The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Will be interesting to see if the Elite theme continues, with Bron opting for the soldiers or the regular version during the playoffs. And if it does, what will the pricing look like? This has to be the first time the regular and Elite retailed for the same price.

I think Nike had wised up, even with amazing tech, today's non professional athletes did not want to shell out sometimes $250+ just for a pair of sneakers by their favorite player. It was evident in their findings from their earnings report not too long ago. A lot of current models of LBJ, KD & Kobes have been showing up at outlets very early lately, and for the budget conscious consumer, why break your neck to have something on release day if you can wait a few months and save over $100 on the same pair?

Would be interesting to see the post season approach as mentioned above. PEs are nice, but is a price hike necessary for just a skimmed down version? Not like the tech is that different.

No fore foot posits pieces please! The 13' wasn't as flexible and irritated my feet. Plus a burning sensation happened at my toes when I'd walk in them. So painful.

I have no expectations at all... I could've stopped copping Lebrons at the 11 and I really wouldn't have missed nothing

some 12s were cool but the line was meh imo, and the 13s are an abomination for the most part

Im just here for the free drinks, if the kicks come out fire then thats a plus

I saw that 
nerd.gif

Last really good LeBron was the X, hopefully the 14 changes that.  If not, that's money saved for another year.

I passed on every 13 release, even the ones for $60 bucks at the outlet via the F&F...all trash. I hope the 14 doesn't let me down. 

I think Nike had wised up, even with amazing tech, today's non professional athletes did not want to shell out sometimes $250+ just for a pair of sneakers by their favorite player. It was evident in their findings from their earnings report not too long ago. A lot of current models of LBJ, KD & Kobes have been showing up at outlets very early lately, and for the budget conscious consumer, why break your neck to have something on release day if you can wait a few months and save over $100 on the same pair?

Would be interesting to see the post season approach as mentioned above. PEs are nice, but is a price hike necessary for just a skimmed down version? Not like the tech is that different.

Not to mention, the overabundance of colorways, and sub-models with LJ and other athletes at Nike. When your business model is built on people hoarding tons of shoes, and you keep shelling out 20 different colors of every model, and continuing to raise the prices, its no surprise that this happened. People eventually get overwhelmed. I mean, you cant wear 10 pairs of shoes at once. It also didn't help that the 13 was an ugly shoe, and just didn't look good, especially for casual use. I owned a pair of every model from 7 to 12, but when the 13 came along I had no desire and no hope for it.

I wish we could go back to the days when we had 4-6 great and simple colorways. Let people make the crazy colorways on NikeID.

Not to mention, the overabundance of colorways, and sub-models with LJ and other athletes at Nike. When your business model is built on people hoarding tons of shoes, and you keep shelling out 20 different colors of every model, and continuing to raise the prices, its no surprise that this happened. People eventually get overwhelmed. I mean, you cant wear 10 pairs of shoes at once. It also didn't help that the 13 was an ugly shoe, and just didn't look good, especially for casual use. I owned a pair of every model from 7 to 12, but when the 13 came along I had no desire and no hope for it.

I wish we could go back to the days when we had 4-6 great and simple colorways. Let people make the crazy colorways on NikeID.

I feel you. I started at the LBJ 6 and stopped at the 10. They started getting lower to the ground and started to look hideous. I did get a LBJ 13 but only one. For models 6-10 I was getting multiple colorways and even some PE editions.

Hopefully the 14 brings back a visible zoom bag or air max unit, or a combination of various tech.

175 is still too much for me. Any Lebron shoe Ive ever wanted, I waited or found them for less than 130.

Back
Top Bottom