The Official Nike Kobe Retro Thread

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-zoom-kobe-1-protro

Protro - Performance Retro

Shoe looks like the original, however they cut weight by losing materials no longer needed and improved the air bag.

kobe-1-protro-08_original.jpg

Would’ve been dope if the Protro 1s had the flyknit treatment.

Retail better not cost $200! I’ll be ok with $150 or the OG MSRP of $130 back in the day.

Would’ve been dope if the Protro 1s had the flyknit treatment.

Retail better not cost $200! I’ll be ok with $150 or the OG MSRP of $130 back in the day.
don't rule that out just yet...

love this idea of performance retro, would be great if they apply the same philosophy to other nike bball and JB shoes.

They also need ro release what everyone wants, the 81 point pair.

This and that black/patent/purple colorway he wore when he hung 58 on Charlotte

I’m conflicted on these. I loved the OG Kobe I as it was/is, but then tinkering with it irks me.

But damn, them improving the tech to ‘18 standards and subtracting some weight.....wow. I’m def gonna check them out.

I honestly want to know the way people think. When these first dropped back in like 05-06, no one really cared. I’m not saying the black/maize sat but other colorways sat for a very long time. Why the sudden change? What makes these “fire” now compared to 2005-2006?

I love the shoes I still have the OG black/maize and black/purple colorway. I just want to know why? Nostalgia? Hype? The “me too” way of thinking? Just to cop and flip?

I honestly want to know the way people think. When these first dropped back in like 05-06, no one really cared. I’m not saying the black/maize sat but other colorways sat for a very long time. Why the sudden change? What makes these “fire” now compared to 2005-2006?

I love the shoes I still have the OG black/maize and black/purple colorway. I just want to know why? Nostalgia? Hype? The “me too” way of thinking? Just to cop and flip?
A lot of stuff sat back in the days

stuff we were getting for like $40 sells out now:frown:

we in different times

I get what you're saying but what GR basketball shoes were selling out immediately in 2005/2006? For me, I love the idea of a retro style with new technology and I'm not sure why Nike hasn't really done this on a larger scale before. That's why I'm excited about this line. Not particularly for the 1s because I was never a huge fan but I think this is a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom