The Official NBA Thread: Pacers-Celtics Game 1 SFA SFA SFA SFA SFA

The Lakers are a game behind GSW. Steph Curry is out for several weeks. It would be a shame and an embarrassment if the Lakers did not pass them barring injuries to both Bron and AD.

Context:
1671283194438.jpeg

They are also 0-4 without him after last night. I understand the jokes but let’s be real here :lol:

They still have Klay and Poole b.

EYE was told by NT that Klay wasn’t washed and thanks to the young core GS was light years ahead.

The Lakers are a game behind GSW. Steph Curry is out for several weeks. It would be a shame and an embarrassment if the Lakers did not pass them barring injuries to both Bron and AD.

Context:
1671283194438.jpeg

They are also 0-4 without him after last night. I understand the jokes but let’s be real here :lol:
Why are you acting like Lebron and AD haven’t missed games this season?

Golden State’s supporting cast/roster around Steph has been propped up around here being better than the Lakers roster with AD and Bron included. They have a few guys the Dubs are paying on that roster to be able to do well in case Steph or someone else is out.

I can’t speak for what others have claimed but my realistic opinion of the situation is that the this season the Lakers and Warriors are similar teams in the sense that they have championship level at the top (Steph in Golden State and Bron/AD in LA) but outside of that they have flawed rosters with very little room to maneuver to make a needle moving trade and they have a history of injury concerns in recent years with key guys (Steph, Dray, Bron due to being in year 20 and AD).

Yes, both teams have tricked off games and struggled due to injuries…hence why they are 1 game apart and both out of even the play-in :lol:

Best case scenario right now for either team is figuring it out (LA seems to be), getting hot and they could grab a 4-6 seed.

They have similar strengths, weaknesses and ceilings but there is a lot of hate towards both teams, Bron and Steph so it always unnecessarily turns into some debate about the gap between the two.

Warriors about to tank the rest of the season so they can draft another Wiseman.

100 games including 20+ playoff games of 18/4/4 on 60%TS at 22 years old.

Somebody was giving him 9 figures if not the Warriors.

This. He received about market rate for his production. I would wait to see the handling of Klay and Dray with their prospective deals if you really want to be critical of the FO handing out crippling contracts.

Whole lot of activity but little mention of the raptors who are 3-7 over their last 10. The same energy is not being kept
Show me where anyone had any title hopes for the Raptors this year. Show me where anyone said #2 on the way. Show me where anyone said anyone on the Raptors is the 2nd greatest point guard of all-time. Tell me how many hall of fame players Raptors have. Tell me where anyone said Raptors have the 2 greatest shooters of all time.

Raptors aren’t the defending champions

Raptors finished the season 53-19 after they won the title and Kawhi left.

Carry the hell on.

Show me where anyone had any title hopes for the Raptors this year. Show me where anyone said #2 on the way. Show me where anyone said anyone on the Raptors is the 2nd greatest point guard of all-time. Tell me how many hall of fame players Raptors have. Tell me where anyone said Raptors have the 2 greatest shooters of all time.

Raptors aren’t the defending champions

Raptors finished the season 53-19 after they won the title and Kawhi left.

Carry the hell on.

The warriors can have all time great players and struggle. That’s what they are on now. EYE told you Draymond broke whatever they had. No coincidence why they can’t defend on the road.

i need you have the same energy for Nick nurse as you do the warriors. Shirts can’t come off when it’s about Steph and you not talk about this slide your team is on.

The warriors can have all time great players and struggle. That’s what they are on now. EYE told you Draymond broke whatever they had. No coincidence why they can’t defend on the road.

i need you have the same energy for Nick nurse as you do the warriors. Shirts can’t come off when it’s about Steph and you not talk about this slide your team is on.
I said the Raptors might have to blow it up, which you acknowledged.

But keep pretending I act like **** is rosey.

I talk about the Raptors all-time, it just doesn’t trigger you the same way when I mention Steve or the Warriors.

Hottest team in the East they say. Too bad GS predictably came up lame w/o Chef last night otherwise 5th woulda been NYK’s seat this morning.

RJ hasn’t even gotten out of his struggles & yet he’s still finding ways to score. And lead. It is who he is.

Now he’s learning how to do it in a winning fashion. My son is actually shooting 60 sum% in the paint which is a wonder to see.

Uncharacteristic, for this szn, last night as he missed 5 FTs. Missed a 30 spot cuz of it like his 50 piece vs Miami.

More clutch moments ahead as well for the young bucket. Still better Jimmy Butler, of the aforementioned Heat, ahead.

Will he be as good a defender as Jimmy? Maybe not but the kid ain’t no slouch by any means. His offensive output for his career tho will be vastly better than Jimmy Buckets’ so I’m cool with the trade off there.

Would love to have him paired next to a taller wing so he can play the strong 2 guard but Grimes is too nice for this roster to keep on the bench. Grimes, the better defender can switch if necessary, but still has his physical limitations as well.

And while he has been in the league for 3+ szns now, RJ was born in between Grimes & Deuce in the same year. That’s the timeline I’m on as far as development goes and when I figure to throw in the towel on this group of young talent.

7/10 in the rotation were drafted by the Knicks and the average age is 23 with Mitch the elder statesmen at 25 in April.

This ain’t no Frank Nilikina bull**** love affair that had no rhyme or reason. There’s real evidence of an impact ball player there. He’s not just a tall ninja that plays basketball.
6-0
7-3 in last 10

I said the Raptors might have to blow it up, which you acknowledged.

But keep pretending I act like **** is rosey.

I talk about the Raptors all-time, it just doesn’t trigger you the same way when I mention Steve or the Warriors.

Let’s talk about the raptors now. What’s the plan? What’s wrong this season? Is Nick nurse really a good coach? Why are they struggling?

Back
Top Bottom