The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Isnt Steve Van Zandt a terrible actor? Like infamously atrocious? Seeing scenes with him from The Sopranos and the trailer for Lilyhammer had me all the way confused. Was he serious at all? Do people take his acting serious at all? Am I being punk'd?
Lilyhammer was the perfect role for his acting.
It’s about an ex Mob Boss who rats and because he remembered how Beautiful it was in Lilyhammer when they hosted the Olympics he figures it is safe for a Rat like him and nobody will find him. He ends up befriended a bunch of square *** Norwegians and starts dating this average *** Middle Aged White lady and he opens up a Club. It’s not long before he’s got a couple of goofy goons as Capos and what not and he starts balling out in Norway. It really is the kind of bad humor that is perfect for him but what’s cool I thought what the huge difference in Culture and him trying to acclimate. It was what got me ON On NETFLIX to be honest.

The Stranger is actually really good.
Too bad the sound and lighting gives it that Rom Com made for TV Network television feeel.

I wish it were darker and the music more, not from 24 orThe Blacklist type show. It’s too, clean, of that makes sense. Too pretty. Where’s the grit to add some authenticity to it.

Thats my only complaint through 3episodes.

Lilyhammer was the perfect role for his acting.
It’s about an ex Mob Boss who rats and because he remembered how Beautiful it was in Lilyhammer when they hosted the Olympics he figures it is safe for a Rat like him and nobody will find him. He ends up befriended a bunch of square *** Norwegians and starts dating this average *** Middle Aged White lady and he opens up a Club. It’s not long before he’s got a couple of goofy goons as Capos and what not and he starts balling out in Norway. It really is the kind of bad humor that is perfect for him but what’s cool I thought what the huge difference in Culture and him trying to acclimate. It was what got me ON On NETFLIX to be honest.

I loved Lilyhammer - I was really disappointed when they decided not to make any more.

In the end, shorty didn't have much justification for how many ppl she was dropping truth bombs on.

Blackmail is a crime. Its crazy to me she wasn't in jail at the end. She got shot but somehow got cared for/had surgery and still escaped? :lol: England :smh:

Last edited:
Trying to debate on starting

Ares- Netherlands 1st NETFLIX Original(in English too):Aiming to become part of Amsterdam's elite, an ambitious college student joins an exclusive society -- unaware it is hiding a horrifying secret.

OR

Luna Nera; (this one has some SUper Badbitches innit):A group of women are suspected of witchcraft in 17th century Italy.

It needs to be something that I can finish before Friday. I'll be moved on Proper for NARCOS innit.

Ares is pretty fire.
The lead shorty is thicc.
I couldn’t tell at first, but when she woke up and they’d broken/snuck in and left the invite, she walked from the bed to the window in that tee shirt and panties and gawdamn, SHE THICC!

Episode 1 had it all.
The telling of how a small Country became so Powerful.
The initial humiliation.
The initial sacrifice.
Seems writers may have some proper knowledge.

This might make some noise.(if it doesn't go left, it might go left)

Last edited:
Damn, I think they lost me on episode 2 when the wall starting breathing and the President is talking to the Head and he says "you were right the ritual helped, I think he will be fine as long as we keep feeding him"

They better clean it up on episode 3, it got a bit messy real quick

I was gonna say go with Luna Nera
Did you watch ARES?

I think I’m satisfied with how they pulled that back together. They chose a really cool way to tell that story. I won’t ruin it for those who haven’t seen it but, I’d definitely recommend.

if you liked the WATCHMEN series and American GODZ, you should really dig ARES.

Yea I’m on Luna Nera next.
I was going to slide in The Pharmacist but I think I’m off Docs for the rest of the month.

I thought prime video was included with amazon prime ? Just noticed I’ve been getting charged 5.99 for the past few months

They got the OG Bladerunner from 1982 but it's the final cut version. I remember the Directors cut version being different from the theatrical version because in one of them Deckard is narrating the whole thing while the other one doesn't.

THis movie in general was so far ahead of its time. I mean they had the concept of facetime in 1982. One of my favorite movies.

Back
Top Bottom