THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

how do these AD's fit compared to the other Kobe's? I am a true 10.5 in all kobe's except the 11, 7 I had to go up .5 size for those.

Saw the white/white pair that dropped on the 7th at my local HOH.

Just didn't do anything for me in that colorway espcially with the clear soles. For 160 I passed and will use that money for the
Univ. red colorway dropping on the 20th.

Incidentally, picked up the black pair of the 11's on clearance for 99, cannot go wrong.

Not trying to sound rude, but why would anyone buy these retail? Unless if you have a gift card, or coupon or something, you know the price on these will drop big time.

If the XI Elite's can be copped for $99, we better be able to get these for around that price realistically as well.

Saw the white/white pair that dropped on the 7th at my local HOH.

Just didn't do anything for me in that colorway espcially with the clear soles. For 160 I passed and will use that money for the
Univ. red colorway dropping on the 20th.

Incidentally, picked up the black pair of the 11's on clearance for 99, cannot go wrong.

Sadly there is no HOH around me

Only FA

I need at least 1 more 11

Not trying to sound rude, but why would anyone buy these retail? Unless if you have a gift card, or coupon or something, you know the price on these will drop big time.

If the XI Elite's can be copped for $99, we better be able to get these for around that price realistically as well.

Not everyone has to worry about $160 as much as others.

Others are Kobe fans and will buy them as soon as possible.

Some just want to play in them as soon as possible.

Not everyone is on NT and pays attention on what goes on sale or not.

Some consumers, probably plenty of them, simply go to the store and buys what they like.

Parents will buy their kids anything at any price to shut them up.

Last edited:
Not everyone has to worry about $160 as much as others.

Others are Kobe fans and will buy them as soon as possible.

Some just want to play in them as soon as possible.

Not everyone is on NT and pays attention on what goes on sale or not.

Some consumers, probably plenty of them, simply go to the store and buys what they like.

Parents will buy their kids anything at any price to shut them up.

Plus if you're willing to wait and spend some time looking you don't ever really have to pay retail on anything that's not limited. Just about every non limited shoe can be had for between $90-$125 within about a year.

But I wouldn't be surprised if these went on sale quicker than most. I was just thinking at $100 I might try to buy a lifetime supply lol. I know I'm in the minority but the clean look + the way they got that forefoot cushion balanced between response and impact protection + weight + traction, I might even say these are my favorite kicks all time to hoop in and I've played in a TON of shoes over the past ~ 20 years.

But one thing's for sure; the reception has not been great for these so far. Could it really just be the review videos?

I do think Kobe being retired and not seeing it worn on court has taken some interest out of the shoes. I mean that is also how you build up hype, you anticipate when Kobe will bust out his new sig shoes and then once you see something new on his feet you immediately try to find out as much info on it as you can. That is a huge part of any sneakers marketing that they have lost.

It also probably doesn't help that they didn't call it the 12's, not everyone watches the marketing and advertising or are in sneaker forums to know this is still a main sig shoes for Kobe. To some, these might just look like a more expensive venomenon or mentality/instinct.

I do think Kobe being retired and not seeing it worn on court has taken some interest out of the shoes. I mean that is also how you build up hype, you anticipate when Kobe will bust out his new sig shoes and then once you see something new on his feet you immediately try to find out as much info on it as you can. That is a huge part of any sneakers marketing that they have lost.

It also probably doesn't help that they didn't call it the 12's, not everyone watches the marketing and advertising or are in sneaker forums to know this is still a main sig shoes for Kobe. To some, these might just look like a more expensive venomenon or mentality/instinct.
people were on the fence on the 8s until he started embarrassing dudes in em

Plus if you're willing to wait and spend some time looking you don't ever really have to pay retail on anything that's not limited. Just about every non limited shoe can be had for between $90-$125 within about a year.

But I wouldn't be surprised if these went on sale quicker than most. I was just thinking at $100 I might try to buy a lifetime supply lol. I know I'm in the minority but the clean look + the way they got that forefoot cushion balanced between response and impact protection + weight + traction, I might even say these are my favorite kicks all time to hoop in and I've played in a TON of shoes over the past ~ 20 years.

But one thing's for sure; the reception has not been great for these so far. Could it really just be the review videos?

I'm just the opposite of you. My hoop playing days are long behind me. I strictly buy for casual use. Normally the style, color and craftsmanship dictate my purchases. For me, these AD's are the perfect combination of style and comfort. Nothing really flashy, just solid base colors that are very practical. I was quite happy when Nike decided to keep alive the Kobe line with a new low top model which is my preferred style for a Kobe.

The upcoming University Red and the Midnight Navy on Feb. 23 will be a purchase on release day.

Later on, if some AD's are discounted I can see myself doubling up on the Navy's and Black's.

Last edited:

people were on the fence on the 8s until he started embarrassing dudes in em

Yup!

And Hardens are selling well because he is having an MVP year, I mean I do believe it would have sold well no matter what but I do think it is moving and selling much, much better because of his current run. Kind of similar to Currys shoes during his back to back MVPs, it catapulted UAs sales but then supposedly dropped drastically on Curry3s after the loss tot he Cavs.

So being on court and doing well in them definitely helps due to the extra exposure.

Be interesting to see if they incorporate FK to this model and how they do it.

I agree with sentiments above in that Kobe being retired doesn't help in terms of hype etc..

For me KD and LeBron are still the big daddies in terms of Sig lines.  Kyrie and PG are still in the infancy stages.

KD in particular should lead the way for innovation.  The KD9 is a phenomenal shoe..

Gonna get wrecked for my negativity, but sorry.  I'm a Kobe fan.  I kinda like these Navy shoes.  I liked the last release, the white ones too.  But not @ $160, or even close.  Maybe I'm just bitter at seeing this line go downhill, and I'm yelling at the clouds.  These AD releases are just 'blah'...especially after the barrage of great releases this past year.  Both the 11 and 9 were fantastic.  8s to 4s too.  Maybe that's the intention?  No way to match the bar that's been set the past decade, so just keep it going until the hunger for retros builds.

I'll wait for both of these to be under $100.  Then I'll make be a decision.  Even then, I'm not sure.  This line so far?   In a word; uninspired.  And yes, maybe I'm a flyknit wh_ore, but that might help a little.  Just being honest.  Even then, I think I would need to see a Beethoven or HTM type 'work' on this model.

I think this line needs to go 'retro' pronto.  So many fantastic shoes to be redone.  One every couple months; there are enough to last a decade.

It's just not worth it for me to invest in these anymore.  If these are fantastic on court, and I still played; maybe.

Gonna get wrecked for my negativity, but sorry.  I'm a Kobe fan.  I kinda like these Navy shoes.  I liked the last release, the white ones too.  But not @ $160, or even close.  Maybe I'm just bitter at seeing this line go downhill, and I'm yelling at the clouds.  These AD releases are just 'blah'...especially after the barrage of great releases this past year.  Both the 11 and 9 were fantastic.  8s to 4s too.  Maybe that's the intention?  No way to match the bar that's been set the past decade, so just keep it going until the hunger for retros builds.

I'll wait for both of these to be under $100.  Then I'll make be a decision.  Even then, I'm not sure.  This line so far?   In a word; uninspired.  And yes, maybe I'm a flyknit wh_ore, but that might help a little.  Just being honest.  Even then, I think I would need to see a Beethoven or HTM type 'work' on this model.

I think this line needs to go 'retro' pronto.  So many fantastic shoes to be redone.  One every couple months; there are enough to last a decade.

It's just not worth it for me to invest in these anymore.  If these are fantastic on court, and I still played; maybe.

kobe-gif.gif

Back
Top Bottom