The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

That's what I'm saying red ain't Cavaliers colors.

Wine/Maroon are Cavaliers colors and we rarely get those.

Ok. Like maroon isn't a shade of red. We could easily get a black white maroon color but we don't.

Nike has been dropping Miami red colors since he left. He came back and he still had that same red.

Last edited:
Pink is a shade of red too but you don't see too many people calling it red.

Red and Maroon/Wine are different colors.

The Red color has around in the Lebron line since the AZG.

Last edited:

Had a really solid few days in a row in these, so I revisited the initial review I wrote for the "Out of Nowhere" pair.

Gotta say, I think everything I wrote initially was pretty accurate on these, haven't noticed anything I would change in my review.

Now that this pair has been broken in, the fit is a touch better width wise, but it's still a tad wider than I would like.  I find myself pulling harder and harder on the laces, and yanking on the strap pretty good, and while it does help secure the shoe better, it's not the perfect lockdown I would like.  I wish the area where a tongue would normally be was thicker, I think that would make for an even better molded fit once you get them broken in.  The upper is substantially thinner than the KD9's so I personally think the KD9 has a better lockdown, at least for me, because it's narrower and thicker through the forefoot.  

What I find myself liking more on these, is the cushioning.  Even though the KD9 has a full zoom bag, these feel softer on foot after 2 plus hours of use than the KD's.  I find that the KD9's have a flat spot on the palm of the pads of the forefoot, which can cause a little bit of irritation after a long session.  The KD's don't have as thick of a midsole cushioning setup and sit very flat on the court.  I was able to play for 3 straight hours on Friday in the 14's with zero issues.  In the KD9's my forefoot areas would've been burning/sore.  And now that they have started to mold a bit to my feet, they feel even better.  They aren't quite as high off the ground as they look, and the stability issues I was concerned about initially haven't been overly worrisome, but I do stand noticeably taller in these than the KD's, and Kobe AD's.  But a little extra height on the court isn't usually a bad thing.  Traction has been very good, even on dusty courts so far, better than the KD 9, Kobe AD, and Kyrie 3, in my opinion.    The textured pattern on the pods grips well, and doesn't clog with dust easily.  

Still a pain for me to get into them, out isn't bad at all.  

Overall pretty solid shoe from Nike/LBJ.  I still am not 100% in love with the one piece bootie upper, and the thin material they used, but it's not awful when you really crank the laces and strap down.  And again, I have crazy narrow feet, so it may differ for normal width folks.  Cushioning and traction are good steps in the right direction.  
I agree, the shoe is solid except for the lockdown. I hope they will fix the lockdown for the 14 elites.

assuming you didn't read the whole conversation betweenst the two of us from what I originally stated

So they`re not allowed to change their mind about not wanting them at all or only wanting them at discount after actually holding them in their hands?

Sheesh, yall are harsh with your standards, hahaha.
-_-

just finished playing in the chase downs.  I was not getting the lock down i wanted so i laced the laces though the top hole where the logo is instead of the 3rd one down,  it really helped.  Cushion is great too. Can't wait to see some more colorways or ID options.

Pink is a shade of red too but you don't see too many people calling it red.

Red and Maroon/Wine are different colors.

The Red color has around in the Lebron line since the AZG.

Yet you showed pictures of the pairs that matched the uniforms which is what I was originally referencing. Thanks for dancing around the fact that Nike has stayed with the bright red since he returned to the cavs. So much that they dubbed the red and white 13s his home color.

just finished playing in the chase downs.  I was not getting the lock down i wanted so i laced the laces though the top hole where the logo is instead of the 3rd one down,  it really helped.  Cushion is great too. Can't wait to see some more colorways or ID options.

Dang another poor lockdown review. If i agree then im sending my pair back to Nike and will see yall with the elites or 15s

Threw my pair on for the first time and these are definitely the most comfortable bron since the 10 for me. Wasnt even that hard to get on. Even more pumped to see more colorways and cant wait for nike id.

It keeps the foot more locked into the shoe tho for people who are going to use them for ball

Not true at all.

One piece upper shoes are cheaper to manufacture as there is fewer stitching and less seams - allows 'em to take advantage of automation vs. employing shoe cobblers/little kids, etc... Also allows for quicker turnaround from design to production as the joints have to be on Nike iD.

Not true at all.

One piece upper shoes are cheaper to manufacture as there is fewer stitching and less seams - allows 'em to take advantage of automation vs. employing shoe cobblers/little kids, etc... Also allows for quicker turnaround from design to production as the joints have to be on Nike iD.
If ppl don't like the lock down return em its not the shoe for you 

Back
Top Bottom