THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Is Nike on some sort of player agreement deal where they still make shoes for the players but not the public? There’s no way these colorways were all made before the contract expired :lol:

Also I guess whoever has those Mamba Forever 6’s is sitting on a gold mine

agreement probably states his logo can't be sold.. which in that case, they can produce whatever they want.

someone's gonna need to get hands on a PE in a couple of months and check the dates.

agreement probably states his logo can't be sold.. which in that case, they can produce whatever they want.

someone's gonna need to get hands on a PE in a couple of months and check the dates.
Already been done look back some pages. All were produced prior to contract ending

Is Nike on some sort of player agreement deal where they still make shoes for the players but not the public? There’s no way these colorways were all made before the contract expired :lol:

Also I guess whoever has those Mamba Forever 6’s is sitting on a gold mine
Wouldn’t be surprised if players. made a **** ton of colors just to have. :lol:

Ummm what’s that about?
Assuming Peak is a recently signed deal and they don’t have a shoe for him yet. So they “allowed” him to wear kobe’s but they didn’t want free promo so they had him black out the logo’s

Do y’all remember back in the day there were pics of some volleyball shoe that looked like a “Kobe-less” 6? Can’t exactly remember, maybe it had the 6 heel cup, I feel like it didn’t have the scales though?
Just saw this on IG. Don't even remember what the shoe was called, and now I can't find it... 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️Is this what we should expect Nike!?! WTH?!

yeah... it was my post! LOL

I don’t want to say Nike is effing up, but yeah, they’re kind of are. I think the Kobe line could be just a long and successful, if not more so than Jordan, at least retro wise but they are fumbling the opportunity.

Big time fumbling.
Kobe's could be the on-court version of how Jordans are off-court. That's gotta be the one of the ultimate tributes to Kobe.
Thing is, Vanessa probably don't even need to see the Nike money after that Body Armour money came in from the Coca Cola deal.

Big time fumbling.
Kobe's could be the on-court version of how Jordans are off-court. That's gotta be the one of the ultimate tributes to Kobe.
Thing is, Vanessa probably don't even need to see the Nike money after that Body Armour money came in from the Coca Cola deal.
Vanessa talks about how Kobe loved his fan’s and all that. I don’t doubt that, but since that’s the case, then for the fan’s Vanessa needs to fix **** with Nike ASAP.

I love Kobe kicks, but lemme play devil's advocate: even if they released more kobe's, does Nike really sell significantly more product? Kids who are buying basketball shoes won't just NOT buy shoes because Kobe's aren't available. They still need shoes and they'll still buy Leborn, Kyrie, KD, Giannis, etc. I don't think the lack of Kobe's on the market propels them to Adidas, Puma, or Under Armour.

From an enthusiast standpoint, we'll buy up Kobe's and skip the others, but we're probably not the demographic that affects Nike's overall sales very much. Instead of paying Vanessa, just pump more money into dunks, hip hop artists, celebs ,etc.

But I guess it's more of a Vanessa thing, than a Nike thing anyway?

Vanessa talks about how Kobe loved his fan’s and all that. I don’t doubt that, but since that’s the case, then for the fan’s Vanessa needs to fix **** with Nike ASAP.

More like Nike needs to fix **** with Vanessa. Wasn't this whole rift between the two parties a result of Nike releasing those Mambacitas?

More like Nike needs to fix **** with Vanessa. Wasn't this whole rift between the two parties a result of Nike releasing those Mambacitas?
I think there was already a rift between the two parties because of the limited quantities of Kobes hitting the market versus demand. Then the Mambacita incident happened, which seemed to cause the complete severance.

Damn they got the replicas out already. Sadly they don’t look that bad… I was thinking about maybe picking up some 6s in the near future but with all the replicas/fakes circulating, I won’t be going the resale route. Which means NO more Kobe’s for me 😭
2CEFFF6C-0D8A-4762-B535-CD7B1F3A52EC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom