The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

356146906_680120550797673_4320017774320328739_n.jpg

20 wins.

The backcourt is good enough to win meaningless regular season games. They won’t be the worst team in the league.

Deposition: Ja Morant’s friend recounts pickup game fight​

In a new court filing, Ja Morant’s friend described, in detail, the fight that occurred between the Memphis Grizzlies’ star point guard and a local high school basketball player during a pickup game last summer.

Davonte Pack also told attorneys that Morant owns a firearm, a Glock 40.

During a deposition taken at the Memphis law offices of Butler Snow LLP on May 23, 2023, Pack drew examples on a piece of paper, showing where each person stood before and during the altercation. He also demonstrated the stances of the people involved. In the end, he describes a minimal scuffle.

Much of Pack’s deposition remains sealed, including questions about bank transactions and other topics, but a 256-page written transcript of the exchange was made available.

It was filed Thursday, June 22, in Shelby County Circuit Court by attorney Rebecca Adelman on behalf of her client, Joshua Holloway. The deposition was prompted by a civil lawsuit initiated by Holloway following a fight that took place on July 26, 2022, in Eads, Tennessee.

“But where it happened that day — ” Adelman begins asking about the fight in the deposition.

“Yeah it was up on — closer to the 3-point line,” Pack described.

“So then Ja moves into Josh. Josh backs up and goes into — ” Adelman continues asking.

“No,” Pack interjects. “No he came up. They met first.”

“Okay,” Adelman replied.

“Then I don’t know what was said, what was going on right then and there, but Josh backed up in fighting stance,” Pack said.

“Okay,” Adelman repeats.

“Like a step, he ain’t back, back, back — ” Pack continues.

“So they move toward each other —” Adelman begins to ask.

That’s when, according to the deposition, Pack’s attorney, Keenan Carter, cuts in: “Let’s — y’all are starting to talk over really. Calm down both of you.”

According to Pack’s testimony, the incident started with a checked ball. He said Morant checked the ball to Holloway, who then allegedly threw the ball at Morant, hitting Morant in the face.

When Morant approached Holloway, Pack said, Holloway went into a fighting stance that Pack demonstrated to the attorneys present.

After Morant and Holloway started fighting, Pack said he punched Holloway once and then pulled Morant off and away from the altercation.

“I was just defending my brother,” Pack said when asked why he hit Holloway.

Pack testified that Morant’s father, Tee Morant, and former Grizzlies player Mike Miller later spoke with Holloway in front of the house where Morant’s parents live. It’s then, Pack also testified, that Holloway yelled, “I’m going to light it up like fireworks.”

“So when somebody say they’re going to light something up, you ain’t talking about two things,” Pack said during the deposition. “You’re going to come shoot a gun or you’re going to actually shoot fireworks. That’s the only thing I heard.”

Morant has filed a countersuit against Holloway, stating that the fight could have endangered his career and the suit has damaged his reputation.

It has been alleged that Morant threatened Holloway with a gun.

During the deposition, Adelman also asked Pack a series of questions about guns. Pack said he does not personally own a gun, but he has knowledge that Morant owns a Glock 40.

When asked if he had knowledge of Morant having a gun with him at the site of the pickup game, Pack responded, “I doubt it. We carpooled so we left straight out of the house and came to hoop.”

:lol: at Mike Miller being there

only jersey that i bought full price was iverson and i'm a cheap mf. :lol:

Especially now that I'm older, it baffles me how Reebok (or even Nike and Adidas) didn't take advantage of AI's #INFLUENCE and mass produce arm sleeves in 2000-2001. I don't recall the NBA joints coming out until 04-06ish and the quality wasn't eem that great because I remembered mine kept slipping :lol:

Back
Top Bottom