THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

WTF? How many AD models are there?!
giphy.gif.cf.gif

So like a KD11 upper with a different cushioning setup..

The outsole resembles the Kyrie 3 and Kobe 8.

Kobe line is officially a mess. They need Eric Avar back at the helm. It's not that the above is bad. It's nice that it's $140.

But it looks like it was a team interns that sat down and said..."Off-White is 'lit', Element 87 is hyped...so let's go with that vibe." Again, they're not bad. But Kobes used to set the path, not follow it.

Zoom heel and forefoot would be nice. But the narrow heel shape and midfoot got me worried. Looks somewhat surprisingly high off the ground in the heel.

Can't agree enough with one of the above comments. The current offerings (non-Protro) seem to be all over the place, and they're not doing any of them great. Regular AD, 360, Rage, NXT. They need to go back to basics with this line.

I'm just glad they're doing a solid job with Protros.

I just wish they'd make more protro 1s without that "crinkle" leather. Looks like crumpled up paper.

They already tried that with the "remastered" versions and it went terribly wrong
That wasn’t “protro” which tries to upgrade by improving performance. JB claimed to be making them closer to OG but with better quality and materials. Which Failed...smh

There is another sneaker with a very similar design and colorway. I can't remember if it's a AF1 model, Jordan 1 model, or a SB Dunk model.

Edit: It might be the LeBron Stewie Griffins that I'm thinking of actually. But it might also not be :lol:

Back
Top Bottom