THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

That’s totally fair. How do you like your 360 for hooping? I’ve been out with an injury so haven’t been able to test them out but I’m eyeing another pair (got one on ice and looking for another one) just in case I like em.

Wish I could give you a legit performance review, but alas I'm a 36 year old who basically practices his jumper and post moves in his work parking lot, lol. I've got a little stroke though :tongue:

That in mind, I like them a lot. The react is great and never feels like you're bottoming out. The upper looks sketchy at first glance but its totally comfortable and lock down is great. Keep in mind that you'll have to slack the laces every time, because the footbed is really tacky. You can't just slide your foot into these, you kind of have to slack it, put your foot in place, and tighten. Once you're in though, you're really locked in.

I love my XIs so that's my baseline if that gives you a reference for where I'm coming from. I dig the drop-in midsole, flyknit, etc. The NXT seemed like the next logical design step, but never really caught on. The ADs with their bottom loaded Zoom just isn't for me. FWIW.

I like playing in my AD exodus more than my AD NXT 360s. Much more. The NXT 360 are good don't get me wrong, but the cushioning just isn't for me and neither is the super minimal upper. The AD Exodus is a little more stable, I like the feel of the shoe more, more support, and I think the cushioning is great.

I have a feeling Kuz is the reason all these joints are sold out.

Screenshot_20181022-231737_Instagram~01.jpg

Wish I could give you a legit performance review, but alas I'm a 36 year old who basically practices his jumper and post moves in his work parking lot, lol. I've got a little stroke though :tongue:

That in mind, I like them a lot. The react is great and never feels like you're bottoming out. The upper looks sketchy at first glance but its totally comfortable and lock down is great. Keep in mind that you'll have to slack the laces every time, because the footbed is really tacky. You can't just slide your foot into these, you kind of have to slack it, put your foot in place, and tighten. Once you're in though, you're really locked in.

I love my XIs so that's my baseline if that gives you a reference for where I'm coming from. I dig the drop-in midsole, flyknit, etc. The NXT seemed like the next logical design step, but never really caught on. The ADs with their bottom loaded Zoom just isn't for me. FWIW.

Hahaha. Appreciate your take on the kicks!!

JS”

Experimental or not, why release a $200 shoe with little to no promotion and random colorways. The Kobe line was always releasing top notch tech before the AD line and it never seemed as half assed as it is now. It’s just a questionable tactic if you compare it to past sig models that were price the same way.

Seems like they just don’t trust the line enough to sell like it used to now that Kobe is retired, rather than them just testing the market.

Like someone above mentioned there was a lot of anticipation amongst Kobe fans for ths 360’s and now it’s come and gone. The new AD “Exodus” are great shoes, but they definitely feel and look like a $140 shoe if that makes sense. Those also popped up out of no where as well.

u guys making me wanna go dust off my hero kobe 9s
Damn, the only CW I don't have. Quit rubbing it in lol

Prob my all time favorite hooping shoe! It’s a shame, a bunch of peeps passed bc of small zoom air in the heel!
Bruh, some people got the nerve to post in the comments sections on my IG that they have fake zoom, and commence to tell me how they cut their shoes open and they were fake smh
not fake, just not a huge zoom bag, but definitely not fake.

A2CAE8B6-A8F9-4D50-9D78-59EDD14BFFB0.jpeg
Taj Gibson exploring options.
Fire ID

It makes me think that there was either a serious flaw with the model, they simply didn’t plan to have many colorways, or the shoe sold so poorly that they moved on. I think part of it is consumer confusion with too many models and too many silly names. It’s a chaotic world with a lot of noise, you want to be as simple and direct as possible with the average consumer, call it the Kobe 13 and your sales will benefit.
LOl nothing to do with the name smh. Kobe's could be called anything and if you're a fan of Kobe, or his line, you'll cop no matter what they're called

Like I said, I think the NXT is an experimental line that Kobe is supporting. He's always been about using the latest tech in his shoes even if means taking some risks. NXT only came in 3-4 CW, 360 only comes in 3-4 CW... It's obvious that they are testing components on the market and then using what works in the more regularly priced retail kicks. Just look at the Exodus and the NXT, they're very similar in the bootie design and lacing style.

Also seems like the NXT line is continuing with the drop-in midsoles while the standard ADs have the bottom loaded cushioning. So there are differences.
Came here to correct your number since I own all of the NXT lol but someone beat me to it .

Experimental or not, why release a $200 shoe with little to no promotion and random colorways. The Kobe line was always releasing top notch tech before the AD line and it never seemed as half assed as it is now. It’s just a questionable tactic if you compare it to past sig models that were price the same way.

Seems like they just don’t trust the line enough to sell like it used to now that Kobe is retired, rather than them just testing the market.

Like someone above mentioned there was a lot of anticipation amongst Kobe fans for ths 360’s and now it’s come and gone. The new AD “Exodus” are great shoes, but they definitely feel and look like a $140 shoe if that makes sense. Those also popped up out of no where as well.
Aren't the new A.D. Exodus a $140 shoe? What seems to be the problem? The 360 doesn't feel like a $200 shoe neither did the Kobe XI but people swarmed them and bought them like rice cakes, even making ID's
(such as myself)

Give me more 8's lol
omG!! Kobe 8's are nice, but so overrated when compared to newer Kobe's. Not saying I don't like them, just definitely not in my top Kobe's ever made but to each his own

Came here to correct your number since I own all of the NXT lol but someone beat me to it .

Right, right. Red, Black, Grey, White, Volts, Curials...did I miss any?

Probably shouldn't have put any numbers in my post. I simply meant a 'very limited selection' of colors compared to pretty much any other retail shoe. Historically it seems like they would produce 10+ color ways for retail shoes. I must have 8+ GR XIs plus my 2 IDs. The ADs came in every color scheme imaginable including the Oregons and the Flip The Switch. How many different Lebron 15s have there been, not to mention the fact that there are high and low models?

I get why people are confused at the existence of these between-season experimental kicks, with their limited production albeit GR. But I'm still convinced that both the NXTs have been Nike feeling out the market with new bits and pieces of tech. The NXT was somewhat of a success since you see the bootie/lacing represented in the Exodus. We rarely saw the NXTs on an NBA court. We'll see what the 360s bring to the *next* Kobe GR model, after the Exodus. I'm willing to bet it'll have React in it, and a thicker React at that. Maybe they'll incorporate the tacky footbed? Who knows, who cares?

Funny how everything goes though. Exodus first came out, everyone was crapping on it because of the toe area (which I dislike too) but now people are lining up in droves for IDs :rofl:Haven't tried them on foot yet, and I'm sure they're comfortable, and who knows, I might end up with a couple if they go on sale soon enough :tongue:

Oh btw, I love the Exodus. The materials and forefoot cushioning aren't the best as I mentioned, but it's a great shoe. I was just referring to how random the release was. I wish they made some sort of Elite/Premium version with Full-Length Zoom or something, because it is actually a great shoe. I also do love the 360 which is why I am complaining about the color ways, in reality I want more.

MindMarathon I am YoungOutlaw on IG btw, this is my old NT name from 2004. I can't wait for my ID's to come in, I have not gotten the e-mail yet that they are done though.

Saw these on luke donic ig stream.
CA8C138D-8AAD-4706-B1C8-601FAD068386.jpeg
BE61482D-BDA0-458C-90E6-771E1EA33993.jpeg

Finally go my hands on pair of AD exodus and im very impressed with the craftsmanship of the shoe. Has the same identical traction pattern at the NXT 360. Im sure that foam is phylon and not react foam.

Back
Top Bottom