THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

7BFC6EAD-2772-4F3C-8CA2-F694A85AADD4.jpeg

Kobe 360 intresting if they looks and play good they would be a cop. My 1st Kobes were AD NXT highly impressed me.

So why do they still produce air Jordan sneakers and Micheal Jordan retired twice from the game.

You don’t know what your talking about. Go sit down somewhere.
My thoughts exactly. Like why is he/she even here? Troll?? lol

Just because a player retires doesn't mean the signature has to stop, especially if it's a solid performer.

My only point is if your going to bring up the idea of "forward thinking" it could be pointed out retired player signatures are inherently not that. They are backward thinking, selling through nolstalgia. Nothing wrong with it just is.

My only point is if your going to bring up the idea of "forward thinking" it could be pointed out retired player signatures are inherently not that. They are backward thinking, selling through nolstalgia. Nothing wrong with it just is.
I can see where you are going with that. I believe that retros are exactly that, people who loved what the athlete did in those pairs or love playing those pairs themselves. I remember hooping in the Kobe 5's and would love to buy a retro of them so I can ball in them again. I'm not talking the limited pair that costs $300+ resale, but a pair we can all actually get our hands on for retail.

It doesn't give the excuse to not innovate the current product of the line. I'm not being critical of the AD's, I'm talking in general for any of the lines. Jordan brand sells retros and the also are looking sell the current models with todays tech.

Trying to develop brand recognition with these players isn't as easy as it seems though and that's why players aren't just getting deals and then retired players are being dropped.

I just wonder who would sell more, Giannis or Kobe today. That's something Nike has to decide.

I still think they could offer a different basketball segment. Instead of just a hyper dunk geared model, why not have a Kobe and Lebron a long with it as another basketball option for players.

I'm trying to be conscience and start saving more and spending less. I'm also trying to get out of the double up mentality. Welp, through both out the window to double up on the star dusts. Although, the promo code was unapplied after the purchase do it processing at 12:01am. Debating on if I should cancel the order or call Nike to see if they will honor the code (pretty sure they will) .

Ive also been trying to get more on a quality over quantity mindset, which also is a function of not doubling up so much. I would rather go out and buy a pair I really want for $250 then get 3 pairs of something I moderately want. Although its hard because I am an accountant in nature so trying to be cost effective is something I'm naturally looking at and this mindset goes against that.

Sorry for the rant. I'm hoping that we get some flyknit soon. I personally don't think its played out and would love to see some AD Mid Flyknits

People with AD NXTs:

Do you have a problem where the laces end up too long after tightening that even when you tuck em through the back bungee cord, they end up dragging on the ground?

Because I'm having that problem and I'm scared I might slip by stepping on my own lace tips...

I mentioned flyknit versions of Kobe past sigs and I think people asked how that would be possible. But they are releasing a flyknit version of the Jordan 3. Will definitely be interesting to see how they pull it off.

I wonder if we get a Kobe retro with the flyknit treatment like they did with the Jordan 1? Kobe was the first basketball shoe to feature flyknit. But a Kobe 4 with flyknit. Hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom