The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Does harden still think he’s a scorer? I know he said doc had him change his play style

Yea that's part of the reason he wants out as well, he doesn't like being in the facilitator role to the extent he was. Which makes even less since why he wants the Clippers since they got 3 guys already who need the ball in their hands.

Whats crazy is sixers got rid of doc which we should be celebrating but ala this all happened

Gotta deal with it every day till it ends. Sounds fun

James Harden has to be one of the least serious people to play the game. Again, even looking beyond his playoff woes, he is doing himself, career and the last little bit of his earnings potential ZERO favors.

You got people asking “Why would the players agree to that clause?” about holding out for 30 days and being hostage but it’s because it would be so damn ridiculous to do that…but here we are. This only makes things worse for himself and the other players :smh:

Yea that's part of the reason he wants out as well, he doesn't like being in the facilitator role to the extent he was. Which makes even less since why he wants the Clippers since they got 3 guys already who need the ball in their hands.

We know he only wants to go the Clippers because it's LA. Houston basically told him we good after they got Vanfleet so to him what's the next best thing. He might ask for a trade to Miami in October.

If he balls out in Philly this year, next offseason he can get a great deal but he ain't thinking about winning obviously.

Fair to say Philly no longer a top 4 team in the East today. Embiid scrubbing the social could mean everything or nothing.

Feels good watching the house burn down opposed to being inside it.

the sixers really are unlucky... they had to deal with the ben drama and finally get harden to be that #2 guy... now harden is the guy asking for a trade and acting like ben again...I really thought harden would stop all the trade demands once he got to philly but nope... you kinda could see this was harden M.O. before all the trade demands... he had a number of decent players dwight, cp3 and russ and houston got rid of all 3 just to appease harden... its disgusting really

We know he only wants to go the Clippers because it's LA. Houston basically told him we good after they got Vanfleet so to him what's the next best thing. He might ask for a trade to Miami in October.

If he balls out in Philly this year, next offseason he can get a great deal but he ain't thinking about winning obviously.
Ball out in the regular season or playoffs…

Yeah harden definitely wildn. He can’t even finish at the rim anymore.

Both. His job ain't that hard. They're not asking him to be a 30, 9, 8 guy. Just don't choke anymore. The single digit games, the 20% shooting game.
Cuz I feel like he “balled out” last regular season- he had an all star case

I just feel like a lot of you guys are being hella optimistic on this guy the same guy he’s been for years

Earlier I was getting on Dame trying to get out after signing an extension last summer but this Harden mess is WAY worse

Srs, how much better does harden make the clippers

They ain’t winning **** bro
They’re not winning because guys can’t stay on the court. But from a talent perspective, adding Harden to Kawhi & PG would give them them more than enough.

He got Philly two games in that Boston series, which is more than what Embiid gave them & he is the reigning MVP, supposed to be in the prime of his career.

Harden is still really good and playing next to two scorers is the perfect fit for him at this stage.

They’re not winning because guys can’t stay on the court. But from a talent perspective, adding Harden to Kawhi & PG would give them them more than enough.

He got Philly two games in that Boston series, which is more than what Embiid gave them & he is the reigning MVP, supposed to be in the prime of his career.

Harden is still really good and playing next to two scorers is the perfect fit for him at this stage.
At some point the core guys would need to do some dirty work off the ball and do other stuff

not to mention their depth

Clippers had depth in previous seasons and it didn't get the anywhere. Pivoting to Harden might just be admission they don't believe the depth route anymore.

And we just saw the Nuggets win a chip with 6.5 players.

The clippers went nowhere because of other major reasons— outside of when they wet the bed that one playoff they’ve not been able to stay on the court

Doesn’t matter what they believe in- just don’t see harden making them into a true title team

At some point the core guys would need to do some dirty work off the ball and do other stuff

not to mention their depth
Nobody in the west has a bench. I’d revisit the dirty work after the details of the trade are announced. If they keep Mann I don’t see a problem there.

Back
Top Bottom