THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I actually decided I am going to honor the sale. I think they’re a reseller because of their feedback history. It’s not rocket science. I thought about messaging and trying to get a feel but I’m just going to ship them out. I get what you’re saying but that ain’t me. I legit would have sold these to someone for the same price I had them listed if I knew they were keeping them and not trying to profit of this tragedy.

I was actually going to cancel this listing when I read the stockx vulture post someone said here but my app wouldn’t load and I just had other stuff going on and I was feeling shook so I forgot about it. 2min later I get the sold email.

That’s what’s up. You did the right thing. Since this has happened, the shady activity on eBay and StockX has gone through the roof. Folks not honoring sales and cancelling auctions to get higher prices. Definitely don’t want to add to that chaos. Buyers need protection too. :emoji_thumbsup:

Cool to see alot of 'ol timers coming back to the thread. Been here for a while, it's a community and we should come together at a time like this.

Complaining about sellers, prices, resellers, etc.. you can't control that. Not worth wasting your energy on it. I have a pair for sale that sold and it's going to be hard to ship but it's just sneakers and a collectors item and I will for sure have more pairs of Kobes.

Can already envision in a few years telling my daughter about how pioneering his signature footwear was in the performance shoe category.

My buyer's listing are sizes 11.5 and 12 but could be buying for his kid? I had no intention of canceling the sale, reseller or not. Always honor my end of the deal.
The irony but this was an exception lol. I had to cancel the Goat sale yesterday because I listed it on ebay to get more exposure since it has been sitting on Goat for awhile. I didn't think both would sell the same time frame, my bad I should have taken down the Goat listing. Normally I would be able to take down the listing if ebay sold or vice versa.
Negating that, can't make an assumption by not seeing the full picture. Humans are all different and have different agendas whether for good or bad. Just gotta stay true to yourself.

Was selling the Del Sol Protro 1 to buy the Mamba Day pair but yesterday's tragedy that listing was gone quick too after the news.

I hope nike continues to honor his brand and continue to release his shoes. Not from a selfish standpoint but as a way to honor him.

Its interesting to see how things will shake out as he is probably the most high profile death of an NBA player. Its not just him dying but how. We know wilt is gone but he had a long life so it changes the dynamic of it.

Live goes on but it sucks. I barely want to walk into work right now. Most people talk about it as a celebrity death but for me (and most of us here) he was much more than just a celebrity.

Hopefully nike does right, continues to honor him and they compensate his family

I made this pair back in 2007 ... one of my favorite models ever. I'm devastated.

Attachments

• CE748683-7E8E-4FBD-947A-4D63B0FAF446.jpeg
    CE748683-7E8E-4FBD-947A-4D63B0FAF446.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 31
  • B8A3D9FB-AE7B-40D1-AB30-418551464897.jpeg
    B8A3D9FB-AE7B-40D1-AB30-418551464897.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 135
  • BBA14F48-876B-46D2-948D-6CE12AA318BD.jpeg
    BBA14F48-876B-46D2-948D-6CE12AA318BD.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 172
What were the black and gold Kobe with the beautiful pattern. I suck at names but those are still on my want list. Kobe 8 Elite I think.
Damn those are FUEGO

I have a couple pairs of the Protro 1's I hoop in time to time, was hoping some of the Undefeated CW would drop down in price over time but that's gone out the door smh

Since I don't have any black based Kobe's I beat the hell out of my Kobe 7 elites. And the 10 asgs would slide out from under me in the shop with any oil or water wore my white Kobe hoodie.

Attachments

• 20200127_132553.jpg
    20200127_132553.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 89
LETS START SEEING SOME COLLECTION PHOTOS!!
No matter how small or large id love to see some of the NT families collections.

This is a selfish post but in reality we all are selfish. Those people are most likely regular people like me and you just trying to make a little money. Its unfortunate that Kobe passed but they didn't do it and this tragedy gives them a chance to make $$$ they might not have had otherwise so I can't really fault them. Its not like you or I are paying these people's bills and or know how each and every person is living. I think cats need to look at all sides instead of just your side on some selfish stuff. I include myself in this too.

I'm from the Philly burbs who cares lol You aren't from the actual 215 probably be saying you're from Philly when you leave here. Not super serious but you know that last part has a lot of truth to it being I'm from the actual city.

WOW!!! Your calling me selfish on a day like this?!! You post a lot of "what ifs" as if you actually know me. You post "like me and you just trying to make a little money" in regards to these people reselling off the tragedy. Sorry, but PLEASE don't group me in that class! I wouldn't do it and won't do it. And I'm not alone in my thinking as others liked my post. It's my opinion, so don't call it selfish. You have your own so be it. But please don't assume I'm lumped in with others in this case as I am NOT!

And where I live? My parents area code growing up in Bucks County (Warrington) WAS 215, just so you know! Went to CB West! I now live in Chester County which is even closer. Never said I was from Philly. I never say that as I'm not (that would be lying). But Bucks, Montco, Chester, etc are Philly Burbs. Weather peeps on news call is the burbs. It must me somewhat serious to try and call me out on it blindly. Good for you living there. I'm happy for you. I love Philly. All my health issues (liver transplant in 03 and Crohn's disease since 93) are treated at Penn and Penn Presby! I love those hospitals. They saved my life. I'm down there often for doctor's appointments. But don't assume I'm from the middle of the state for example and saying Philly Burbs! Thanks.

Last edited:
WOW!!! You post a lot of "what ifs" as if you actually know me. You post "like me and you just trying to make a little money" in regards to these people reselling off the tragedy. Sorry, but PLEASE don't group me in that class! I wouldn't do it and won't do it. And I'm not alone in my thinking as others liked my post. It's my opinion, so don't call it selfish. You have your own so be it. But please don't assume I'm lumped in with others in this case as I am NOT!

And where I live? My parents area code growing up in Bucks County (Warrington) WAS 215, just so you know! Went to CB West! I now live in Chester County which is even closer. Never said I was from Philly. I never say that as I'm not (that would be lying). But Bucks, Montco, Chester, etc are Philly Burbs. Weather peeps on news call is the burbs. It must me somewhat serious to try and call me out on it blindly. Good for you living there. I'm happy for you. I love Philly. All my health issues (liver transplant in 03 and Crohn's disease since 93) are treated at Penn and Penn Presby! I love those hospitals. They saved my life. I'm down there often for doctor's appointments. But don't assume I'm from the middle of the state for example and saying Philly Burbs! Thanks.
I’ll give you I read the Philly burbs part wrong. I don’t need your history I truly thought you were claiming Philly but living in KOP. Like I said I just read that part wrong and can admit that. As for the other part I didn’t really lump you into anything. I said you don’t know those dudes situations and since you’re not paying their bills I think it’s quite selfish to be all on your emotional high horse. I never said it wasn’t your opinion and just like you posted it I disagreed with it. You disagree with my take cool no biggie. All the complaining about it’s your opinion who cares? It doesn’t mean it will go unchallenged just like you spoke on my opinion of your post. That’s how these things go. Funny thing is the city part was mainly a joke and I said as much but nope you got all in your feelings over something that truly was just something I do to a lot of people from KOP type areas that say they’re from Philly. Nobody else trips but online though people need to defend their honor like I trashed your parents or something. That part was seriously not that big of a deal smh. Let’s just agree to disagree I think we can agree on that without disagreement. Have a great day sir and thanks for your reply.

Back
Top Bottom