The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

What dude has never done a great movie that I have seen. You setting the bar REAL high on Eagle Eye saying he is a great actor. I know Tigga said he frequents NT boards, Shia is that you? :stoneface:

Dude has NEVER been in the conversation as a great actor.
He has actually (well good actors), you're the one out of touch here. Fury, Lawless, Maniac etc. But I'm sure you're just being facetious and can't possibly be going off just Transformers and Indy.

Shia is great. The movies hes been in may have not been awards worthy but for the most part hes killed his roles

He has actually (well good actors), you're the one out of touch here. Fury, Lawless, Maniac etc. But I'm sure you're just being facetious and can't possibly be going off just Transformers and Indy.
Man I am looking down his list of movies and I am seeing a lot of terrible performances. Dude did 4 Transformers, iRobot, Indiana Jones, Constantine. All the roles were exactly the same wise cracking not so funny teen. I don't think that is the makings of a "great" actor. I will check out Eagle Eye this weekend and also Fury. However he needs a lot more on his resume to be considered great.

I think you were being facetious in saying he is a great actor, you consider him the same tier as Paccino, DeNiro, and Nicholsan?

Better question lets talk about who you consider a great actor, get some discussion going on the boards.

finale of peaky blinders made up for the season, which was good but not as good as other seasons.

In the tall grass and In the shadow of the moon are not worth watching...

Fastest Car Season 2
Amber Blonigan :evil:
Probably would have won if she knew how to launch properly.
the 720s
Image result for bite hand gif

I'd call Shia a very good actor but a tier below the likes of Leo, Pitt, Pacino, Deniro, etc. Hes definitely had some trash roles but seems to have found his niche lately. Peanut Butter Falcon was real good and looking forward to his next movie next month too.

Tried to get into Better Than Us but couldnt so I started watching The Bodyguard.

The wife and I love Schitts Creek its hilarious!

Love Death and Robots was a good watch. Each episode is like 10-15 min, sort of like an alternative black mirror.

Speaking of 15 min episodes.

I always thought it would be dope to extend certain scenes from movies in a short form series.

Like in 300 when the kick dudes down the pit.

Follow them down and make something out of it.

Vincient being in Bruce Willis apartment.

Like anytime you wonder how'd they get there or what happened after.

Finished the first season of Absentia. It was ok, the story was good but the show itself wasn't well done. Editing and accents threw me off a bit.

Started Sneaky Pete, this show is pretty damn good. I didn't know Bryan Cranston was soo heavily involved in this joint, nice.

Last edited:
How you gonna **** on Shia and bring up iRobot, Constantine, and Transformers? :lol: If it wasnt brought up I wouldnt have remembered he was the sidekick in a Will Smith movie or in a Keanu movie.

At least bring up movies where he's the lead and can actually have the opportunity to display good acting in.

What dude has never done a great movie that I have seen. You setting the bar REAL high on Eagle Eye saying he is a great actor. I know Tigga said he frequents NT boards, Shia is that you? :stoneface:

Dude has NEVER been in the conversation as a great actor.
It just kinda seems you haven't seen a lot of movies where Shia was in except for the commercial ones.

Few years back he went on a complete tear displaying his full range as an actor.

Just look at hia filmography starting with the .ost recent movie and work your way backwards.

I wouldnt say Shia is great but he is a very good actor and managed to shake off the negative label as an actor. As a person he is a weirdo and possible scumbag and that can be off putting. Doesnt take away from his acting skills though.

How you gonna **** on Shia and bring up iRobot, Constantine, and Transformers? :lol: If it wasnt brought up I wouldnt have remembered he was the sidekick in a Will Smith movie or in a Keanu movie.

At least bring up movies where he's the lead and can actually have the opportunity to display good acting in.

It just kinda seems you haven't seen a lot of movies where Shia was in except for the commercial ones.

Few years back he went on a complete tear displaying his full range as an actor.

Just look at hia filmography starting with the .ost recent movie and work your way backwards.

I wouldnt say Shia is great but he is a very good actor and managed to shake off the negative label as an actor. As a person he is a weirdo and possible scumbag and that can be off putting. Doesnt take away from his acting skills though.
I might not have seen a lot of his movies, however it appears I have seen enough. I don't mind putting him in the "GOOD" actor conversation however saying "GREAT" is what set my alarm off. Dude doesn't have nearly enough A's on his report card to be in that conversation.

Like I mentioned I aim to watch Eagle Eye tonight if not this weekend. Might start the Wu Tang series on Hulu tonight, but Eagle Eye would be a quicker watch since it is just a movie.

I might not have seen a lot of his movies, however it appears I have seen enough. I don't mind putting him in the "GOOD" actor conversation however saying "GREAT" is what set my alarm off. Dude doesn't have nearly enough A's on his report card to be in that conversation.

Like I mentioned I aim to watch Eagle Eye tonight if not this weekend. Might start the Wu Tang series on Hulu tonight, but Eagle Eye would be a quicker watch since it is just a movie.
Eagle Eye was more an attempt to see if Shia was an action star. Cool flick. Nothing to show off acting.

See Lawless, Charlie Countryman, Peanutbutter Falcon, and w/e else is on his recent filmography for acting.

Eagle Eye was more an attempt to see if Shia was an action star. Cool flick. Nothing to show off acting.

See Lawless, Charlie Countryman, Peanutbutter Falcon, and w/e else is on his recent filmography for acting.
HEY DAMN IT, guys said Eagle Eye was a good movie and recommended it. Is it not worth watching it then?

HEY DAMN IT, guys said Eagle Eye was a good movie and recommended it. Is it not worth watching it then?
It's an action espionage type flick. Its good for that genre but that imo wouldn't be the best example of Show's great acting.

Its worth watching for the entertainment. It's not gonna leave you thinking damn I just watched the Godfather.

Might start Living with Yourself tonight, big fan of Paul Rudd.

Also heard good things about the movie Fractured, anyone seen it yet?

I remember nt’ers saying eagle eye was bad and the twist was dumb when it released. Was not surprised.

Back
Top Bottom