The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

It sucks.

Edit:

I'll give a reason. For one, the plots are every boring. The stories (outside of Don's) aren't anything to write home about. Very bleh. And outside of Hamm, the female writer, and the guy that plays Peter Campbell, the characters suck. A bunch of horrible actors. Especially Betty Draper.

Last edited:
You're completely missing the quality elements of the show and misinterpreting those so called "good old days" aspects too. Yeah, it's fun for the audience to watch Don Draper get women, but him sleeping with lots of women highlights a character flaw in him and in men like him of the time. Don's life suffers and is torn apart due in large part to his affairs, that's hardly a story of glorification of the "good old days".

when they "harass yambs".. you can see that as them trying to "bring back the good old days", or you can see it for the intended purpose, to show the shallow, insulting, and discriminating way some men of the time treated women. That's why we have Peggy's character.. to show how a woman coming into this world tries to navigate the sexism and hindrances of the workplace. That's why we have Joan's character.. to show another way a woman at the time can live in this world, by embracing her sexuality and using it to her advantage.. and at times being taken advantage of because of it. That's why we have Betty's character... to show ANOTHER version of a woman of the time. The one who accepted the role of housewife and realized that there's more to her life than raising children and doing laundry, but at the same time, might be trapped in this world regardless of her own happiness. 

Yeah, I typed a lot.. but that's a couple minutes response to something that you can easily dismiss as a glorification of white male dominance. That's one easy interpretation, but I can have mine.. and I think a lot of critics might agree with mine, hence the praise.

You can make that argument, but you're doing an ENORMOUS disservice to the creatives behind the scenes and the actors on screen. The show has strong themes, great characters, outstanding acting by Hamm and Moss, etc. You can make this same claim for tons of shows out there, there's going to be something that can appeal to the audience on a very low level. Whether it be an attractive cast, stories the audience can relate to, glorifying forbidden or frowned upon things in life, etc. And some shows don't have anything beyond the surface.. and some shows do. Mad Men is one of them. 

You haven't really given any real reasons for saying "it SUCKS", it's just your empty opinion. So ok.. it sucks. Good argument.

I could point to the tremendous acting of Jon Hamm and Elisabeth Moss, the great characters of Roger, Pete, Peggy, Don, Lane, etc., the intriguing  design and style of the 60s, the well developed themes of identity, the myth of the American dream, infidelity and dishonesty, and the emptiness of success. I could go on... 

No, but seriously. Dudes are comparing Niptuck to Mad Men? Saying Mad Men Sucks? What the hell? :lol:

yall recommend me some Urban movies (movies with majority black folk)

I`m watching that Wiz and Snoop movie right now.

It sucks.
Edit:
I'll give a reason. For one, the plots are every boring. The stories (outside of Don's) aren't anything to write home about. Very bleh. And outside of Hamm, the female writer, and the guy that plays Peter Campbell, the characters suck. A bunch of horrible actors. Especially Betty Draper.
dat acting doe...

:x :x

homey gave a great reason why he thinks the show is dope...

we beg to differ... and think its brings back white male supremacist, which masks how awful the show is to us.

agree to disagree..

The first walking dead episode voice quality doesn't match up to their lips when they're speaking.. It actually lags..

Has anyone seen Machine Gun Preacher with Gerard Butler? I was going to rent it from the red box a while ago but I just noticed it got put on Netflix. I love Gerard Butler, hoping its a bad *** movie like Law Abiding Citizen.

rewatching a great show is always encouraging...

on my second goround of breaking bad...

still not better than the wire... but its a closer second than i gave it credit fo initially.

That Wiz/Snoop movie might have been the worst **** I've ever seen in 2 lifetimes....

Last edited:
the league season 3 is up for stream..

finally.

also a bronx tale (
pimp.gif
) and season 2 of the walking dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: dz
Back
Top Bottom