THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

This AD Mid's would be perfect for flyknit. Hoping the eventually release that. I'm pretty sure they will. I was watching a hoop and life video and he was alluding to the same thing.

Went to HOH to double on the Stardusts but they pulled em of the shelf. Looks like they will be at outlets soon

DeMar_DeRozan wearing a Nike Kobe A.D. Mid PE.
22639093_1463671370390678_8986481165728743424_n.jpg

The Purple Stardust Kobe A.D. were down to 99.99 at FTL. I picked up the Igloo pair but didn't get the purple because that shade wasn't appealing on foot. Still, great price for a great performing shoe.

Does anyone know if the A.D. mid is the signature for the year? or will we get a Kobe 13 or A.D. 2?
Good question... when they unveiled these Mids it gave me the impression they were trying to churn out whatever they had in the pipeline as quick as they could. I could be wrong but it strikes me as odd they released three completely different silhouettes so quickly, and named them like they were variations of one another.

I’m sure we’ll see another Kobe since they’re still popular, I just wonder if they’re gonna treat it like a new installment.

man the mids are so awkward looking lol.

am i the only one who thinks nike is trying to somehow kill the kobe hype?

both lebrons and kd's have full zooms and flyknit upper now. hell they even gave the "scaled" upper look which started with the kobe line to the new lebrons lol.

seem like nike's always trying to event something new for lebron. meanwhile kobe's shoes have the technology of a $70 basketball shoes lol.

man the mids are so awkward looking lol.

am i the only one who thinks nike is trying to somehow kill the kobe hype?

both lebrons and kd's have full zooms and flyknit upper now. hell they even gave the "scaled" upper look which started with the kobe line to the new lebrons lol.

seem like nike's always trying to event something new for lebron. meanwhile kobe's shoes have the technology of a $70 basketball shoes lol.

I don't see the mids as awkward, i just think lots of people got used to Kobe's as low tops (including myself). I don't mind a change here and there, the way I see it is, a mid provides more options due to overall shoe space for designs and features. I like it. Now would I want the Kobe line to stay at a mid? Of course not. I enjoyed the elite highs, but wouldn't want Kobe's to be elite highs forever going forward either. I think they did mids to please those people that believe the myth that low tops provide no ankle support. Yes there are still people out there that believe this. Especially the old heads.

As I was comparing the height of the original Kobe AD and the Kobe AD mid side by side I noticed it's not much difference between the 2 other than that top collar portion, whereas it's not present on the first AD. (see pic)

Regarding your Lebron comment, maybe Nike still searching for what actually works for the Lebron model. It's a reason Kobe's dominate the courts among players. Because it works. They perform well, are light and allow for lateral movement without any constraints and or clunkiness. Lebrons are clunky, and although the zoom is comfortable, it limits movement due to it's thickness.

Attachments

• Kobes.JPG
    Kobes.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom