THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Two months and not even a leaked image of what’s to come! If Nike is dropping something this month they must have really clamped down on anything leaking at all. It’s crazy to not have seen or heard anything.
Bro I was thinking the same as far as the former. It's 8/1 and nothing... like what would they be accomplishing in having something and putting clamps on leaks of its release. I know I've read they don't know how to release whatever they have.. and if that's the case it won't be this year(and that's from what other accounts... I have no inside info lol)

Y’all see this posted by vtotheinay vtotheinay
DE2C3B50-AB04-461B-8BFD-3461835DB7CC.png

Vanessa is starting to rub me the wrong way man.

We all know what the tweet meant. No one said that Nike is designating him as the face of the Kobe line. He's been dubbed as the face of the line by fans unofficially because that's what he wears exclusively. If Nike came out and said "Demar is now the face of the Kobe line" then I could see the beef, but she's basically picking a bone with how SHE interpreted the tweet by someone who doesn't even WORK at Nike.

And then Sabrina tryna be relevant. ****.

Vanessa is starting to rub me the wrong way man.

We all know what the tweet meant. No one said that Nike is designating him as the face of the Kobe line. He's been dubbed as the face of the line by fans unofficially because that's what he wears exclusively. If Nike came out and said "Demar is now the face of the Kobe line" then I could see the beef, but she's basically picking a bone with how SHE interpreted the tweet by someone who doesn't even WORK at Nike.

And then Sabrina tryna be relevant. ****.

Nah they absolutely are gonna make him the face of “brand Kobe” lol i Don’t think they would make an announcement for him just continuing to wear PE’s.

That being said, even if that is the case Vanessa has been kinda tripping in this process of his shoes coming back out overall. Obviously respect to her being Kobe’s wife and the situation she was put in but in the words of Drake…lol just let Nike rock and collect the checks as long as they not tryna cut you short. Maybe I’m mistaken and she’s always been this involved and vocal in his line…

There was no record to set straight, because everybody knew what he meant.

DeMar has been in the league for 10+ years, he wasn't saying Ja Morant was going to be the face of Kobe's line.
Of course we did.... but I guess it's all semantics she was addressing. She was prob shocked when she saw it and that was her initial reaction.. we all human. It's funny cuz I wonder if because there is a new deal... sometime down the line they do approach it like the JB brand.... nahh I doubt it. I would even want it to be

I mean I don’t think she has a right to be upset about it because eh let Nike cook, I wanna see where they go with a Kobe JB type thing. but I think she’s definitely correct in that they’re gonna make him the dude who pushes the Kobe models if they come out with an annual one again lol

i think more people would be ok with it if derozan actually had any sort of accolades. No mvps, no rings, disappears in the playoffs year after year, lost 10 straight playoff games to lebron. Kinda disgraceful tbh if this is the guy who is carrying the torch, idc what PEs he has if he has no mamba mentality at all. (Remember when vanessa said “i only have sex with champions” :lol: )

But then again, anyone who is elite would already have their own signature shoe, and not wear Kobes. The best player i can think of who is elite and does rock Kobes is AD. He also plays for LA so make him the face if anything, or a rising star like Ja (but Ja can’t even tell if kobes are fake lol).

Luka also had some clean PEs like those blue scaled 4s, it's too bad Jordan signed him.

Last edited:
i think more people would be ok with it if derozan actually had any sort of accolades. No mvps, no rings, disappears in the playoffs year after year, lost 10 straight playoff games to lebron. Kinda disgraceful tbh if this is the guy who is carrying the torch, idc what PEs he has if he has no mamba mentality at all. (Remember when vanessa said “i only have sex with champions” :lol: )

But then again, anyone who is elite would already have their own signature shoe, and not wear Kobes. The best player i can think of who is elite and does rock Kobes is AD. Make him the face if anything, or a rising star like Ja (but Ja can’t even tell if kobes are fake lol)
what!? lol

anyway. kobe and demar were super close and had a great relationship

what!? lol

anyway. kobe and demar were super close and had a great relationship
i get that, i just don't think he deserves to be the face. kobe won 5 chips man. you gotta have some special achievements or accolades to be worthy.

even booker made a finals and went down swinging with some 40 point games that series. whereas demar straight up chokes and disappears.

that 2018 sweep by Lebronto is still one of the most disgraceful losses ever. at least win 1 game man.

to make matters worse, he also got swept by Lebron in 2017, and once he was traded away, Toronto won the chip ...

Last edited:
V said "Word did not get back to her." His name is HIS name. She gets no quarrel from me.

Shams = Monk
Nike = Chris
Vanessa = Marlo

Last edited:
i get that, i just don't think he deserves to be the face. kobe won 5 chips man. you gotta have some special achievements or accolades to be worthy.

even booker made a finals and went down swinging with some 40 point games that series. whereas demar straight up chokes and disappears.

that 2018 sweep by Lebronto is still one of the most disgraceful losses ever. at least win 1 game man.

to make matters worse, he also got swept by Lebron in 2017, and once he was traded away, Toronto won the chip ...
Lol imagine thinking someone has to be “worthy” of wearing a certain shoe.

And when you trade for a top 10 talent in the league then yes you are way more likely to win the chip with him

Lol imagine thinking someone has to be “worthy” of wearing a certain shoe.

And when you trade for a top 10 talent in the league then yes you are way more likely to win the chip with him
not just to wear a shoe. but to be a "face" of the line of a man who won 5 rings, or "THE face", yes you gotta be worthy.

and yes, demar was holding the team back with his trash a** playoff performances year after year. the way he performed was not even like a top 50 talent. he was trash again this year vs the bucks.

That's not mamba mentality at all. mamba mentality is actually showing up in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Demar is sort of an unofficial ambassador…and Sham’s tweet could’ve been interpreted like he was saying DDR has an official title or standing.

So I thought all Vanessa did was to clarify that he’s not, and imo it didn’t sound like any shade or disrespect on her end. No need to read any further into her comments. But that’s no fun so have at it NT 😂

bobj885 bobj885 it seems DeMar is already the face to real shoe heads. Kobe personally gave him pairs when he was still in high school and at USC. For me he will always be the Kobe guy it goes beyond his accolades. I mean you can disparage his career all you want but at the end of the day Kobe personally co-signed him. So kick rocks :lol:

bobj885 bobj885 it seems DeMar is already the face to real shoe heads. Kobe personally gave him pairs when he was still in high school and at USC. For me he will always be the Kobe guy it goes beyond his accolades. I mean you can disparage his career all you want but at the end of the day Kobe personally co-signed him. So kick rocks :lol:
“Real shoe heads” lol. Yeah he co-signed him in high school, not when he got swept by lebron b2b years. You know kobe was pissed when that happened.

“This is the face of my line and he can’t even get 1 game off lebron and george hill but Victor Oladipo somehow got 3 games off???”

kIcK rOcKs :lol: You’re right, it’s more than accolades, it’s about mentality too. Demar doesn’t have any of kobe’s mentality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom