The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

They didnt catch him with it on him though. A ride with a friend or trip to gentlemens club is team business?
I'm sure Ja's people argued that he's borrowing a friends' gun. If your team is in Denver to play Nuggets for 1 day, you're getting paid to play Denver during the trip, and you're flashing guns during that time, I would consider it team business.. Not a lawyer, but he simply violated NBA policy, can argue all the semantics, at best he's line-stepping

Your only hopes of getting KP this season are him opting out this summer, right? I don’t see Washington swapping his $36MM expiring for Randle + pieces. In that case you’d have to wait until next offseason to resign but who knows how that will go
Well the Wiz kinda have their hands tied. It doesn’t have to be only the case of him opting out. He has all the leverage. They’re about to bottom out in all likelihood. They gonna get what they can.

It doesn’t even have to be Dubious or Barrett. There are other talents/contracts to get it done that’ll benefit both parties.

And he’s had this whole time to opt in. His deadline is day before the draft so all will be answered soon.

If I’m the player, I’m taking the longer money so that means we opting out now instead of betting on our injury prone self. Could be over it but just in case 🤷.

That really did make me think would he have even made it to the league if he got diagnosed when he was younger due to how people view and stigmatize autism and maybe would have restricted his growth overall.

Good for him though and the relief it gave him

I have a son with autism. We caught it early.

Stuff like this gives me hope for him. We just have to keep working with him and keep him in the services he needs.

I'm sure Ja's people argued that he's borrowing a friends' gun. If your team is in Denver to play Nuggets for 1 day, you're getting paid to play Denver during the trip, and you're flashing guns during that time, I would consider it team business.. Not a lawyer, but he simply violated NBA policy, can argue all the semantics, at best he's line-stepping
Ok but if they cant for sure prove he had it on team premises and thats the rule that they are sticking it to him for, it seems to be more about punishing than "helping" him.

But the second one is what they are giving him 25 games for. That was a business trip too?

1686940101489.png

Bucks aren’t winning **** without holiday. Might as well blow up the team if you’re doing that. We don’t want a perennial loser like Beal in MKE.

Ok but if they cant for sure prove he had it on team premises and thats the rule that they are sticking it to him for, it seems to be more about punishing than "helping" him.

But the second one is what they are giving him 25 games for. That was a business trip too?
He was suspended and warned already, apologized and said it was a mistake. Second one is for "conduct detrimental to the league". NBA is trying to make him one of the faces of the league and all the sponsorships, endorsements, and hook-ups that come along with that. Ja is one of the most popular among the younger fanbase and it's not a good look to get suspended, admit what you did was wrong, apologize for doing something, then go do it again a month later.

Well the Wiz kinda have their hands tied. It doesn’t have to be only the case of him opting out. He has all the leverage. They’re about to bottom out in all likelihood. They gonna get what they can.

It doesn’t even have to be Dubious or Barrett. There are other talents/contracts to get it done that’ll benefit both parties.

And he’s had this whole time to opt in. His deadline is day before the draft so all will be answered soon.

If I’m the player, I’m taking the longer money so that means we opting out now instead of betting on our injury prone self. Could be over it but just in case 🤷.

Opting out the final year and getting the years seems to be the move for the injury prone/end of prime players so I could see KP doing that.

It will be interesting to see what guys like Dame, Beal, KAT do when they have $60MM+ player options in a few years

Ofcourse its not a good look i think we all agree he was foolish and immature for getting himself into this mess. But i dont see how overdoing it on the punishment trying to make an example out of him helps with promoting him or his well being.

The decision makers understand and feel no threat from the culture associated with that Chris Kaman video. Cant say the same for Ja's pic and video. Thats what it comes down to.

It's a federal law that toy guns come with bright orange colored tips on there to identify them, it was an absurd and ridiculous defense.
Those tips aren’t welded on. You can get them off very easily without leaving a trace that it was ever on there.

Ofcourse its not a good look i think we all agree he was foolish and immature for getting himself into this mess. But i dont see how overdoing it on the punishment trying to make an example out of him helps with promoting him or his well being.

The decision makers understand and feel no threat from the culture associated with that Chris Kaman video. Cant say the same for Ja's pic and video. Thats what it comes down to.
What do you think would be more appropriate punishment? Seems like he didn't respond well to the initial punishment

He was suspended and warned already, apologized and said it was a mistake. Second one is for "conduct detrimental to the league". NBA is trying to make him one of the faces of the league and all the sponsorships, endorsements, and hook-ups that come along with that. Ja is one of the most popular among the younger fanbase and it's not a good look to get suspended, admit what you did was wrong, apologize for doing something, then go do it again a month later.

Ja is the only American player under 30 who has a chance at being one of the faces of the league. Maybe Booker too, but after that, nobody really worth talking about.

Washington could walk away this summer with Herro, Duncan, Quickley and some draft capital. How much more can they ask for with such odds stacked against them? NTC, player options, pink sweaters etc.

Hell, take Dubious for all I care in that dealing. I would prefer it. The real gold there are Herro & Quick + draft potential. The three of them will make for a mini Kentucky league project in the meantime.

Quick gets a chance to get paid. Chance to become a young gawd in the DMV. Guaranteed more time for Obi. Strus got a contract? He’s gotta play somewhere too.

And since everything is about framing, we may clown these players but Julius Randle was one of the top 15 players in the league this year. He’s in his prime and on a good contract. Wiz could do much worse.

Washington could walk away this summer with Herro, Duncan, Quickley and some draft capital. How much more can they ask for with such odds stacked against them? NTC, player options, pink sweaters etc.

Hell, take Dubious for all I care in that dealing. I would prefer it. The real gold there are Herro & Quick + draft potential. The three of them will make for a mini Kentucky league project in the meantime.

Quick gets a chance to get paid. Chance to become a young gawd in the DMV. Guaranteed more time for Obi. Strus got a contract? He’s gotta play somewhere too.

And since everything is about framing, we may clown these players but Julius Randle was one of the top 15 players in the league this year. He’s in his prime and on a good contract. Wiz could do much worse.

I think I saw you post this in the last 24hours but the rumors of Quick getting $25MM per over 4 or 5 years seems like a lot. Is it based on his 23/5/5 in his 21 games as a starter this season?

Back
Top Bottom