The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavericks and Celtics-Pacers / Happy Bday broncos19dm, Wavy, B Sox

Ideal PG for international play is someone that pushes the pace, moves the ball around quickly, and doesn’t suck defensively.

Majority of the scoring for Team USA has usually come from the wing, so you don’t really need someone like Dame necessarily.

Jrue being awesome defensively at the PG spot was huge in the last Olympics.

Thought Bridges was the most consistent player on the team. Ant a bit too trigger happy out there, but the team needed him to be and he was the most talented/had the highest ceiling.

I always have nothing to do when they’re beating people by 30 but I completely miss both of the losses :lol: :smh:

Someone give me cliffs

1436870293.jpg

Dunno about that :lol:

Says some intelligent stuff, but always thought he came across SUPER arrogant though.
Thought it was clear ant, Reaves and bridges were the standouts throughout

Unless people were saying ant should get tournament mvp idk where that energy came from lol

Only lebron and Anthony played in more than 1 non Olympic fiba tournament

It isn’t really desirable to play in these qualifying tournaments, especially more than one time especially when the Olympics are the following year

Yep. And that’s pretty much because of the fallout from ‘04. Almost 20 years later, similar situation.

It’s almost cyclical at this point. From like the 80s to Dream Team to Redeem Team til now :lol:.

Wonder what they call the next iteration. KD & Steph should play Fa sho.

NBA World Title >> Olympic glory >>>>> FIBA regional tournament bragging rights.

The Noah Lyles trolling is out of hand in the grand scheme but dude is having his moment now. Building up some great press run up to the real prize in ‘24 if he has any type of persona or a good impersonation of one. He’s already legit in his game.

Bron ain’t saving anything for Team USA after 21 years of professional service and still chasing that 5th.
GOLD MEDAL> NBA TITLE> FIBA WORLD CUP TITLE.

People in the US think winning a NBA title is the elite of the elite in basketball, but winning a gold medal and ACTUALLY being a world champion IMO would be more satisfying , If I was a sports player.

Every sport in different. in football or soccer, winning a WORLD CUP is the pinnacle of the sport, since the OLY in reality is a UNDER -23 tournament..

Yep. And that’s pretty much because of the fallout from ‘04. Almost 20 years later, similar situation.

It’s almost cyclical at this point. From like the 80s to Dream Team to Redeem Team til now :lol:.

Wonder what they call the next iteration. KD & Steph should play Fa sho.
BUT REal HOOPERS HOOP11!!!!1!!!!!

YOu wouldn’t KNOW !!!! Stop 🛑 TRYING TO RELATE YOU NON MILLIONAIRE

Thought it was clear ant, Reaves and bridges were the standouts throughout

Unless people were saying ant should get tournament mvp idk where that energy came from lol
I think 90% of NBA twitter discourse is someone taking a post from one or two people. Making it the consensus and then arguing against it

Last edited:
There is such a hard ceiling on Ant’s talent cause he just refuses to try and be a facilitator. All the talent in the world but just doesn’t look to pass at all. Settled for bad shots instead of getting his teammates involved.

Fox would really would be a much better fit as the PG

The program clearly knows USAs weaknesses. Should still win gold if the right players commit.

Back
Top Bottom