THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Them reps seem like the way to go honestly…$600 on average for those grinches right? Wish Nike treated them like GRs how they did coveted lebrons from back in the day….

Them reps seem like the way to go honestly…$600 on average for those grinches right? Wish Nike treated them like GRs how they did coveted lebrons from back in the day….
$600 on average for reps? Never looked myself, not even sure where to look

Wore my favs today…
1B8764E3-F2CA-49B7-BB52-43E41C0D2090.jpeg

:smokin

I sold my Tinkers and Parkers but could not sell the Avars. Probably in my top 3 XIs
I did the same thing. I know it was just a matter of time until those white soles turned... Curious what your other top XIs were? I really liked the dark horse and pale horse but ended up letting them go because of really bad glue globs all over them. I actually got 2 pairs of the black horse and both had the same issue so I took it as a sign it wasn’t meant to be.

I did the same thing. I know it was just a matter of time until those white soles turned... Curious what your other top XIs were? I really liked the dark horse and pale horse but ended up letting them go because of really bad glue globs all over them. I actually got 2 pairs of the black horse and both had the same issue so I took it as a sign it wasn’t meant to be.

Black Horse, Avars, Bruce Lee...although I also sold the BL to pay resale for the Protro 5 Bruce Lee.

There really wasn't a "bad" CW of the XI elite low. Honorable mention to the Last Emperors and ASG.

Not sure that curve dictates fake vs real.

1657508581360.jpeg

When they put the midsole on they use that as a reference. The bigger the shoe the more of it exposed. Or could be a factory worker not putting the midsole on correctly exposing part of the reference point. I seen pairs where the left shoe is exposed slightly and the right isn’t.
1657509500351.png

Last edited:
It does not. However it does raise a redflag if you do see it. If you do see that thick border I would double check if the pair is legit.

There are other more surefire ways to legit check. Their insole's pattern is not the same exact size and design. The insole probably is not glued the same way as retail. [Probably don't smell the same 🤣] The size tags are probably verbatim throughout the entire size line, with the same serial # and date.

:rofl:... Hey guys I found some more fake pairs! :rofl:

the-sneakers-worn-by-devin-booker-of-the-phoenix-suns-before-the-game-picture-id1238028736
the-sneakers-worn-by-devin-booker-of-the-phoenix-suns-before-the-game-picture-id1238028597
devin-booker-of-the-phoenix-suns-is-seen-wearing-a-pair-of-nike-shoes-picture-id1363111066
general-view-of-the-nike-kobe-edition-sneakers-worn-by-pj-tucker-of-picture-id1356289283
the-sneakers-worn-by-pj-tucker-of-the-miami-heat-against-the-76ers-picture-id1240585697
the-sneakers-worn-by-talen-hortontucker-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-picture-id1232372318
the-sneakers-of-pj-tucker-of-the-houston-rockets-before-the-game-the-picture-id1230843923
the-sneakers-worn-by-pj-tucker-of-the-miami-heat-during-the-game-the-picture-id1239579463

My dream. Every pair should have a strong shankplate. Every pair will have goat tier traction from outsole / rubber changes. You may ask why so many Metbags? We need something different from the other Nike BBall shoes and Metbags were in the original KBV and KBVI. The React forefoot and Cushlon heel insert will provide responsiveness in the forefoot but the heel will perform like the new Protro 5/6.

Mainline [Released for Christmas]
Kobe 7 - Sleeve booty like the KBV. Full length React insert with bottom loaded full length Zoom. Wider last. Soften up and thin the uppers. Will be heavier from the React but it was never a minimal shoe in the first place.
Kobe 8 - Thin insert with React forefoot and Cushlon heel. Possibly add padding to tongue. Thin out outsole, but thicken the tread depth.
Kobe 9 - Release all 3 versions. Soften up the uppers. Lighten the outsole. Round out the heel shape for better transitioning. Thick/normal insert with React forefoot and Cushlon heel. May have full length Zoom bottom loaded for the Flyknit high versions.
Kobe 11 - Strengthen normal version upper. Soften up and thin the flyknit uppers. Thin out outsole, but thicken the tread depth. Normal version insert with React forefoot and Cushlon heel insert. Flyknit version with full length Cushlon with full length bottom loaded Zoom insert.
Kobe 2 - Full length Cushlon + Large Metbag + Heel Zoom
Kobe 3 - Full length Cushlon + Zoom Strobel

Sideline [Released 8/24]
Huarache 2K4 - Full length Cushlon + Large Metbag + Heel Zoom. Add leather to the tongue for structure. Thin out outsole, but thicken the tread depth.
Huarache 2K5 - Full length Cushlon + Large Metbag + Heel Zoom. Thin out outsole, but thicken the tread depth.
Hyperdunk - Full length Cushlon + Large Metbag + Heel Zoom. Use soft rubber for increased traction.
Kobe AD Mid - Full length Cushlon + Large Metbag + Heel Zoom. Add padding to tongue.
Kobe AD 360 - GT Cut system, but with React forefoot and Cushlon heel insert
Kobe AD Exodus - Full length Cushlon + Normal Metbag + Heel Zoom. Change angle of heeltab.
image-2022-07-12-120208075.png

My dream. Every pair should have a strong shankplate. Every pair will have goat tier traction from outsole / rubber changes. You may ask why so many Metbags? We need something different from the other Nike BBall shoes and Metbags were in the original KBV and KBVI. The React forefoot and Cushlon heel insert will provide responsiveness in the forefoot but the heel will perform like the new Protro 5/6.

Mainline [Released for Christmas]
Kobe 7 - Sleeve booty like the KBV. Full length React insert with bottom loaded full length Zoom. Wider last. Soften up and thin the uppers. Will be heavier from the React but it was never a minimal shoe in the first place.
Kobe 8 - Thin insert with React forefoot and Cushlon heel. Possibly add padding to tongue. Thin out outsole, but thicken the tread depth.
Kobe 9 - Release all 3 versions. Soften up the uppers. Lighten the outsole. Round out the heel shape for better transitioning. Thick/normal insert with React forefoot and Cushlon heel. May have full length Zoom bottom loaded for the Flyknit high versions.
Kobe 11 - Strengthen normal version upper. Soften up and thin the flyknit uppers. Thin out outsole, but thicken the tread depth. Normal version insert with React forefoot and Cushlon heel insert. Flyknit version with full length Cushlon with full length bottom loaded Zoom insert.
Kobe 2 - Full length Cushlon + Large Metbag + Heel Zoom
Kobe 3 - Full length Cushlon + Zoom Strobel

Sideline [Released 8/24]
Huarache 2K4 - Full length Cushlon + Large Metbag + Heel Zoom. Add leather to the tongue for structure. Thin out outsole, but thicken the tread depth.
Huarache 2K5 - Full length Cushlon + Large Metbag + Heel Zoom. Thin out outsole, but thicken the tread depth.
Hyperdunk - Full length Cushlon + Large Metbag + Heel Zoom. Use soft rubber for increased traction.
Kobe AD Mid - Full length Cushlon + Large Metbag + Heel Zoom. Add padding to tongue.
Kobe AD 360 - GT Cut system, but with React forefoot and Cushlon heel insert
Kobe AD Exodus - Full length Cushlon + Normal Metbag + Heel Zoom. Change angle of heeltab.
image-2022-07-12-120208075.png
Not sure why Kobe/Nike loved the drop- in midsoles on the Kobe 7-11.

If they get rid of the drop-ins that will upgrade the fit/ride of his later models

Anyone in the market for Kobe 6s please be extremely careful.
New Chinese factory is making pretty much 1:1 reps of the grinch and mambacita's (releasing soon according to the website).

Compared these pics to my retail pair and personally can hardly tell the difference.
Gawdam those look so frickin real. You gotta know ppl will be stooping down and getting these fakea. Nike isn’t helping themselves at all

08ae696c-fc23-4cfe-8168-f82f36d7e43b_text.gif

j/k :nerd:

It does not. However it does raise a redflag if you do see it. If you do see that thick border I would double check if the pair is legit.

There are other more surefire ways to legit check. Their insole's pattern is not the same exact size and design. The insole probably is not glued the same way as retail. [Probably don't smell the same 🤣] The size tags are probably verbatim throughout the entire size line, with the same serial # and date.

:rofl:... Hey guys I found some more fake pairs! :rofl:

the-sneakers-worn-by-devin-booker-of-the-phoenix-suns-before-the-game-picture-id1238028736
the-sneakers-worn-by-devin-booker-of-the-phoenix-suns-before-the-game-picture-id1238028597
devin-booker-of-the-phoenix-suns-is-seen-wearing-a-pair-of-nike-shoes-picture-id1363111066
general-view-of-the-nike-kobe-edition-sneakers-worn-by-pj-tucker-of-picture-id1356289283
the-sneakers-worn-by-pj-tucker-of-the-miami-heat-against-the-76ers-picture-id1240585697
the-sneakers-worn-by-talen-hortontucker-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-picture-id1232372318
the-sneakers-of-pj-tucker-of-the-houston-rockets-before-the-game-the-picture-id1230843923
the-sneakers-worn-by-pj-tucker-of-the-miami-heat-during-the-game-the-picture-id1239579463
It’s not so much the thick border but the pattern on the boarder. The fake pair has no shape just a. Flat line.

Back
Top Bottom