The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Jus checked out Craigslist Joe..the beginning seemed corny... but in the end I really enjoyed it, glad I stuck it out..

Would def recommend it!

Better off Ted
- show is kinda funny, would recommend

Like crazy
- it's an ok movie, something to watch with a chick and if it gets to boring you can bang and not miss anything

A lot of my female friends have been talking about Downton Abbey and how much they love it.
Just started watching it yesterday and so far so good. I like period pieces like this.

Just watched these & liked them both very much....

The Loneliest Planet

This one had a nice twist to it...

Bro, if I could neg you I would. I might even report you. Wasted 2 hours of my life watching this. Everyone, STAY AWAY!

^ :wink:

I liked it...Again, it's not a hollywood flick, but a good indie. I gave a warning this isn't for the typical movie fan. Oh well...I shared...You were looking for some big pay off (I'm assuming) or some deep moral to the story but it's really just a snap shot of a couple's life.

Last edited:
http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/time-warner-turner-animation-dallas-netflix/

Time Warner Licenses Animated Shows And ‘Dallas’ To Netflix

By DAVID LIEBERMAN, Executive Editor | Monday January 14, 2013 @ 12:06pm EST

This is the second licensing deal the entertainment giant has cut with Netflix over the last week. In the latest one, beginning on March 30 the streaming service lands all past seasons of Cartoon Network‘s Adventure Time, Ben 10, Regular Show, and Johnny Bravo, as well as Warner Bros Animation’s Green Lantern. It also will have Adult Swim shows Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sony Pictures Television’s The Boondocks and Warner Bros Television’s Studio 2.0′s Childrens Hospital. Subscribers have to wait a year, to January 2014, before Netflix begins its exclusive streaming run of the first two seasons of TNT’s Dallas. The companies didn’t disclose financial terms.

The addition of children’s shows to Time Warner‘s deal with Netflix may revive the debate over whether the streaming service is cutting into ratings for ad-supported kids shows on TV. That was a big concern last year when ratings dropped at Nickelodeon after many of its shows appeared on Netflix.

Here’s today’s release:

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Jan. 14, 2013 — Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., The Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG), and Netflix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NFLX) today announced licensing agreements bringing to U.S. Netflix members complete previous seasons of animated and live-action programming from Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. Animation and Adult Swim, as well as the TNT serialized drama Dallas (produced by Warner Horizon Television).

Beginning March 30, 2013, complete past seasons of such great Cartoon Network shows as Adventure Time, Ben 10, Regular Show, Johnny Bravo, Warner Bros. Animation’s Green Lantern will become available on the popular “Just for Kids” section of the world’s leading Internet TV subscription service.

At the same time, Adult Swim shows, such as Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sony Pictures Television’s The Boondocks and the Emmy[emoji]174[/emoji]-winning Childrens Hospital from WBTVG’s Studio 2.0, will be made available.

Coming exclusively to Netflix in January 2014 will be season one and two of the critically acclaimed Warner Horizon Television-produced TNT series Dallas.

“We are delighted that Netflix will become the exclusive over-the-top streaming subscription destination for past seasons of favorite Cartoon Network and Adult Swim titles,” said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer of Netflix. “We’re also thrilled to be able to offer the latest seasons of Dallas, one of the greatest all-time guilty pleasures.”

“The industry has evolved so that TV Everywhere and subscription video on-demand services can coexist with the appropriate windowing strategy, while allowing for more content flexibility to meet consumer demand in the changing digital landscape,” said Deborah K. Bradley, senior vice president of program acquisitions for Turner Broadcasting. “We’re happy to offer our popular programming to Netflix members, as SVOD services have become another way to grow audiences and can introduce new viewers to our programming.”

“We are thrilled to continue our great relationship with Netflix giving their subscribers access to more and more of our programming,” said Ken Werner, President, Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. “This represents another evolutionary step in the TV ecosystem working with Netflix, on the SVOD platform, to improve the consumer experience while being respectful of existing business models.”

:smokin

I liked it...Again, it's not a hollywood flick, but a good indie. I gave a warning this isn't for the typical movie fan. Oh well...I shared...You were looking for some big pay off (I'm assuming) or some deep moral to the story but it's really just a snap shot of a couple's life.

You bet I was waiting. :lol:

And then it just ended.

Someone Please recommend me a new TV series to watch. So far I have watched and loved:

Breaking Bad
Lost
Boardwalk Empire
Suits
Magic City
Heroes
Mad Men
The Newsroom

Last edited:

And then it just ended.

I'm sorry you didn't like the flick...

If you like Daniel Day Lewis & Pete Postlethwaite (RIP), check out this flick based on the true story of the Guilford 4. A co-worker & I were just talking about DDL & what a great actor he was. I recommended this flick to him & he liked it a lot...

But I guess my name is mud with you now.... :lol: It's cool though... :wink:

Adult Swim on Netflix next month!!!

Netflix Lands Cartoon Network, Adult Swim Shows

Netflix on Monday inked multi-year licensing agreements with Turner Broadcasting and Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) to bolster its library of content.

Thanks to the deal, U.S. Netflix subscribers will now be able to watch previous seasons of programming from Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. Animation, and Adult Swim. Complete past seasons of Cartoon Network shows such as Adventure Time, Ben 10, Regular Show, Johnny Bravo, and Warner Bros. Animation's Green Lantern will be made available on the Netflix "Just for Kids" section beginning March 30.

At the same time, Adult Swim shows like Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, as well as Sony Pictures Television's The Boondocks, and Childrens Hospital from WBTVG's Studio 2.0 will also hit Netflix. The Warner Horizon Television-produced TNT series Dallas is also exclusively heading to Netflix in Jan. 2014.

"We are delighted that Netflix will become the exclusive over-the-top streaming subscription destination for past seasons of favorite Cartoon Network and Adult Swim titles," Ted Sarandos, chief content officer of Netflix, said in a statement. "We're also thrilled to be able to offer the latest seasons of Dallas, one of the greatest all-time guilty pleasures."

Netflix just last week announced a separate licensing agreement with WBTVG to carry 2012-13 seasons of the dramas Revolution, Political Animals, Longmire, 666 Park Avenue, Chuck, Fringe, and The West Wing. Also headed to Netflix will be The Following, which premieres Jan. 21 on Fox and stars Kevin Bacon as a former FBI agent.

Netflix isn't the only company beefing up its content library. Rival video-streaming provider Amazon recently signed licensing agreements with A+E Networks and Turner Broadcasting System to bolster its Prime Instant Video catalog.

Netflix was at CES last week, where it showed off a test of user profiles within Watch Instantly and announced Super HD and 3D viewing options for ISPs that sign up for its Open Connect program.

The company also made headlines last week when it was announced that its reboot of Arrested Development will premiere on Netflix in May.

Boondocks will be on Instant Queue Day one.

Last edited:
Robot Chicken yessssss

I can actually pick episodes with skeletor in it :smokin

Last edited:
Someone Please recommend me a new TV series to watch. So far I have watched and loved:

Breaking Bad
Lost
Boardwalk Empire
Suits
Magic City
Heroes
Mad Men
The Newsroom

White Collar
Nip/Tuck (My favorite show of all time)
Arrested Development
The Office
Hell on Wheels
American Horror Story
Top Boy
Luther
How I Met Your Mother
Raising Hope
The Office
Parks and Recreation

I'll add more later.

And then it just ended.

I'm sorry you didn't like the flick...

If you like Daniel Day Lewis & Pete Postlethwaite (RIP), check out this flick based on the true story of the Guilford 4. A co-worker & I were just talking about DDL & what a great actor he was. I recommended this flick to him & he liked it a lot...

But I guess my name is mud with you now.... :lol: It's cool though... :wink:

I'll add it to my instant queue. No guarantees tho.

good, now i can stop scouring the internet for boondocks episode..

i'm telling you guys.. just when i think i'm done..
mean.gif

Just on Instant or in general?

On instant then Friday Night Lights, West Wing

otherwise The Wire, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, The Shield

for comedies

Arrested Development, Parks and Rec, The Office, Archer, to name a few on Instant

Last edited:
I used to love Arthur. Watched it everyday after school for years. Tuned in on Netflix recently, [emoji]128546[/emoji]. It turns out I've outgrown it.

laugh.gif

ya.... I'm going back to The Wire 
nthat.gif
 (on HBO Go)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom