The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Almost done with Hanna. Really like the show but 2 characters in particular change their minds every damn episode. Make a decision and stick with it. Ridiculous at this point how much they flip flop.

Made it through Hannibal. Season 2 definitely the high mark. Good show. Loved the actor who played Hannibal. Also a solid supporting cast.

favorite scene:

And then the flip later on. Will thinks he’s in control but it’s the same. Hannibal>Thanos in the pantheon of sociopaths.

Last edited:
My wife and I did the same thing. A lot of folks have rolled through that show. It's crazy how good it still is IMO, and now Stabler is coming back... :smile:
Yeah I heard about him coming back, D i c k Wolf on Scrooge McDuck levels.
giphy.gif

Yeah Law & Order and then SVU were basically training ground for future stars.

USA routinely have themed marathons for the show based on celebrities from child stars to award winners. Think there was even one where an entire cast of one show all had guest starred :lol:
I wonder if a show has ever been able to top them in response to having nobody's who become stars. I think ER might have the biggest stars though.
:lol: @ detour through SVU. That's like a 1 year detour.
Shoot more than that if I have to wait for my wife, also don't watch SVU when my daughters are around. I might be super paranoid but don't want them to be within ear shot of the language and topics.

I looked for regular Law & Order on Hulu don't think it is.

I dunno how people marathon that show for hours. Hearing about all those sex crimes about rape and people assaulting children makes me want to switch to something light.

Man boo for whoever told me there were 4 Seasons of Queen of the Soutb on NETFLIX and then 2 Seasons that weren’t on there, there isn’t even a Season 5 out yet.
Must’ve been talking about the OG version on Telemundo La Reina DelSur or whatever.

Show was cool though.

My wife and I started watching this new show, Indian Matchmaking on Netflix. It details the process of Mumbai's top matchmaker in the high stakes game of arranged marriages. It's an interesting mix of Dating Around and Millionai Matchmaker.

- Aparna is obnoxious, pretentious and negative. She literally puts road blocks in her way to finding a successful relationship.
- Nadia is baddy and seems like a cool girl
- Pradhyum seems like he's low-key gay. That's part of the reason none of these matches work for him lol

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I'm surprised how openly they talked about the caste system and "fair" skin. I didn't know that the caste system was still a thing in modern India and it said that colorism is prevalent there as well. White supremacy really has impacted everyone around the world.

Can any Indian posters speak on this? I realize I'm only seeing a small part of Indian dating so I don't want to make any broad generalizations, I'm just curious.

Saw this in here the other day, and started watching based on your post. It's a good show.

Halfway through warrior nun. Concept is interesting, ive always been interested in these heaven and hell type of stuff. Its ok, main chick gets mad annoying to me

Man boo for whoever told me there were 4 Seasons of Queen of the Soutb on NETFLIX and then 2 Seasons that weren’t on there, there isn’t even a Season 5 out yet.
Must’ve been talking about the OG version on Telemundo La Reina DelSur or whatever.

Show was cool though.

Must be a glitch fam, there's 4 seasons just finished watching them last week. Same thing happened with Money Heist couple of weeks ago it just dissapeared from Netflix people were going nuts thinking Netflix cancelled it then it just popped back up. No explanation even.
Screenshot_20200725-085443_Netflix.jpg

As for season 5 production halted due to COVID last I heard but they were already filming. BTW season 4 is :wow: :emoji_fire:

Watched Athlete A last night. Already knew basically everything, but still sad as hell.

Fear City up next.

Been binging on Kingdom this past week. Good show, really enjoying it. Was hyped to see the second season is 20 episodes, so it’s basically 4 seasons worth of episodes available.

Halfway through warrior nun. Concept is interesting, ive always been interested in these heaven and hell type of stuff. Its ok, main chick gets mad annoying to me
Just binged this.

That title is/was hilarious, so is them busting *** in ninja nun outfits :lol:

I really enjoyed it. The themes it touches on are ill. Questioning the legitimacy of the church, the line between religion and science, examining what makes somebody "sanctified"

Daenerys Targaryn look a like does get a lil annoying tho. The careless clever quip thing was overdone at times.

How invested are you in Westworld? If not much start Succession immediately. If you hooked finish s3 and then start Succession immediately after.

Yea, i should have clarified that I wasnt really looking forward to WW S3. I really just wanted to know if it was worth watching.

About to finish the first ep of Succession.

That reminds me, I haven't watched Season 3 of Westworld

Succession is good also?

Shameless Season 10 is on Netflix earlier than usual. They normally wait until almost right before the new season. I need to remember what episode I stopped at.

Back
Top Bottom