THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

The pricing of the sweatsuits makes sense if you consider it a demonstrative means by which celebrities can show their support (like the nets and lakers entering their respective arenas wearing the hoodies) rather than as an accessible piece of kobe-related memorabilia for eevryone. They probably made bank and the money went to a good cause. Vanessa and the estate will eventually sell stuff priced for normal people, because there's too much of a market there for them not to.

But then why was it marketed to the public?

Pricing was because Vanessa probably wanted to make it around Gigi's and Kobe's number...unfortunately instead of making it $2.24 or $2 x $24 = $48...she chose $224....but in all honestly, who in here really would have copped that?

Pricing was because Vanessa probably wanted to make it around Gigi's and Kobe's number...unfortunately instead of making it $2.24 or $2 x $24 = $48...she chose $224....but in all honestly, who in here really would have copped that?

At that price? Not ever.

If it was $100 for a hoodie I would've copped.

While we're at it, remember these?
Nike Zoom Legend Uptempo 2006.jpeg

I bought the black joints thinking they were going to be an all black ZK1 with a smaller swoosh. Having both at the same time I realized they weren't at all & the Uptempo Legend quickly became my grass cutting shoe.

Does anyone know if Kobe's signature is mutually owned by both parties like the Shozoku logo? Kobe's estate filed for his signature but it included a 24 at the end.

0E16EB87-AD27-4283-8EDA-7EA89724A1A5.jpeg
451EAD00-70CF-45EB-A381-A2DA59431A98.jpeg

This shoe is only $130 and had zoom in the heel and forefoot. This shoe also has better traction than the kobe VI.

Nike pretty much released a proto with less cushion raised the price and made them super limited. Then released a tennis shoe for cheaper with the same design and more cushion.

2nd pair from the right has the 2016 Rio vibe. Are we all buying Volleyball shoes now, so that they will sell out and Nike releases the Hyperattack 8, so a copy of the Kobe 8 for us to make us all happy?

0E16EB87-AD27-4283-8EDA-7EA89724A1A5.jpeg
451EAD00-70CF-45EB-A381-A2DA59431A98.jpeg

This shoe is only $130 and had zoom in the heel and forefoot. This shoe also has better traction than the kobe VI.

Nike pretty much released a proto with less cushion raised the price and made them super limited. Then released a tennis shoe for cheaper with the same design and more cushion.

_____
It's a play on marketing and we fall for it time after time- limited supply and a hyped up backstory.

But this is what we can expect from Nike basketball going forward, unbranded Kobe models and probably around that $120~ price range.

There are a lot of replicas 11 FTB out there!
The one thing I notice is the flyknit. Having the box and the booklet and the pin help.
Ah damn, that sucks to hear. Well hopefully it comes with both of those, but it's also stockx, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. I didn't even realize they made reps of em and it's scary to think how they've had so much time to perfect the flaws since these released back in 2016. Fingers crossed that sx and the seller come through, but the price does seem a little too good to be true

Fk Stock X. Just make sure you don't remove the tag before inspecting everything. My pair had the 13 DRAWN on. It was too late for me by then.

Ah damn, that sucks to hear. Well hopefully it comes with both of those, but it's also stockx, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. I didn't even realize they made reps of em and it's scary to think how they've had so much time to perfect the flaws since these released back in 2016. Fingers crossed that sx and the seller come through, but the price does seem a little too good to be true
What size and how much is it?

Back
Top Bottom