THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Some raffle links for ya'll:

I won’t be trying to buy but thank you for sharing with the board.

Last weeks wears…
IMG_5981.jpeg

IMG_5958.jpeg

IMG_5963.jpeg

IMG_5959.jpeg

IMG_6012.jpeg

:smokin

Hope I can get those Italian camo 6s even though there were a ton of colorways I’d have wanted over them lol. They grew on me more now than back then, and same for the python 8s. I didn’t see it with them back then but I dig em now

I really liked the exodus AD
I never got around to getting those. In 2018/19 I had my Kobe 1 and 4 Protros, and remember saying to myself "I'm fine with just getting the Protros of the classic models and skipping all the ADs".
Then everything changed when the fire nation attacked 2020 happened.

I never got around to getting those. In 2018/19 I had my Kobe 1 and 4 Protros, and remember saying to myself "I'm fine with just getting the Protros of the classic models and skipping all the ADs".
Then everything changed when the fire nation attacked 2020 happened.
Then there was me who was waiting for protros (del sol 4s) to go on deep NDC sale... Kobe passed and I woke up late that day because I spent an all nighter for an anatomy and physiology exam the day before. Everyone cleaned all sites of protros, budget models, and clothing/jerseys...

Yes I did. I just confirmed my subscription. Pretty random but I remember donating to the foundation at one point. Not sure why these emails are populating. Maybe Kobe 8 Halos?

Last edited:
Can’t believe I’m seriously considering buying these Halo 8’s… all white and one of the most basic cushioning setups … for $180.

Wonder if you will be able to swap out the stock midsole for like something from the GT Cut line without compromising the fit.

Can’t believe I’m seriously considering buying these Halo 8’s… all white and one of the most basic cushioning setups … for $180.

Wonder if you will be able to swap out the stock midsole for like something from the GT Cut line without compromising the fit.
I can say with 95% confidence that the midsoles from the GT Cuts won't work. The shape is just way different.
Tbh I don't understand the point of doing drop-in midsoles these days anymore if midsoles from other shoes of the same brand are not compatible and no alternative options are offered.
The Kobe 8, 9, 11, and Mentality models (plus the LeBron 11) could all be interchanged with little to no compromise. The more recent models like the NXT 360, NXT FF, and GT Cuts have drop-ins that are sculpted to a very specific tooling.

I can say with 95% confidence that the midsoles from the GT Cuts won't work. The shape is just way different.
Tbh I don't understand the point of doing drop-in midsoles these days anymore if midsoles from other shoes of the same brand are not compatible and no alternative options are offered.
The Kobe 8, 9, 11, and Mentality models (plus the LeBron 11) could all be interchanged with little to no compromise. The more recent models like the NXT 360, NXT FF, and GT Cuts have drop-ins that are sculpted to a very specific tooling.

Just give me a full zoom setup with a bag in the front and bag in the heel and I’m good. That’s the best combo for cushioning and a feel of bounce Nike can do anyway. I don’t get why they keep trying to add all these lunarlons, reacts and such when all they do is bottom out.

Granted, I haven’t heard of react bottoming out but I also haven’t heard of it being used on a basketball shoe.

PG 6 is react, which I heard bottomed out pretty quickly…but I don’t own those to confirm.

I do have the GT Cut 2’s which has a React drop in but with the FLZ strobel I can’t really say I notice anything off about that setup.

Did have the LBJ 18 and 19 lows which both use a pretty thick slab of React in the midsole. Wouldn’t say it bottomed out they def lost some of the springiness they had when new.

I suppose for $180 you want something more premium than Phylon, and I did see some complaints about the softness of the Cushlon setup in the Protro 5’s and 6’s…mainly the heel. Didn’t really bother me much but I would’ve like it more if there was Zoom in the heel.

Back
Top Bottom