THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

If Vanessa couldn't even convince Nike to change up the bs limited hype model, then what makes you think NT can? I get the sentiment of "lets all refuse to pay the resellers and they'll have to bring their prices down," but it'll never happen across the board. At what point do you draw the line? 20 over retail, 50 over retail, 100 over retail? There's always gonna be people caving at a price they find reasonable and then that'll leave the "retail or bust" crew without the shoe. For some, that's perfectly fine since there's always another pair in the future.

It’s possible to mobilize NT to stop buying from resellers. Heck, look at what r/wallstreetbets managed to do with GME. Mind you, getting 25X your investment will give anyone more will power vs being able to cop a pair of shoes at retail.

With that being said, I’ve only purchased off resellers twice in the 20+ years of buying shoes. It’s not that difficult to do, IMO.

It’s possible to mobilize NT to stop buying from resellers. Heck, look at what r/wallstreetbets managed to do with GME. Mind you, getting 25X your investment will give anyone more will power vs being able to cop a pair of shoes at retail.

With that being said, I’ve only purchased off resellers twice in the 20+ years of buying shoes. It’s not that difficult to do, IMO.
This is far from WSB with a GME squeeze though. Awesome that you have the will power to do that in 20+ years, but today's generation of sneakerheads/resellers makes it pretty difficult to obtain the shoes you want for retail. Hell, even buying at the "low" is considered a win today. Resellers hella eager to even just scoop at a good resell price and hold for a couple months to a year. But yea, if you don't mind not owning the shoe you kinda wanted, then for sure, a retail w will happen eventually. We all know people in here kicking themselves for not buying grinches/as 6's/whatever protro before prices jumped after the nike news.

This is far from WSB with a GME squeeze though. Awesome that you have the will power to do that in 20+ years, but today's generation of sneakerheads/resellers makes it pretty difficult to obtain the shoes you want for retail. Hell, even buying at the "low" is considered a win today. Resellers hella eager to even just scoop at a good resell price and hold for a couple months to a year. But yea, if you don't mind not owning the shoe you kinda wanted, then for sure, a retail w will happen eventually. We all know people in here kicking themselves for not buying grinches/as 6's/whatever protro before prices jumped after the nike news.
Grinches are still at 600

Grinches are still at 600
Size 9 was hovering 380ish for a while then it's almost 600 now. I slept in on 4/13 so I didn't get a chance to try to double up for retail, but I did pay resell when I struck out back in December. Paid 370 for my pair. Would've loved a retail double up but at the same time, I'm just glad I was able to get a better price compared to what it looks like now.

Size 9 was hovering 380ish for a while then it's almost 600 now. I slept in on 4/13 so I didn't get a chance to try to double up for retail, but I did pay resell when I struck out back in December. Paid 370 for my pair. Would've loved a retail double up but at the same time, I'm just glad I was able to get a better price compared to what it looks like now.
They were trending up anyway hell April 20th they were still in the 300s ... so you telling me as less became available would have stay at the same price? And again people kept buying as the prices climb

Yeah, the new generation of sneaker collectors suck. Lot of them rely on having the latest hyped shoe since they love that clout so much. It is what it is I guess.

At my size, 13, they’ve been north of 500 since the release. I’m just blessed my coworker entered and hit for me otherwise I’d never own a pair. Can’t justify a % markup.
If you ever worked for a shoe company you know that normally you would get one 13 in shipment so less Quantity if you store want bigger then you'll get more but compare to the other sizes it was always less

This. i have my limits personally 350 is for anything i’m going to hoop in anything after that is too much

Thanks for sayin this. I was about to pull the trigger for DS WTK 8s for 900 just to strictly ball in

Nike will end up releasing these sneakers sans Kobe logos/branding and call it a day - they've been doing this for decades. May not necessarily be the 'right' thing to do but it is what it is.

FWIW, Huarache 2K4 and 2K5 were unofficial Kobe shoes - I had Huarache 2K5 samples with Kobe logos that never made it to production. Plus the earlier Huaraches and Kobes had 'takedown' models too, so Nike's in familiar territory.

I'm sure there's (massive amounts of) money at stake here but Vanessa and her lawyers need to look at the type of deal Shaq has with Reebok or other deals retired athletes have with sneaker companies. Maybe also reach out to Adidas have have them run the Kobe branding on the KB8s and his other sneakers during his time with that brand.

Trying to get something similar to what Michael Jordan and Jordan Brand have will probably never happen as Nike made sure that their 'Swoosh' was prominent on all of Kobe's sneakers unlike Jordan's sneakers which dropped it very early on in the lineup. They had the foresight to make sure that if contract deals ever went sour the products would still be prominent 'Nike' products.

Thanks for sayin this. I was about to pull the trigger for DS WTK 8s for 900 just to strictly ball in

You were going to pay $900 just for those to tear apart on the court due to age and them being brand new?

Ok PJ Tucker, you’ve spent more in the past but you do you.

1619454125833.gif

I mean I’d spend money on an elite model so like 250ish max for sneakers to ball it. But that’s my absolute limit. I do miss the elite series for ball though. They were better quality from the two pairs I bought to ball in. Then again I don’t play ball like I use to. Knees have really cut my ability to play like I use to.

I know Nike is catching a lot of heat for limiting Kobe releases, but what if they did the opposite and flooded the market with tons of Protros and Kobe gear? I know that people are ALWAYS going to complain about something, but I do wonder about how much of the public perception would be that they're trying to cash in off of his passing.

They were trending up anyway hell April 20th they were still in the 300s ... so you telling me as less became available would have stay at the same price? And again people kept buying as the prices climb
I don’t really get to get what you’re asking, but prices rarely stay stagnant when ds stock dries up. Prices were on the rise and then dropped once it restocked on 4/13. Same goes for the undefeated 4 collab when they released extra stock. Was able to get black mamba 4 for 306 when it was nearly 400 before. People are clearly still buying with prices rising because it’s either get in now or forever hold your peace without the shoe.

Damn, ballin! If I were to pay that for shoes, I’d try to keep em in pristine condition. Especially since they’re on the older side.

I don’t really get to get what you’re asking, but prices rarely stay stagnant when ds stock dries up. Prices were on the rise and then dropped once it restocked on 4/13. Same goes for the undefeated 4 collab when they released extra stock. Was able to get black mamba 4 for 306 when it was nearly 400 before. People are clearly still buying with prices rising because it’s either get in now or forever hold your peace without the shoe.
That what I was saying price don't say stagnant

I know Nike is catching a lot of heat for limiting Kobe releases, but what if they did the opposite and flooded the market with tons of Protros and Kobe gear? I know that people are ALWAYS going to complain about something, but I do wonder about how much of the public perception would be that they're trying to cash in off of his passing.
I would welcome them flooding the market with Kobe’s lol I would copped way more than 3 over this year. I would more than likely copped like 5 or 6

Huh? I wore the stripes (foot locker) so I still have people working for the company I am doing me 💯

Back
Top Bottom