THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Do you guys think Nike and Vanessa could end this off on good note and won't be lowering the cap on these last two drops?

1619272608724.png

Maybe not Mamber "Forever"

Do you guys think Nike and Vanessa could end this off on good note and won't be lowering the cap on these last two drops?

Numbers would've been finalised way before now.

Del sol all I wanted I'm fine if they don't come out over other colorway, it'll hurt less than taking an L

Last edited:
I feel like Nike anticipated this contract coming to an end and purposely flooded the NBA with a surplus of Kobe colorways/PEs so it would be difficult for someone to tell if the shoe was made before or after the expiration. I brought it up a couple of months ago that it was rare to see players on the 3rd string rotation sitting on the bench with unreleased Kobe colorways and y’all took it the wrong way😂

It all makes sense now....Nike probably pushed out as many Kobe’s as they could before the contract ended

What would be the aim of that if they're not going to release PEs to the public?
I think that Nike is sitting on a surplus of Kobe sneakers that they will continue to supply to NBA players. I think at this point Nike’s only aim is to satisfy their Nike athletes that are Kobe fans and not the public.

Great news.
Far too much going on with the line bots fans* that were somehow absent while the great was here and nike in general these days.
Hopefully things can be sorted out at some point but theres much work needed to be done before that happens. Not sure of all the details but good on Lady VB shutting **** down. Now the true fandom can enjoy our collections without the nonsense currently spinning around the sneaker community.

I know Vanessa put it out there why a new deal wasn’t able to be reached, but I am so curious to know more about the negotiations... like if Nike wasn’t willing to make a lifetime contract commitment, what were they wiling to offer? Was the MAMBA line a part of the discussions? Was there any middle ground as far as production and releases of the Kobe line? I guess the answer to those questions are not close since they announced that no deal could be reached.

I think a Nike/Mamba line would have been great, too bad we’ll never get to see it. For now I’m just going to have to take care of the things I do have and try my luck on these last two releases. At the end of the day all of these material things will come and go but our Mamba memories will last a lifetime.

The quote you quoted was about PE’s, not GR’s.
I was talking bout the MODEL it doesn't matter if it's a PE or GR as long as it's being seen on a players feet it will still get hyped... 2019 was the year of the Kobe 4, 2020 kobe 5, 2021 Kobe 6

The quote you quoted was about PE’s, not GR’s.
There are is jordan PEs that haven't been released so it's foolish to think just because a player is wearing a certain cw it will be released but you can't purchase the same MODEL

I was talking bout the MODEL it doesn't matter if it's a PE or GR as long as it's being seen on a players feet it will still get hyped... 2019 was the year of the Kobe 4, 2020 kobe 5, 2021 Kobe 6

The poster you quoted was talking about PE’s that were never going to be released.

And seeing players in GR models that are now $500+ isn’t creating “Hype”, it’s creating anger.

Again what does PE stand for? On top of that it isn't their shoe.. and when did we start talking bout resell prices? I stated it was just the Kobe for that season so seeing it on player's feet does create buzz and it was the Kobe protro for that season hints why we really never got a ray Allen, Eddie Jones, Rip Hamilton ect 13 PE release resell is subjective its not a set price its whatever the seller feels like it's worth I would never go off of resell price because it can mean more or less to others... in 2018 the Kobe 1 was the Kobe for that season how many players are wearing Kobe 1s in 2021?

PE = Player Edition
So basically their own Nike id of a given shoe and in this example kobes
correct me if i’m wrong but Player edition is has to release to the public.

Player exclusive is the term here.

Back
Top Bottom