THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Not sure whether this has been asked but does anyone know whats different for the volt pair? Why a different sku and a different name with an additional HMD at the back?

None of these sneakers are "worth" 200, but we like them and we pay for them and that goes for every dude on this site on every thread, regardless what you claim.  We all have overpaid for sneakers and some of us have really overpaid for sneakers. Heck no pair of kicks is worth 400, let alone 200, unless it will add an extra foot to my jumping or cut 2 seconds off my time, but they know they'll get it and yes it is what makes them Nike and Adidas and not Payless or Walmart.  So Yes I like the NXT, and the XI and even the Oregon AD, and if could I would have gotten the 11 ALT, but they are all overpriced.  But if you want a to try a goof feeling shoe, the NXT feels great and I'm even thinking about turning a pair into baseball cleats they felt so good.  I hope they come out with more colors but if not ill keep my volt pair with my grey pair.
Not sure whether this has been asked but does anyone know whats different for the volt pair? Why a different sku and a different name with an additional HMD at the back?

Last edited:
^ somebody mentioned in this thread that there were some special packaging on the volts at select locations... maybe that had to do with it.

big b 33 big b 33 already and appreciate it... great for hooping and it's the only Nike basketball signature to have NIKE id [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

got my NXTs in and these are my thoughts upon trying them on:
- the fit is snug to the point where it's borderline uncomfortable. left them on, walked around the house, and they loosened up a bit but the instep area is unnecessarily constricting.
- traction is felt pretty nice on tiled and hardwood floors like track spikes.
- cushion felt exactly the same as XI but i already expected that.
- overall, i'd use these for playing but they'd be a chore to get on with ankle braces due to the bootie construction. i can't return these any faster.

My A.D. Collection

Waiting for the "time to shine" and might do a couple more IDs
Really great collections.  At first, didn't realize those were ids, but great work.  

Also just notice the tongue on the NXT is very similar to the LeBron 14 and to a lesser agree the KD 9.  Lower in height but very similar. Has anyone seen any pics of the supposed other colors coming out? trying to decide if what to do with volt pair.  Thanks all

These will be in all nike outlets soon lol just wait on it
Sadly, you're kinda right.   If you're serious about Kobe's, these are the ones that matter: (past couple yrs)

Kobe 9: Masterpiece, Beethoven, HTMs, and Prelude Pack

Kobe 10: HTMs

Kobe 11: HTMs, Brazil, GCR, Alt/Glove, and FTB Pack

Kobe AD:________________

Otherwise, they are all outlet material.

This seems to be an off year.  I think next yr will be retros.

Last edited:
im getting my first, the derozan pair.

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F03%2Fnike-kobe-ad-compton-3.jpg
http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F03%2Fnike-kobe-ad-compton-1.jpg
http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F03%2Fnike-kobe-ad-compton-2.jpg
nike-kobe-ad-compton-release-date-852425-011-1.jpeg

Looks like these will be on SNKRS 4/12

For people folks having issues with the price of the A.D. NWT's, the grey pair can he had for a discount at Footlocker.
Since these are GR's, use any discounts on them like military, rewards, birthdays, etc.

I used a $15 reward on them bringing the price to $185.00.

Any shoe period is not worth $200 at this point. Sorry Nike but NOPE.

Yea maybe not 5 years ago but it's 2017... all the Kobe 11 elites were $200-$220. The prices of shoes will keep going up.

Shoes yes

Nike basketball line has been struggling due to prices which is why you will eventually see prices going down because most stuff isn't selling.

Yes idiots pay $200 for retros but even that is getting stale and it's starting to show

Nike's pricing scheme is to price according to the athlete's rank and then put them on sale depending on how well they sold. Buy now or wait and pay less. I think it's a great system personally

I got the grey NXTs in the mail today.  These will be going back to Nike.  They are just not a durable design.  The plastic piece that pinches the laces to keep them tight is probably not going to last long, and the bungee on the sides to hold the head of the lace is going to get loose at some point.  I think these would definitely get attention because the concept is very interesting, but so can bright orange $15 sandals.  Fun to try on, but not a keeper.  

Back
Top Bottom