THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Do you guys think the Kobe 8 Protro would have people arguing if the back logo should be the full shozoku or just the straight lines like people argue about Nike air on Jordan 3s/4s?
Just a random thought I had watching the new weartesters video on the Thunder 4s😂.
Nah. It also wouldn’t make sense since Kobe didn’t tear his Achilles until well after the 8 was designed.

Nah. It also wouldn’t make sense since Kobe didn’t tear his Achilles until well after the 8 was designed.
IMG_6308.png

Oh no I wasn’t talking about the Achilles notches on the 9s,10s, etc. I was talking about the logos that would become the full shozoku only if you had the right socks.

IMG_6308.png

Oh no I wasn’t talking about the Achilles notches on the 9s,10s, etc. I was talking about the logos that would become the full shozoku only if you had the right socks.
Oh got ya. I think it’s such a minor difference that people will not care. The OG Nike Air vs Jordan logo makes a big difference for a lot of people, myself included. 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s look so much better with the Nike Air on the back.

IMG_6308.png

That was actually a neat marketing gimmick.

But going forward, I'm sure nobody will care about the story or the socks...IMO the full shozoku looks "better" and wouldn't surprise me if they just use that.

I'm a hypocrite. I have gone to the other side and made a purchase from KW for the KY 6 and EYBL 6. Never thought I'd purchase from such a place, but after hearing the reviews and hearing how they perform quite comparable to retails on the court, I decided to give it a try. I was definitely on the fence, but my only hoop shoes that are still wearble are the GT cut 2's, Yeezy QNTM Bballs, and Yeezy Knit bballs. The yeezy shoes are just super clunky and heavy, but I usually just shoot around in em or warm up with it then switch to the cuts. My 5 rings and carpe diem 4's are so worn down that they just aren't wearble, same as my Kyrie 7's.

And I know we all say wear your kicks (which I do), but I am definitely not beating up any more kobe protros on outdoor courts. I decided to just wear em for casual. On court review will come whenever I get around to testing them out after they arrive.

I'm a hypocrite. I have gone to the other side and made a purchase from KW for the KY 6 and EYBL 6. Never thought I'd purchase from such a place, but after hearing the reviews and hearing how they perform quite comparable to retails on the court, I decided to give it a try. I was definitely on the fence, but my only hoop shoes that are still wearble are the GT cut 2's, Yeezy QNTM Bballs, and Yeezy Knit bballs. The yeezy shoes are just super clunky and heavy, but I usually just shoot around in em or warm up with it then switch to the cuts. My 5 rings and carpe diem 4's are so worn down that they just aren't wearble, same as my Kyrie 7's.

And I know we all say wear your kicks (which I do), but I am definitely not beating up any more kobe protros on outdoor courts. I decided to just wear em for casual. On court review will come whenever I get around to testing them out after they arrive.
Can’t wait for the review bro…I’m on the fence just like you…

I played against someone wearing a rep PJ tucker Vs. He said the toe box is more wider which was better for him fitwise. Everything else is the same or performs the same as retail

Wear them lightly for a week or two until the glue smell goes away. They come super factory fresh so I think it’s best to let everything break in and dry fully to make sure they stay durable. They fit quite tight and narrow just like the retails , so if you didn’t go up a half size it’s gonna be a somewhat uncomfortable breakin lol

Wear them lightly for a week or two until the glue smell goes away. They come super factory fresh so I think it’s best to let everything break in and dry fully to make sure they stay durable. They fit quite tight and narrow just like the retails , so if you didn’t go up a half size it’s gonna be a somewhat uncomfortable breakin lol
We’re gonna needa full breakdown on yours, video breakdown of possible 😂

We’re gonna needa full breakdown on yours, video breakdown of possible 😂
Oh man I got 4 pairs now 😅 three gk 6 and the newest reverse Bruce Lee 5. Eybl is my favorite to play in. The black rubber outsole has the best traction and the shoe is just very bouncy overall. The forefoot zoom bags may be even thicker than retail ones.

Wore them today actually!

Attachments

• F4DE2A28-A8C1-40AA-B74D-A4A7388A9B6E.jpeg
    F4DE2A28-A8C1-40AA-B74D-A4A7388A9B6E.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 736
Oh man I got 4 pairs now 😅 three gk 6 and the newest reverse Bruce Lee 5. Eybl is my favorite to play in. The black rubber outsole has the best traction and the shoe is just very bouncy overall. The forefoot zoom bags may be even thicker than retail ones.

Wore them today actually!
This is what tempts me to get some GK. They basically 1:1 Kobe’s and if Nike is gonna be a ***** abt it then I mine as well

Back
Top Bottom