The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Trae (and his dad for that matter) needs to get some thicker skin. He's acting like a college football recruit who's wants to transfer so they do passive aggressive stuff like this to get attention.

Trae wants to be a franchise player and he wants all of the organizational influence that comes with it but he's not equipped to take the criticism when his team isn't getting it done.

Trae (and his dad for that matter) needs to get some thicker skin. He's acting like a college football recruit who's wants to transfer so they do passive aggressive stuff like this to get attention.

Trae wants to be a franchise player and he wants all of the organizational influence that comes with it but he's not equipped to take the criticism when his team isn't getting it done.

IDK how Hawks fans deal with this dude.

Hawks fans have been nothing but supportive and go out of their way to defend him at every turn.

They put on a suit and cape for him when the “Luka trade” gets discussed. (To their detriment btw).

Like, what do you want bro?

IDK how Hawks fans deal with this dude.

Hawks fans have been nothing but supportive and go out of their way to defend him at every turn.

They put on a suit and cape for him when the “Luka trade” gets discussed. (To their detriment btw).

Like, what do you want bro?

Exactly. I live in Atlanta and the media treats Trae with kid gloves and they defend him even when he's acting like a petulant child. If he can't take the heat in an easy basketball market like Atlanta what would he do in LA or New York?
Klutch doing klutch things

Yeah, the end game here is to get Trae in a bigger media market

I mean you can’t post about how ratings mean nothing (when we predicted it wouldn’t do as well) and then post this to brag about ratings.

FYI pre 2020. The average nba finals ratings ranged from 15.3 mill views to 22 mill views. So 11.5 mill is nothing to brag about.

In reality, who cares. Watch it. Enjoy it. Argue about it with teenagers and 50 year old white guys online

Nba super fans who spend literal hours talking basketball in an nba thread are not going to think the nba finals are boring no matter who is playing.

Most regular humans thinks it’s boring. That’s a fact.

I’m a regular human so I guess that makes me a casual. Cool. You guys go ahead and continue to stroke each other.

STEPH CONFUSED.gif

Post aged faster than breast milk :smh:

Exactly.

11.3<<<< the 15-20 mill that watched pre bubble (2020-2021 doesn’t count for obvious reasons)

Again. Why you guys care about ratings is beyond me.

Carry on.

But we are living in a post-bubble/pandemic world. 2020 was during a pandemic and 2021 was through mid-to-late July so people were also pre-occupied. Once could contend that ~12M is the new standard in a post-bubble world therefore the most accurate comparison would be 2022 vs. 2023 (both the traditional October - June seasons). Warriors vs. Celtics is a premiere matchup. "Most regular humans" supposedly think Miami vs. Denver is "boring". Viewership for Game 1 only decreased 3% between the two series.

I don't care about viewership at all but now that nick. nick. came through with the relevant fax (GSW/BOS #s vs. DEN/MIA #s), you're moving the goalposts and talking about #s prior to the pandemic which I don't think is entirely fair or accurate. It's more so holding you accountable after you mocked people who said this would be an exciting series to watch.

Edit: Didn't see this post before I made mine but THIS.
EYE could not care any less about ratings.

EYE just think it's pretty interesting that a boring series with boring players that should be on NBATV is doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom