The Official NBA Thread: Celtics-Pacers on ABC / Celtics Lead 2-0

Same dudes crying about super teams want to trade any decent player to a contender the 1st chance they get :lol: :smh:

Then the same folks wouldn’t give Dame much credit for winning anyway cuz he went to “somebody else’s team”
Wild goofy.

You see the slander some of these dudes threw at KD over Golden State.
Once again you just assuming what you want. Where did I say anything about money in that post.

Everyone knows they are generationally wealthy.
"did it to themselves" makes it sound like you believe they did something wrong.

They didn't. The narrative about both them dudes is STUPID.

They're more in control than just about anyone in basketball.

If we are going to keep it real, championships REALLY only matter individually to a handful of guys. Currently it is Bron, KD, Giannis, Steph, Jokic (aka the MVPs). I wouldn't be mad if someone said Kawhi but that is more so because he is on this particular Clippers team.

For everyone else right now, it is just a nice to have.
Yeah true. When those other guys retire, I don’t think anyone will ever talk about them again. I promise you. It’s sweet right now but wait 10 years…. :nerd:

What’s a ****ty situation tho? If we talking winning There’s only 5 teams max every season that can win a championship, the whole league damn near in terrible situations then so why be pressed to dip ? :lol:

Dame and Beal both done basically everything but win a ring…N that’s ok cuz it’s only a select few that accomplish that n they not on that level

I get that, but most these contenders have had a player or two that forced their way to that team or FA.

Being a top player in the league and having to will your team to victory most games only to end up back in the lottery or an easy 1st round out for most of the decade is a ****ty situation.

Beal is a different case. He legit doesnt give af. He'll be happy putting up his empty stats while the wizards are getting a 8th pick every year.

I get that, but most these contenders have had a player or two that forced their way to that team or FA.

Being a top player in the league and having to will your team to victory most games only to end up back in the lottery or an easy 1st round out for most of the decade is a ****ty situation.

Beal is a different case. He legit doesnt give af. He'll be happy putting up his empty stats while the wizards are getting a 8th pick every year.
He told you this personally?

I can only speak for myself when I say I ain't trying hear Dame complain about ring culture. It feels like getting ahead of the curb on how your career is viewed. He can be personally content on getting generational wealth and family, but doesn't like how the media and fans views stars with rings? If it doesn't apply let it fly.

Also, he was the same guy that released a song about being an All-Star snub and posted on social media complaining...

So is it Money > Personal Accomplishments > Rings?

He told you this personally?

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 12.29.27 PM.png

We can go in circles all day about it. Dame said it all in that interview with JJ Riddick. He's good. He got his money, it's no pressure, he's a big fish in a small pond. A ring is not important to him.

I remember watching KG in that interview with John Thompson crying because Minnesota wasn't going anywhere. That man watned to win. You don't get that vibe from Dame, not that you gotta cry to show it but he never comes off like he WANTS a ring.

This sounds like a guy mad that he didn’t win. Almost like he cares

Staying on a team that never gets a FA. Staying on a team with ****ty front offices

No NBA player will flat-out I say Im just out there to pad my stats. His actions show he's fine with where he's at. In a losing basketball situation for a decade plus.

We can go in circles all day about it. Dame said it all in that interview with JJ Riddick. He's good. He got his money, it's no pressure, he's a big fish in a small pond. A ring is not important to him.

I remember watching KG in that interview with John Thompson crying because Minnesota wasn't going anywhere. That man watned to win. You don't get that vibe from Dame, not that you gotta cry to show it but he never comes off like he WANTS a ring.
We see like .1% of these dudes actual lives, bruh :lol:. Dame works on his craft obsessively and went from being a under recruited player going to Weber St, to lotto pick, to ROY, to Olympian to Top 75 player of all time. What about that seems like someone who doesn’t want to win? He’s tried to recruit guys like KD and Draymond to Portland to no avail. How do we read in all this extra stuff? He just wants to win in Portland

That's probably what it is, the comfort of the situation/city/etc.

To win a chip takes a ridiculous amount of talent and luck as a team.

Regardless of the money being acquired today, idk if I can just go out there to just lose most games though. Especially in my prime physical years before my body starts breaking down.

That's probably what it is, the comfort of the situation/city/etc.

To win a chip takes a ridiculous amount of talent and luck as a team.

Regardless of the money being acquired today, idk if I can just go out there to just lose most games though. Especially in my prime physical years before my body starts breaking down.

For a Supermax you would.

Back
Top Bottom