THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Still cant believe it

got on the kobe wave late, first pair was the htm flyknit kobe x’s

love that dam shoe, so dam comfortable

Wanted to cop more pairs but kept putting it off, regret doing that now

IMG_0096.jpg

TBH, I feel like they shouldn't release it. Just feels wrong. Especially right now when people are trying to snatch up everything Kobe related to sell.

But then at the same time, it wouldn't be fair to people who are gonna keep them and wanna have something to remind them of Kobe since they already have all the shoes made.

I understand your point but it's inevitable. I agree that they should wait a little bit until the craziness dies down but this is also just what happens when someone dies. Nike is in a tough spot but the next Kobe that Nike releases is going to sell out regardless of whether they do it next week or next year. I think they have to donate at least a portion of the proceeds to Kobe's foundations and the victims families going forward for sure.

I got ?

it was rumors his contract with Nike was coming up. Whether those rumors were right or wrong. What if his estate chose to leave Nike. Can Nike still sell/market Kobe shoes as Kobe’s?

I got ?

it was rumors his contract with Nike was coming up. Whether those rumors were right or wrong. What if his estate chose to leave Nike. Can Nike still sell/market Kobe shoes as Kobe’s?

Probably without his name attached like they've done in the past....unless he had a stipulation in his contract the he owns the designs (which I highly doubt)....regardless, I just don't see that happening. Nike is sitting on a gold mine now but like I said in my last post it's just very important that they handle it correctly and respectfully, which I'm sure they will.

The resell price on his shoes has to come down eventually right? I was only a few pairs short of completing the FTB set, and i'll be bummed if I can't unless I pay a +$500 markup.

It would be fire if Nike released a Kobe shoe to honor Gigi, proceeds to the Mamba Sports Foundation. My daughter plays ball but she’s only 9 and didn’t know Kobe. I’d love to lace her in a pair to honor Gigi. Then again I’m sure the demand and resale would be ridiculous

So many regrets looking through these pages.

Similar, but I wouldn't say I regret not buying the Kobes that I've wanted. It's just that I refused to pay resale for shoes that I'm gonna beat up by playing basketball in. Can't really regret something I was never gonna do.

Would be a different story if I was willing to pay resale from the start but was just waiting for the resale to lower.

Similar, but I wouldn't say I regret not buying the Kobes that I've wanted. It's just that I refused to pay resale for shoes that I'm gonna beat up by playing basketball in. Can't really regret something I was never gonna do.

Would be a different story if I was willing to pay resale from the start but was just waiting for the resale to lower.

💯

Back
Top Bottom