THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

If outdoor courts didn't matter as far as shoe traction (because no one ever in history has traction issues outdoors) people would just hoop in dress shoes then, right?

It doesn't matter when it comes to hoop shoes....
Im saying its gonna be rare to find a sneaker that has horrible traction indoors and have the same horrible traction outdoors because almost every ball shoe will be good outdoors when it comes to traction.

So I played in the Kobe AD Sail for a seond time and the traction this time was a lot better. Interestingly the left shoe has better traction than the right one, so my question is: how can I get the traction of the right shoe on the same level as the left?

Just pour some water on the outsole before I enter the court or does anybody have any other ideas?

I've mentioned this once or twice before and people have replied that it worked for them ... An old trick my HS teammates and I used to do with every pair of new shoes: Put them on, walk onto the sidewalk, and scuff the soles back and forth several times on each shoe. It's similar to scrubbing in a new set of tires in that it helps get rid of that new-rubber slipperiness.

It doesn't matter when it comes to hoop shoes....
Im saying its gonna be rare to find a sneaker that has horrible traction indoors and have the same horrible traction outdoors because almost every ball shoe will be good outdoors when it comes to traction.

Bruh...stop ducking the validity of some bball shoes can have better or worse grip than other bball shoes OUTDOORS.

Your rebuttal makes no sense. You have to compare apples to apples.

Using your logic I can say, "All nike basketball shoes are the same. You shouldn't have any traction issues with any basketball shoes at all as long as you're playing on a clean NCAA/NBA level court."

Have u ever tried playing in Nike Air Raids or Reebok Blacktops indoors? They're horrible for indoors, but for outdoors they are beasts as they are outdoor shoes that are designed for outdoors.

Yeah man. I wish J would've continued the channel.

I agree with y’all. I like Jahronmon’s reviews and appreciate nightwing’s opinion as well, but it sucks that kickgenius split up and bailed on performance reviews. J still seems to be playing, so maybe he will eventually start putting out reviews on his own.

Off memory, on the Jordan 29 review from kickgenius I think, they spoke on how a lot of these reviewers are super trash, I can’t remember 100% if nightwing was also exposed, I feel like he was

No, they weren’t aiming at him that time. It was a guy from Sole Co lle ctor and some from Hypebeast and Kicksonfire.

No, they weren’t aiming at him that time. It was a guy from Sole Co lle ctor and some from Hypebeast and Kicksonfire.

I gotcha. Off memory I didn’t think they actually said names, just showed footage of let’s just say not very good players.... maybe it was just in my mind since NW was part of the scrimmage but I grouped him as a part of the shade. Anyway like I said before he can’t hoop but I appreciate his work for what it is, quality technical knowledge

RIP to Kickgenius, so sad how they aren't friends anymore, **** Tre

Yeah man. I wish J would've continued the channel.

J Jones was a real one.
Tre was a ****.

What happened exactly? Is there an article or vid that explains everything? I did a quick search and didn’t see anything.

I was deep into reviews for a minute then kinda stepped away, only watch/ read a few peeps now. Jahronmon and Schwollo mainly. I think sole bros are trash but will watch sometimes if it’s a newer shoe I’m interested in and they’re the only ones with a review out.

What happened exactly? Is there an article or vid that explains everything? I did a quick search and didn’t see anything.

I was deep into reviews for a minute then kinda stepped away, only watch/ read a few peeps now. Jahronmon and Schwollo mainly. I think sole bros are trash but will watch sometimes if it’s a newer shoe I’m interested in and they’re the only ones with a review out.
J Jones implied that he and Tre had a falling out and went their separate ways

Sole brothers are decent at ball. They're not trash but they make their videos WAY too long.

Tre was siding with a mutual friend instead of J about something. There's a whole video about it on the kickgenius YT page.

Wish i could afford these so i wouldn't have to say i don't like them
kobe-tears.png

Tre made a long documentary about KG and everything, only skipped to the end to see what he'd say about Jay. He said that in the end, money destroyed KG, he put a ton of money from his side to keep it going and growing, while Jay didn't invest much on the money side himself. They were getting paid 50/50 while Tre was doing most of the work + putting in more money, only reason he took that Eastbay deal was cuz to pay everyone on KG but he didn't really wanna do it in the 1st place. At the end their entire relationship dissolved, don't think Tre was into ballin much in the end and now it was officially done and rebranded/renamed the entire KG YouTube channel to Tre. What could have been smh, money always destroys friendships in the end, don't blame Tre honestly but it seems like he became a huge egotistical **** slowly and wanted to become the boss again/get the shine for himself.

Popular to shade Tre. Imo both good dudes. Sometimes you go separate ways with your closest friends. Just so happens these dudes are broadcasted on YouTube. They both cut from the same cloth. Maybe one day they’ll reconnect, maybe they won’t. I wish for the best for both of em

Sole brothers are decent at ball. They're not trash but they make their videos WAY too long.

They are decent to you? One can’t feel cushion and if the traction doesn’t make a noise they’ll say it’s not good. They don’t post in game footage probably for a reason.

Have the sole brothers showed game play footage lately? This other show reviewer claimed they called the manager at the sole brothers gym and found out they take pics of shoes and left. This was a while ago

I like foamer Simpsons vids because him and his brother are pros and have good competition in their game clips but a lot of their remarks are generic

I used to f with foamer, I’m not mad at it but he chose to go quantity over quality imo and I don’t watch his shh. I’m 6’5 and he’s still the only bigger guy and good hooper that puts out vids so if there’s a shoe I’m curious on, I’ll check his channel but for the most part I don’t watch his stuff no more.

I used to f with foamer, I’m not mad at it but he chose to go quantity over quality imo and I don’t watch his shh. I’m 6’5 and he’s still the only bigger guy and good hooper that puts out vids so if there’s a shoe I’m curious on, I’ll check his channel but for the most part I don’t watch his stuff no more.
He used to be very good but then he became like every other click bait youtuber

I used to watch a bunch of shoetubers like clockwork. Now I only truly enjoy Nightwing2303 because he's the same guy I watched 5 years ago. I don't care if the dude plays wheelchair basketball...he's knowledgeable and consistent.

Mike Rich was my go-to guy for casual reviews, but even his videos have gotten way too long and redundant. I don't necessarily think he's changed though, it's just gotten tougher for him to make a buck. YouTube as a career has become much more difficult in the past 2-3 years.

I used to watch a bunch of shoetubers like clockwork. Now I only truly enjoy Nightwing2303 because he's the same guy I watched 5 years ago. I don't care if the dude plays wheelchair basketball...he's knowledgeable and consistent.

Mike Rich was my go-to guy for casual reviews, but even his videos have gotten way too long and redundant. I don't necessarily think he's changed though, it's just gotten tougher for him to make a buck. YouTube as a career has become much more difficult in the past 2-3 years.
wheel chair bball :rofl: nw the goat

I didn't like his older stuff but his newer stuff have been good tbh, solid reviews and production

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom