THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Is it normal to have to wear the kobe xi's a few times to break them in. I tried playing ball in them a few times (2 games) and they had my feet feeling like someone beat it with a hammer. I am on the bigger side 6'2 270 if that matters. Probably the most uncomfortable i've after playing ball. Does it get better after being 'broken in'?
Not all colorways of the XI Elite Low were the most comfortable out of the box. I have used and played in over 18 of them and some had way more padding or the Flyknit was stiffer so yeah your experiences may vary. The best one out of the box, straight to feet, and onto the court were the Master of Innovation. Beast performer.

Not all colorways of the XI Elite Low were the most comfortable out of the box.

Funny how different runs of the same exact shoe (tooling, dimensions, materials, etc) can feel slightly different. The XIs use of the TPU makes it an interesting break-in but they all end up pretty close to each other IMO.

You ever try mismatching pairs? I tried as a sanity check and the differences really aren't so huge once the TPU loosens up.

The 11's were all over the place on fit. Some felt longer than others. Some fit better but were more stiff in material. All in all the 11's are still one of my favorite performers

I used to feel that way until I broke in most of my pairs. I used to feel like the Achilles ran longer than my Bruce Lees but after they were both broken in, and I put one on each foot, it still felt like a cohesive pair of shoes. *shrugs* It's not like Adidas where I could run the gamut between (10.5 on CrazyLight Boost 2016, 12's for UltraBoost, 11 for Hardens), my XIs were all TTS with *some* fit anomalies that for the most part went away the longer I'd wear them.

I chalk up the differences to the materials used; the MOI's tongue (leather) needs more break in time than the Achilles or Bruce Lee (Cloth) and the Black Space and Oreo's tongue is a little more plush (suede), the All Star pair's tongue is huge and has all sorts of materials on it.

Now that we're sufficiently off-topic :rofl: The XI is still probably my favorite hoops sneaker. The fit is 1 to 1 for me, the silhouette is classy as hell. I wear them to the office and then head out to the parking lot and get some shots up. Even wore my Black Spaces at a wedding with a black suit. No one seemed to notice or care.

Not all colorways of the XI Elite Low were the most comfortable out of the box. I have used and played in over 18 of them and some had way more padding or the Flyknit was stiffer so yeah your experiences may vary. The best one out of the box, straight to feet, and onto the court were the Master of Innovation. Beast performer.

correct, i have the achilles and all star colorway when they showed up at the outlets and the toeboxes were stiff AF.

Waiting on an elite version of the 360. I like the outsole, midsole, insole tech and look, but I want more from the upper. Is Nike still doing Elite versions? Thanks for your time.

were these orange upper option ever available on NikeiD? I just want to make a mid iD with contrasting tongue color but not possible

Don't think this will happen as these are already at the $200 mark.

The shoe itself is already elite - minimal upper, super light weight and mix of react/lunar. Using a thicker yarn would be detrimental to the weight and I think full-length zoom would mean removing the 'drop-in' sole and essentially redesigning the outsole.

IMO this shoe has been designed in a very balanced fashion. One tweak to a component and the balance is thrown out.

AD = standard, NXT = elite.

Could be totally wrong though lol

Waiting on an elite version of the 360. I like the outsole, midsole, insole tech and look, but I want more from the upper. Is Nike still doing Elite versions? Thanks for your time.

Man there's a Kobe XI ID pair with the full length zoom under $100, don't really like the ID colors but I really want that full zoom though :frown:

Would be nice if Nike took the Kobe line in one of the same directions they're taking the Lebron line with that Lebron 8 x John Elliott Icon sneaker. It would really be cool if they took past Kobe models, added new color-ways, and geared them more for lifestyle and less for performance. Kobes have always been one of the more causal-friendy signatures. $250 is pricy though (although the Lebron 8 Icons just s/o pretty fast).

Um remember they tried that lifestyle line with the IXs... just no :smh:

nike_kobe_ix(9)_high_ext_snakeskin_black_black-4med.jpg

That volt is nice. The midsole creasing like that make me think these would be cushy and soft haha

Back
Top Bottom