THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Reason i like AD, traction is great on 24hr dusty floor,support feels more secure,materals used seem better.

Reason i like AD, traction is great on 24hr dusty floor,support feels more secure,materals used seem better.
Hey me too! Except material look cheap I'm but feel good after break in. Cushing def firmer than previous Kobe's but it is still pretty good. Curious why the bad traction reviews bc these have been great so far ! Hoop
Life guy liked them too

Last edited:
If Nike's trying to make a point that decent ADs are possible, but they're not being released to the general public.  Point made.  The shoe from the price point standpoint is solid, but the overall look of the shoe is still somewhat 'cheap.'  The right colorways/options definitely bring it up a notch or two, but the options on iD are too limited to make anything on that level.  
mean.gif

Until Nike decides to either release colorways like these, or make decent options available, it's deserving this shoe is almost into it's 3rd GR, and there's only 25 pages on this thread.

Last edited:
we all knew sales were gonna take a plunge after kobe retired....the kobe retro's will be nike's cash crop...similar to jordans...

Footaction played me.

A couple weeks ago i found that they were the only spot with an 11.5 in stock. Told moms i wanted them for christmas. She copped. Footaction accidentally sent us a size 9 air max. We called them and they got it straightened out and said the 11.5 AD is on its way. AD arrives a few days later. Since its a gift i couldnt get my hands on it. Mom just opened box to make sure both shoes were in there. No inspection though. Fast forward to christmas eve. She texts me and asks me where the nearest footaction is..:lol:. Said while she was wrapping gifts she notices something wrong with the kobes.

I get to her house yesterday and see them for myself.

Bruh.

Footaction should be ashamed of themselves. This is unacceptable.

This is what i got.

Dead ***.

View media item 2276393
View media item 2276392
so many creases

View media item 2276391
View media item 2276390
that piece was literally laying in the box.

View media item 2276388

I've read performance reviews on these and they're not doing too well.

Last edited:
Footaction played me.

A couple weeks ago i found that they were the only spot with an 11.5 in stock. Told moms i wanted them for christmas. She copped. Footaction accidentally sent us a size 9 air max. We called them and they got it straightened out and said the 11.5 AD is on its way. AD arrives a few days later. Since its a gift i couldnt get my hands on it. Mom just opened box to make sure both shoes were in there. No inspection though. Fast forward to christmas eve. She texts me and asks me where the nearest footaction is..
laugh.gif
. Said while she was wrapping gifts she notices something wrong with the kobes.

Bruh.

This is what i got.

Dead ***.

so many creases

Footaction played me.

A couple weeks ago i found that they were the only spot with an 11.5 in stock. Told moms i wanted them for christmas. She copped. Footaction accidentally sent us a size 9 air max. We called them and they got it straightened out and said the 11.5 AD is on its way. AD arrives a few days later. Since its a gift i couldnt get my hands on it. Mom just opened box to make sure both shoes were in there. No inspection though. Fast forward to christmas eve. She texts me and asks me where the nearest footaction is..
laugh.gif
. Said while she was wrapping gifts she notices something wrong with the kobes.

Bruh.

This is what i got.

Dead ***.

so many creases

Sorry to hear that, man. Hopefully they'll straighten in out AND compensate you. 

not sure if this has been mentioned before or not. but if this model is called the AD (after death), would it be safe to say that the Kobe 12 would begin the "resurrection"? as in resurrection of previous models. therefore the kobe 12 would basically by a retooled Kobe 1 and so on. I think it would make sense to do it that way instead of them retroing his older line because I don't think there is too much of a demand for kobe retros.

not sure if this has been mentioned before or not. but if this model is called the AD (after death), would it be safe to say that the Kobe 12 would begin the "resurrection"? as in resurrection of previous models. therefore the kobe 12 would basically by a retooled Kobe 1 and so on. I think it would make sense to do it that way instead of them retroing his older line because I don't think there is too much of a demand for kobe retros.
I'd be very surpised to see a return to numbered Kobes... Though they did go back to numbered Jordans so who knows?

I'd be very surpised to see a return to numbered Kobes... Though they did go back to numbered Jordans so who knows?

I don't think they would have a Kobe 12, but I could see the Kobe AD 1. I think Kobe himself mentioned they weren't going to do the traditional retro. I figure we'd see the Kobe 1 updated with flyknit, etc as the AD 1.

Got the black/white pair for Christmas from the fiancé and I like them a lot from just trying them on for a few mins..

so...because of the fact I'm sending them back anyways for a new pair...I figured why not test drive these. Hooped in them yesterday for a few hours. Loved them. That broken rubber sole wasn't even noticeable, thank goodness. I love the shoe. I did change the insole though, dont need the logo rubbing off before i send them back lol. Put in a kobe X insole that I had lying around. Perfect sole for these imo. In fact this shoe is about as comfortable as the Kobe X all star, which is in my top 5 favorite hoop shoes in terms of comfort and performance. Not sure if it was because the shoe was broken in already lol or what, but it was really like a driving your whip after that initial 1500 miles. Joints just were ready to go from tip off. Probably gonna hoop in them again today and then send them back tomorrow lol

Easy pass on the black/whites for me. I just don't like the color blocking they went with. But I do love the A.D. I hope they play around more with the combinations. I love the iridescent heel cup. Soooo fire. Feels like an All Star colorway imo. Hella fire for a first release.

Last edited:
so...because of the fact I'm sending them back anyways for a new pair...I figured why not test drive these. Hooped in them yesterday for a few hours. Loved them. That broken rubber sole wasn't even noticeable, thank goodness. I love the shoe. I did change the insole though, dont need the logo rubbing off before i send them back lol. Put in a kobe X insole that I had lying around. Perfect sole for these imo. In fact this shoe is about as comfortable as the Kobe X all star, which is in my top 5 favorite hoop shoes in terms of comfort and performance. Not sure if it was because the shoe was broken in already lol or what, but it was really like a driving your whip after that initial 1500 miles. Joints just were ready to go from tip off. Probably gonna hoop in them again today and then send them back tomorrow lol

Easy pass on the black/whites for me. I just don't like the color blocking they went with. But I do love the A.D. I hope they play around more with the combinations. I love the iridescent heel cup. Soooo fire. Feels like an All Star colorway imo. Hella fire for a first release.
this is crazy, the reviews are all over the place. Guess im gonna have to just try out a pair. Starting to wonder if easy returns are actually hurting companies since a lot of people end up returning shoes before they get fully broken in (Hardens as well). They're gonna have to start making more bball shoes with less break in time. Makes me respect D Lillard even a little more.

Back
Top Bottom