The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

July 22nd :emoji_fire:

was hyped to see this until that ghoul popped up
EGKRTRSWsAAC0Zl.png

still gonna watch it tho.

Watched The Old Guard last night. Enjoyed the action and acting but didn't really explain much.
Like an immortal strike team of Jon Wicks in terms of weapon use and combat. Seems like a lot of action movies are using the Wick formula and I'm not mad.
They didn't really explain anything. I get it in movies or tv when something happens to a character and when asked they say "I don't know", but generally throughout the movie or series they figure something out.... they kinda left out the "figure it out part" :lol: . I mean they vaguely hinted at the purpose being to save the lives of people that would eventually prevent greater catastrophes, but not really enough imo. Also what's the deal with their swords/axes? Thought they would explain why they still carried them. Could have missed this detail though.

I finally finished Season 1 of Queen of the South.
Highly entertaining.
That episode 13 was a Movie.
Man, WTF with Guero though? **** shocked TF out of your mans!
These Motherf’s forged a Queen from Ashes.
Should call that ***** Phoenix not Queen

Okay so this is what I was afraid was going to happen, and I’m seeing it already in Season2.

It’s typical for Season2 antes to raise when Season1 is a homerun. They add new writers, get a bigger name to Produce. Add story lines that will have shows about Doctors and Hospitals treating the sick turn into Doctors that get abducted by Aliens and Hospitals that turn into Safe Houses for Aliens, you know, **** that makes no sense. Shows that were previously Soap Opera type specials about Love and Life are invaded by Elite 1%ers that start cloning people and taking over the Online dating scene. Well, I think that’s happening Queen of the South. I felt it from the moment King George shows up, and a few other instances but, after I finished episode 3 S2 I read the snippets of the next few episodes and in Episode 5, I will get to see Teresa kidnapped and held hostage by a “twisted cult that forces her to make a terrible choice that leads her to a mental breakdown”.
I could tell you what else is in store for Season2 upcoming episode but, no way I’m reading any more snippets.

Nothing like that happens in s2 for Queen of the South.

Couple changes of setting, on the run, more drug running, deals made, and murder, etc.

Then again I think you rated this a bit too high claiming it was better than Narcos.

For me QotS's low budget makes things a bit laughable at times, the guest stars, the efx and graphics, etc. The writing and acting is what it keeps it solid.

Also s1 was not some huge hit and they made changes for s2 cuz it got more attention. Every season this show is in danger of being cancelled.

just finished the last episode of the Kingdom (MMA show) on netlix...

MAAAN THEY NEED TO REVIVE THIS SHOW. series finale had me in tears

Feels good to watch a movie not on the couch. Introducing my son to John Wick at the drive in
785D8437-81F2-4DDC-8D29-6F8D1B4ECCE6.jpeg

went to a first drive in theatre just a few weeks ago for my homie's bday. really dope and underrated experience. I'm surprised they started the film with that much light out though

Back
Top Bottom