The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Stopped into my local FNL today and asked about the infra jacquards. They said select FNL's had them in-store, mine didn't. They had no clue about an online release. Also finally got to check them out in hand and tried them on for fit.

The woven upper is really nice. Uniform, well made, super clean and stylish. I liked it a lot. Fit wise, stay true to size. The woven mesh conforms to your foot and is comfy. The free/flex sole also is a nice touch. I know it looks different, but practicality wise, it's makes a big difference in useful daily wear.

Those things rotted on their online site, but sizes were gone in-store other than that purple color. It's sitting on the lowered prices and with coupon and WC rewards you can knock it down to about 80ish. Pretty good deal for that pair. I'm waiting for the wolf grey's, and hopefully the infra's hit more widely too.

Side note: the ebay link reseller also cancelled my order this morning. those who got in for that price and got shipment, scored.

Oh also finally got to check out the Ice AM90's. They're not bad... gimmicky, the mesh is similar to the Indy Day pack mesh. It's soft, micro mesh. I like that aspect. Hyperfuse all about, and it's the soft variation too. It's definitely eye catching. All the colors. If you want the attention they definitely work, lol.

Which AM 90 is better? Ur opinion of course. The "jacquard" or the "lunar infrared"?

Which AM 90 is better? Ur opinion of course. The "jacquard" or the "lunar infrared"?
I have the lunar infrareds and while they're nice, I, personally, like the overall fit and finish of the Jacquard better. The lunar's upper is too synthetic feeling for me, but again that's me, I like the old school materials, the suedes, the leathers, the fabrics. The jacquards have a woven mesh which feels kind of like a premium roshe mesh I guess, but more solid. I think if you're going for a stylish posh fashiony angle, the jacquards work better lol. For casual appearance the lunarlon90's are fine.

I have the lunar infrareds and while they're nice, I, personally, like the overall fit and finish of the Jacquard better. The lunar's upper is too synthetic feeling for me, but again that's me, I like the old school materials, the suedes, the leathers, the fabrics. The jacquards have a woven mesh which feels kind of like a premium roshe mesh I guess, but more solid. I think if you're going for a stylish posh fashiony angle, the jacquards work better lol. For casual appearance the lunarlon90's are fine.

Hmmm...So u think the Jacquards are more stylish? Only reason I like the lunars more is cus it looks like more of the OG infrared colorway.

I don't know if any of you guys have the Adidas ZX Flux's yet but I wonder how similar their woven uppers feel to the Jacquards. I have a feeling they're similar, but that's just a guess at the moment.

Hmmm...So u think the Jacquards are more stylish? Only reason I like the lunars more is cus it looks like more of the OG infrared colorway.
Yeah, they're slightly girly... in the sense that if you had them sitting on the table side by side with the lunar90's and a chick walks in, she'll be drawn to the jacquards because of how it looks. Probably not the best way to describe it, but it's definitely gives off a more dressy, fashiony vibe to me personally.

Oh I got it... it's like comparing Jordan XI's to those recent Jordan Futures. 
laugh.gif

Damn so its like the Jacquards are the XIs and the lunarlons are the Futures? I totally understand the comparison....damn I still dont know which one to buy. I want em both but I can only get one.

Last edited:
Damn so its like the Jacquards are the XIs and the lunarlons are the Futures? I totally understand the comparison....damn I still dont know which one to buy. I want em both but I can only get one.
Haha, no flip it around. The Jacquards are like the futures to me, and the lunarlon og inspired infra color etc, are more towards the OG sole, OG am90's side of things. Go check them out in person and you'll see. They don't feel or really look like standard AM90's. Almost like a new shoe with some hints of the am90 silhouette.

So do the lunar 90's feel like flyknit lunars comfort wise? It was asked before and just wanted to know if anyone has some feedback before I buy them. Thanks!

So do the lunar 90's feel like flyknit lunars comfort wise? It was asked before and just wanted to know if anyone has some feedback before I buy them. Thanks!
maybe a bit on the cushioning but not at all on the fit because of the upper. you can't compare the fit in terms of comfort of the flyknit upper to that synthetic upper the lunar90 has. the lunar90's tongue alone, is pretty harsh and rough as it is. its not uncomfortable, but i wear my hyperfuse and premium tape infrareds more today then my lunar90's. the comfort compared to the flyknits aside from the cushioning isn't even close.

flyknits, feel like wearing a sock with a hard sponge underneath. 

lunar90's feel like i wrapped my foot in a plastic water bottle and then glued on that hard sponge.

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Haha, no flip it around. The Jacquards are like the futures to me, and the lunarlon og inspired infra color etc, are more towards the OG sole, OG am90's side of things. Go check them out in person and you'll see. They don't feel or really look like standard AM90's. Almost like a new shoe with some hints of the am90 silhouette.

Ahhhh ok I get it now. So the Jacquard is more like the futures. Obviously more comfortable as well. Tough decision...

maybe a bit on the cushioning but not at all on the fit because of the upper. you can't compare the fit in terms of comfort of the flyknit upper to that synthetic upper the lunar90 has. the lunar90's tongue alone, is pretty harsh and rough as it is. its not uncomfortable, but i wear my hyperfuse and premium tape infrareds more today then my lunar90's. the comfort compared to the flyknits aside from the cushioning isn't even close.

flyknits, feel like wearing a sock with a hard sponge underneath. 

lunar90's feel like i wrapped my foot in a plastic water bottle and then glued on that hard sponge.

:lol:

As long as the cushioning feels like the flyknit lunars I'll be happy. I'm going to be using the pair of lunar90s I copped for the gym and I have a pair of the infrared tape coming in that I'll wear casually.

Overall, what would you recommend for best comfort? Jacquards?

Thanks for the info bro I appreciate it.

As long as the cushioning feels like the flyknit lunars I'll be happy. I'm going to be using the pair of lunar90s I copped for the gym and I have a pair of the infrared tape coming in that I'll wear casually.

Overall, what would you recommend for best comfort? Jacquards?

Thanks for the info bro I appreciate it.
Honestly man, I had those Jacquards on my feet for probably 10 mins while I was in-store. In those 10 minutes they felt pretty damn comfortable, like I could see myself wearing that if I was working on my feet, standing for 8 hrs a day, or walking through the city daily. But keep in mind I had those on for 10 mins lol. I've no clue how that upper will hold up over time but just purely comfort, they felt really good. Flyknit, Roshe comfortable. The upper is a solid one piece woven upper.

Lunar90's are cushy comfortable, I grabbed mine on the initial NDC release, and wore it a ton in the first few months, but the tongue bugged me, and the material was not the most comfortable on feet for extended times. Cushion wise it was fine, yeah comparable to flyknit soles but probably more dense because it does have the air unit also built in there. So it's not as light but it's cushiony and springy.

If I had to choose one for myself now, all colorways being equal, I'd go with the Jacquards. I like the free soles, lunarlon is soft, but it crushes easily, although the lunar90's is probably tougher then 1's or the other lunar based models. But that woven mesh feels a lot more comfortable on feet then the synthetic mesh on the lunar90, and that wins out for me.

Last edited:
Honestly man, I had those Jacquards on my feet for probably 10 mins while I was in-store. In those 10 minutes they felt pretty damn comfortable, like I could see myself wearing that if I was working on my feet, standing for 8 hrs a day, or walking through the city daily. But keep in mind I had those on for 10 mins lol. I've no clue how that upper will hold up over time but just purely comfort, they felt really good. Flyknit, Roshe comfortable. The upper is a solid one piece woven upper.

Lunar90's are cushy comfortable, I grabbed mine on the initial NDC release, and wore it a ton in the first few months, but the tongue bugged me, and the material was not the most comfortable on feet for extended times. Cushion wise it was fine, yeah comparable to flyknit soles but probably more dense because it does have the air unit also built in there. So it's not as light but it's cushiony and springy.

If I had to choose one for myself now, all colorways being equal, I'd go with the Jacquards. I like the free soles, lunarlon is soft, but it crushes easily, although the lunar90's is probably tougher then 1's or the other lunar based models. But that woven mesh feels a lot more comfortable on feet then the synthetic mesh on the lunar90, and that wins out for me.

Great info man I really appreciate it. Time to buy a pair of Jacquards to add to the collection haha.

The Grey JCRD coming out in a few weeks are pretty nice too. I'm looking forward to that one.
Yeah I've been waiting for those at retail or lower prices not the euro or out of control prices that have been present. I really want those, the latest Infra's and I did want that crimson but still on the fence about those. Hoping Nike drops some more fresh colorways upon us soon, and normal retail shops go about picking it up too. Yes... I'm looking at you FNL! 
mean.gif

gaaah... are people serious about the prices on the AM90 roundels?! I just did a search out of curiousity because I passed on them back on release day. Some astronomical prices. smh.

quick question for tiger atmos guys, did you stay tts or half up? and how's your pair holding up today? I'm thinking about finally grabbing a pair. 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom