THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Maybe they just wanted to try something different lol

I wear Kobe’s maybe 70-80% of the time I’m hooping but I still am interested in new tech so I’ll a pair of KD 14’s or Lebron’s to give them a spin. Even bought a pair of GT Cuts but got rid of them
Always and strictly Kobes.... ironically I also wanted to try GT Cuts after hearing rave reviews but never made the acquisition. That's also kind of weird having Lebrons in your rotation even for a miniscule period. Cuz Brons are heavier... never will hoop in them. Only person that hoops in Brons is Bron... and he don't even wear the current model alot. Also Bledsoe and Diana Taurasi... those are the ONLY folks lol. Today's hooping appearance... since I don't go as often... so it's an appearance rather than a session lol
20220130_084959.jpg

Always and strictly Kobes.... ironically I also wanted to try GT Cuts after hearing rave reviews but never made the acquisition. That's also kind of weird having Lebrons in your rotation even for a miniscule period. Cuz Brons are heavier... never will hoop in them. Only person that hoops in Brons is Bron... and he don't even wear the current model alot. Also Bledsoe and Diana Taurasi... those are the ONLY folks lol. Today's hooping appearance... since I don't go as often... so it's an appearance rather than a session lol
20220130_084959.jpg
Weird? Lmao… At the end of the day they are shoes bro I can get buckets in a pair of Payless kicks

But having the kicks you love and wearing the shoes that were designed for the person you look up to, makes a big impact on your game. Oh obviously shoes don’t add any skill, but they do add mentality to it.
Don’t mean this as shade but how are you fam?

Foamposite’s are one of Nike’s most cushioned basketball shoes ever with full length Zoom and double-stacked Zoom in the heel.

So what exactly are you saying?
They feel like couches on your feet. They’re heavy and stiff with plenty of heel slip lol.
I’m going to play in them though. I can’t get any worse I don’t think.

They feel like couches on your feet. They’re heavy and stiff with plenty of heel slip lol.
I’m going to play in them though. I can’t get any worse I don’t think.

I guess everyone’s foot is different because I don’t have any heel slippage at all in them. I just tried on a pair on to make sure.

I’ll admit they’re stiff at first but once broken in they form to your feet and are great.

Regarding their weight, it sounds like you’ve been skipping leg day.

1643598021682.gif

I guess everyone’s foot is different because I don’t have any heel slippage at all in them. I just tried on a pair on to make sure.

I’ll admit they’re stiff at first but once broken in they form to your feet and are great.

Regarding their weight, it sounds like you’ve been skipping leg day.

1643598021682.gif
Yea not everyone's body is the same... which predicates to their style of play. Foamposites are heavy and heck. I had the Pearl retros... obviously for casual and I felt that. I'm 6 ft about 165lbs... so yea I agree certain shoes cater to folks individually. It does speak volumes though on how PFs... Cs.. went from whether force max hooping kicks and the like to Kobes. But you don't see PGs..Gs going to the current comparable style for "big" men.

I top was thinking did he forget to add old lol. But I'm pretty sure he's old enough to know about hooping kicks. Like I wanted to try the Protro 1s for hooping since they were the only protros that actually had an advancement... but them joints especially with my age and also not hooping as much as I did(religiously) when the ZK 1s released 16 long years ago.... are also heavy. But 👏🏾 to those that can still.

Typing on my phone not sure why the old didn’t get added, and I don’t go back and proofread any of this before I hit send lol

Anyway… based on this reply (which sounds defensive) “old enough to have an opinion on how certain hooping shoes do make a difference in the mentality of your game play” … you must be young, which is fine. I did say my question wasn’t an attempt at shade.

So explain to me how that works…cause I have the same mentality every time I step on the floor, regardless of what’s on my feet. I wear Kobe’s a lot, but if I wear some model from Kyrie or Lebron my mentality doesn’t change. Now if you want to say wearing a heavier shoe, or one that has so-so traction makes a difference in what you’re physically able to do on the court then that’s something different.

Typing on my phone not sure why the old didn’t get added, and I don’t go back and proofread any of this before I hit send lol

Anyway… based on this reply (which sounds defensive) “old enough to have an opinion on how certain hooping shoes do make a difference in the mentality of your game play” … you must be young, which is fine. I did say my question wasn’t an attempt at shade.

So explain to me how that works…cause I have the same mentality every time I step on the floor, regardless of what’s on my feet. I wear Kobe’s a lot, but if I wear some model from Kyrie or Lebron my mentality doesn’t change. Now if you want to say wearing a heavier shoe, or one that has so-so traction makes a difference in what you’re physically able to do on the court then that’s something different.
Why, did you get rid of the GTs?

lol, 100% they matter man especially as you get older. some shoes are bricks on feet and you can't move as quick.

when i was young i was ballin in nike shox.. felt normal. now if i put on a pair i .. just can't
All I’m trying to say is real hoopers can wear anything and you won’t really see a difference in their game, that’s all. Of course some shoes are more comfy than others lol, but if you have a bad game and blame your shoes, I think that’s wack as hell and a lame excuse lmao.

And there’s a difference between aging and your body breaking down, and thinking wearing one pair of shoes is going to give you more game. Yeah you might get a half a second on your sprint time, or maybe 2 more inches on your vertical, but that doesn’t affect your skill lol. If you’re skilled, you could wear house shoes and still cook. Anyways, I said my piece, explained my piece, now I’m done 😂

Last edited:
For example, if I’m borrowing another teammates pair or Curry’s, something won’t sit right in my mind, because I know my Kyrie 7’e. I look up to Kyrie as the great player that he is, and it helps me mentally know I have a piece of equipment specifically designed for him on my feet. Is curry still an amazing player? Yes, and I do like him, but not as much as Kyrie.

As much as I Love LeBron’s, they just don’t fit my play style. I’m not heavy enough to get the most out of the air units.

For example, if I’m borrowing another teammates pair or Curry’s, something won’t sit right in my mind, because I know my Kyrie 7’e. I look up to Kyrie as the great player that he is, and it helps me mentally know I have a piece of equipment specifically designed for him on my feet. Is curry still an amazing player? Yes, and I do like him, but not as much as Kyrie.

As much as I Love LeBron’s, they just don’t fit my play style. I’m not heavy enough to get the most out of the air units.
In my younger days I would agree with this. Now that I’m older as long as the shoe fits and it’s comfortable that’s all that matters. Wearing a specific players shoe is just a preference (outside of the fit), the mentality and approach while playing comes from within you.

Back
Top Bottom