The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

What is the royal family? And who were those people? Is that another marvel movie I missed?
lebron-james-family-vanity-fair-091422-d2dd4c015a7f4bbeb4522f67a2628cec.jpg

Imagine little Southwest Airlines having to see their father on video doing this years from now. Someone has to get him to stop being on public record until he's in a stable place, keep these vultures for clout away. Hope this ain't how he goes out.

If the Sixers dont win it all within the next year or so, would you consider the "process" a failure?

I say yes. Failed top 3 picks, numerous busts drafted, not one ECF or FInals appearance to show for 5+ years of tanking.

If the Sixers dont win it all within the next year or so, would you consider the "process" a failure?

I say yes. Failed top 3 picks, numerous busts drafted, not one ECF or FInals appearance to show for 5+ years of tanking.
The process was already a failure when they fired Hinkie and didn't allow him to fulfill his plan.

The process was derailed, funny that folks still use it. But I think it was a success, these were def the right moves at the time. Could have been hard if worked out.

I would disagree although I am partial to Sam Hinkie. The alternative would have been being the Charlotte Hornets where you win 33+ games, don’t make the playoffs and get a mid-to-late first round pick. Sure they got LaMelo but that season prior they won 22 games and even then it took GSW foolishly taking Wiseman because LaMelo had too many IG followers for Steph’s liking.

tomdiginson tomdiginson couldn’t have said it better. Hinkie architected the process, laid out the blueprint, got the pieces then they gave him the boot in favor of someone else with a completely different vision. Made no sense. But I don’t think you can say it was failure in comparison to what would have Happened if they attempted to be competitive.

And if you do think it was a failure I hope you have the same energy for Houston and Oklahoma City later this decade.

We were about to be able to have a Jerry Jones bash fest and here goes Kanye redirecting attention.

Would not surprise me at all if the fix was in and on the low Jerry wired him money or pledged a donation to his school, agency or whatever he is doing now in order to relieve the pressure Bron put on him last night

I would disagree although I am partial to Sam Hinkie. The alternative would have been being the Charlotte Hornets where you win 33+ games, don’t make the playoffs and get a mid-to-late first round pick. Sure they got LaMelo but that season prior they won 22 games and even then it took GSW foolishly taking Wiseman because LaMelo had too many IG followers for Steph’s liking.

tomdiginson tomdiginson couldn’t have said it better. Hinkie architected the process, laid out the blueprint, got the pieces then they gave him the boot in favor of someone else with a completely different vision. Made no sense. But I don’t think you can say it was failure in comparison to what would have Happened if they attempted to be competitive.

And if you do think it was a failure I hope you have the same energy for Houston and Oklahoma City later this decade.
Hinkie had one more tank in the bank along with trades lined up in case this one failed. Had his own coach that would eventually lead the team. Instead they stopped the tank, traded away fultz for peanuts, trade for Jimmy, then lost him to Miami for AL Hordford, and ended up with a broken Ben Simon's who you traded away for tail end of his career Harden.

We were about to be able to have a Jerry Jones bash fest and here goes Kanye redirecting attention.
Kanye is clearly mentally unwell. If you took a mentally unwell person off the street, cleaned them up and put them in designer, they would be doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom