka’s had a bunch of personal **** going on outside of basketball, too.

He’s been an even bigger emotional wreck than normal all year because of it.

Whole thing just needs an overhaul. Would be interested to see what they do if they land in the Top 10. TONS of wings with playmaking upside, but can’t imagine they’d wanna go that route.

Would be some form of draft night trade with that pick, another pick and players to make a move I’d guess.
The Briggs Investigation has been weighing heavy on him.

Luka for Randle, Obi, IQ, Deuce and picks. Randle gets to play for his hometown team and Brunson gets a real robin. Everybody wins!
1679765316612.gif

I know HIM HIM be trolling but didn’t the Mavs have a top defense last year?

I know Brunson being gone plays a factor but how much of a drop is there not having DFS on defense?

Guys gotta buy in. You can have the perfect scheme but if guys don’t care about defense, you can’t do much. Brunson and DFS actually gave effort.

The Mavs would have been better off not making the Kyrie trade at all because they would have had more flexibility moving forward.

In both situations if they lose Luka, they’re worse off now.

i bet somebody out there will talk themselves into Kyrie sooner or later. Almost have to re-sign and hope you can trade him in a package for disgruntled star x down the line (altho I’m sure a lot of teams will be able to beat their package)

i bet somebody out there will talk themselves into Kyrie sooner or later. Almost have to re-sign and hope you can trade him in a package for disgruntled star x down the line (altho I’m sure a lot of teams will be able to beat their package)
You re-sign him, use two 1s with Green and/or Hardy for another move, and retool around them as Tim and Bertans and the other money comes off the books/more movable as the enter their last years.

They still have a path, it’s just narrow and they can’t miss.

Next 18 months for Dallas might change the NBA for the next 10 years.
OKC imo. Jokes aside, IF EYE was Presti, I’m offering a good chunk of picks for AD.

Then the Lakers can do something worthwhile. ALA forever but having a good Lakers team helps the NBA landscape

Next 18 months for Dallas might change the NBA for the next 10 years.
Either gonna work or be a full blown explosion rebuild.

They tried to halfass rebuild in Dirk’s twilight and Luka was too good too fast. It’s damned hard to build the way they went about it.

Not impossible, but little margin for error.

Back
Top Bottom