The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

The rare LeBrons that Nike has been retroing have aged terribly. South Beach 7s, Fruity Pebble 4s, Superman 3s. They have a special feeling because of nostalgia, but who wants these in 2024?:lol:

Even before his death, Kobe's dominated the NBA landscape. Guys in the league were wearing Kobes.

But his death caused Kobes to be popular with the general public. Before then, they were going to the outlets like every other Nike/Jordan shoe.

This isn't true.

Dominated is crazy when the generic Hyperdunk was the NBA's most popular on court shoe for 3 years in a row. But you're right they were at the outlets. People are wearing Kobes now more for the name than how good the shoe performs at this point. WHICH IS FINE.

But lets call a spade a spade.

Even at Nike basketball's hype point in the early 2010's Kobe's weren't the biggest draw, Brons, KD IV's and Foams came before Kobe's.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
It's just a dad being a dad, but he also tweeted that he was watching NBA games and Bronny could play right now or play over a lot of guys right now. Something to that extent :lol: . He was basically clowning whoever he was watching. So it's funny seeing him backtrack. But he doesn't need to be rationale over his own son. I get it.

He had a major cardiac event. Most rationale people know it'll take some time for him.
I’d like to sign off on this part, but I’m not sure I can. LeBron is well aware of his stature and the kind of reactions his tweets get.

It’s not his fault really but since he’s regarded by many as the greatest basketball player ever and has 53 million Twitter followers, he basically can’t just be a dad being a dad on this kind of thing.

The rare LeBrons that Nike has been retroing have aged terribly. South Beach 7s, Fruity Pebble 4s, Superman 3s. They have a special feeling because of nostalgia, but who wants these in 2024?:lol:
i just had this convo with someone

i was so excited to be able to cop the WTT 9s - fam they legit been sitting in the box since release day lol

like you said the Nostalgia was so high for me that day

i do however wear my SB 8 though

Preppy-Aesthetic-Style-Men-Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Iconic-Mesh-Polo-Shirt.jpg

It's weird as hell to me that the NBA didn't have anyone verifying stats.
Silver needs to do an audit on Stockon's assists.
Stockton is a right wing loon now so I want this to happen just to see his reaction

Mans gonna be on Newsmax screaming about how the globalist at the woke NBA are auditing his stats but not the 2020 Presidential Election.

This isn't true.

Dominated is crazy when the generic Hyperdunk was the NBA's most popular on court shoe for 3 years in a row. But you're right they were at the outlets. People are wearing Kobes now more for the name than how good the shoe performs at this point. WHICH IS FINE.

But lets call a spade a spade.

Even at Nike basketball's hype point in the early 2010's Kobe's weren't the biggest draw, Brons, KD IV's and Foams came before Kobe's.

Kobes were usually right behind the hyperdunks of that season. I remember so many players wearing the Kobe AD Exodus and Kobe AD mid or whatever they were called.

Reactions: MVP
Back
Top Bottom