THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

finally balled in my 360's, been out with a shoulder injury but man these are ridiculous. Everything about them was on point, super locked down, cushion was amazing in my opinion - super springy I honestly liked it as much if not more then zoom (I know I'm going to get killed for that on here but its true), and the traction was pretty damn good even on a average court. so after a few hours I'm saying its definitely a top 3 all time as long as it holds up.

- Edit - and for reference my favorite of all time previously was the kobe viii then the v's - I liked the 11's but thought the flyknit was too stiff imo.... these seem to be the best of all of those wrapped into one if you cant tell I'm really excited about these

finally balled in my 360's, been out with a shoulder injury but man these are ridiculous. Everything about them was on point, super locked down, cushion was amazing in my opinion - super springy I honestly liked it as much if not more then zoom (I know I'm going to get killed for that on here but its true), and the traction was pretty damn good even on a average court. so after a few hours I'm saying its definitely a top 3 all time as long as it holds up.

- Edit - and for reference my favorite of all time previously was the kobe viii then the v's - I liked the 11's but thought the flyknit was too stiff imo.... these seem to be the best of all of those wrapped into one if you cant tell I'm really excited about these

How do you feel about the Kobe 9? Just to get an idea on what your top all time list is looking like. I think the kobe 9 is GOAT in terms of performance and traction is the best hands down. When I say Kobe 9, I'm referring to the lowtop versions, elite flyknit to be specific. I think people HATE/PASSED/OVERLOOKED the kobe 9 because the elite high tops aren't everyone's cup of tea (not mine either) and most didn't rock with it or attempted to hoop in them and on the other side of the spectrum the kobe 9 EM lows were ugly as sin as well.

I like the NXT 360, but something about that traction pattern/design turns me off, especially when people are reporting that the nubs/pattern wears off after a few good wears/games. Not trying to drop 200+ for some shoes that won't last a season, but i'd definitely grab em on disco...i can see the lakers nxt 360 maybe hitting disco due to the colors lol

How do you feel about the Kobe 9? Just to get an idea on what your top all time list is looking like. I think the kobe 9 is GOAT in terms of performance and traction is the best hands down. When I say Kobe 9, I'm referring to the lowtop versions, elite flyknit to be specific. I think people HATE/PASSED/OVERLOOKED the kobe 9 because the elite high tops aren't everyone's cup of tea (not mine either) and most didn't rock with it or attempted to hoop in them and on the other side of the spectrum the kobe 9 EM lows were ugly as sin as well.

I like the NXT 360, but something about that traction pattern/design turns me off, especially when people are reporting that the nubs/pattern wears off after a few good wears/games. Not trying to drop 200+ for some shoes that won't last a season, but i'd definitely grab em on disco...i can see the lakers nxt 360 maybe hitting disco due to the colors lol

So I never really balled with the 9s, I was such a fan of the 8s and the only 9s I ever really wanted I wasn't able to get. I didn't notice any wear to mine after a solid few hours but ill definitely keep an eye on it but honestly the only nubs I could really foresee any issue with in the future are the really thin ones on the back rounded part of the heel that most likely doesn't have much effect anyways imo.

How the **** does Nike not have a single one of their athletes wearing the 360’s in the playoffs right now...........

I can’t even begin to describe how terrible their marketing has been over the past few years.

And I don’t even wanna hear the excuse that players just wanna wear what they’ve been wearing in the regular season. Derozan wore a different Kobe in just about every game he played this playoffs.

How the **** does Nike not have a single one of their athletes wearing the 360’s in the playoffs right now...........

I can’t even begin to describe how terrible their marketing has been over the past few years.

And I don’t even wanna hear the excuse that players just wanna wear what they’ve been wearing in the regular season. Derozan wore a different Kobe in just about every game he played this playoffs.
It is harder to market a shoe for a retired player, but yeah I get what you're saying. Shoe marketing has become a lost art. Nike used to be so good at it

It is harder to market a shoe for a retired player, but yeah I get what you're saying. Shoe marketing has become a lost art. Nike used to be so good at it

Man it really ain’t that hard. Jordan has done it well for years past his retirement. Combine that with the fact that more players wear Kobe’s across the league than any other signature athlete’s shoe. You have plenty of players you could put in a commercial wearing the damn shoe. And plenty more to give PE’s to so they could be rocking them in these playoffs.

I saw a few pairs of Kobe XI elite low grey orange at TJ maxx for $60. I wasn't really thinking about copping. Are they comfortable?

yeah man it's crazy. They say it's a performance beast and all this new tech, but no one in the NBA is wearing them smh.

They did a better job with the protro, but only the white undefeated colorway could be worn by nba teams, it'll be weird to rock black/maize or green camo when it doesn't really flow with your uniforms...but damn the NXT 360 is all black, there should be no excuse for players to not be wearing the latest and greatest, kinda makes you think otherwise.

Tempted :nerd:
Screenshot_20180508-112532_Nike.jpg

yeah man it's crazy. They say it's a performance beast and all this new tech, but no one in the NBA is wearing them smh.

They did a better job with the protro, but only the white undefeated colorway could be worn by nba teams, it'll be weird to rock black/maize or green camo when it doesn't really flow with your uniforms...but damn the NXT 360 is all black, there should be no excuse for players to not be wearing the latest and greatest, kinda makes you think otherwise.
Marcus Morris been wearing the camos and the whites all through the playoffs

I think Derozon wore the red camos too

Marcus Morris been wearing the camos and the whites all through the playoffs

I think Derozon wore the red camos too

Yeah I know they wore them, which reinforces my stance on players choosing to wear other shoes than the NXT 360 even though it doesn't match their uniforms...

This release reminds me of the AD NXT (version 1) which no one wore them. Only derozen a couple of times, Normal Powell, and KCP I believe. At that time the AD NXT was supposed to be the latest and greatest upgrade from the AD low...it never really caught on and no one really wore them in the NBA

it almost seems like Nike is just coming up with new directions for the Kobe line every day. They’re still doing AD Mids which I find kinda weird. You would think the 360 is the current “flagship” model or whatever especially given the tech and stuff but doesn’t seem like it

Have you been following what is happening within Nike employees internally?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/business/nike-harassment.html

It's all stems from this type of stuff.

I saw a few pairs of Kobe XI elite low grey orange at TJ maxx for $60. I wasn't really thinking about copping. Are they comfortable?

Yup. And despite the fact that colorway kinda sat, it's one of my favorite 11s. Now you'll have me checking Maxx. I don't double up anymore, but at $60 for that sneaker.

Back
Top Bottom