The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

what episode of walking dead season two does it start to pick up? its so slow after the second eoisode

Man I kinda agree. They seem to have added more drama and less action haha. I'm only two episodes in though also

This movie was a good watch

Can anyone recommend a good anime series to get into on Netflix? I've seen darker than black, claymore, basilisk, Ellen Leed, both full metals, flcl, and samurai champloo. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

"by far".... LOL

It's one ofthe best reviewed shows on TV and strong ratings as well.

It's like the tv version of the movie The Tree of Life.

Bunch of rave reviews, but in the end, it SUCKS. 

Just for kicks (i am sure evryone has seen this before)
CNBC documentary on Nike (1st time seeing)

Last edited:
Nip/Tuck.

Mad Men is by far one of the dumbest shows on TV.

Christian Troy > Don Draper.
mad men is the most over hyped nonsense...

Just signed up for my free trial... Don't watch TV much, and Itend to hit bars for sporting events so I figured, why not?

Could someone enlighten me on Netflix dopeness?

"by far".... LOL
Hate to bring race into it, but o think this show is lauded because it brings back the good old days of white male dominance...

When they could harass yambs, discriminate minorities, and some cigs.everywhere..

Hate to bring race into it, but o think this show is lauded because it brings back the good old days of white male dominance...
When they could harass yambs, discriminate minorities, and some cigs.everywhere..
Co-sign.

Think about it: Misogyny. Smoking. Having little to no respect for any culture/lifestyle but your own. These are all traits that you directly associate with white males, and white males only.

"by far".... LOL

You're completely missing the quality elements of the show and misinterpreting those so called "good old days" aspects too. Yeah, it's fun for the audience to watch Don Draper get women, but him sleeping with lots of women highlights a character flaw in him and in men like him of the time. Don's life suffers and is torn apart due in large part to his affairs, that's hardly a story of glorification of the "good old days".

when they "harass yambs".. you can see that as them trying to "bring back the good old days", or you can see it for the intended purpose, to show the shallow, insulting, and discriminating way some men of the time treated women. That's why we have Peggy's character.. to show how a woman coming into this world tries to navigate the sexism and hindrances of the workplace. That's why we have Joan's character.. to show another way a woman at the time can live in this world, by embracing her sexuality and using it to her advantage.. and at times being taken advantage of because of it. That's why we have Betty's character... to show ANOTHER version of a woman of the time. The one who accepted the role of housewife and realized that there's more to her life than raising children and doing laundry, but at the same time, might be trapped in this world regardless of her own happiness. 

Yeah, I typed a lot.. but that's a couple minutes response to something that you can easily dismiss as a glorification of white male dominance. That's one easy interpretation, but I can have mine.. and I think a lot of critics might agree with mine, hence the praise.

You can make that argument, but you're doing an ENORMOUS disservice to the creatives behind the scenes and the actors on screen. The show has strong themes, great characters, outstanding acting by Hamm and Moss, etc. You can make this same claim for tons of shows out there, there's going to be something that can appeal to the audience on a very low level. Whether it be an attractive cast, stories the audience can relate to, glorifying forbidden or frowned upon things in life, etc. And some shows don't have anything beyond the surface.. and some shows do. Mad Men is one of them. 
It's like the tv version of the movie The Tree of Life.

Bunch of rave reviews, but in the end, it SUCKS. 
You haven't really given any real reasons for saying "it SUCKS", it's just your empty opinion. So ok.. it sucks. Good argument.

I could point to the tremendous acting of Jon Hamm and Elisabeth Moss, the great characters of Roger, Pete, Peggy, Don, Lane, etc., the intriguing  design and style of the 60s, the well developed themes of identity, the myth of the American dream, infidelity and dishonesty, and the emptiness of success. I could go on... 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom