The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

No-can you name some? Especially after the 90s, the crossover appeal has largely diminished. There are a few models like the AZG or Kobe 10 that seem to have turned into successful crossover lifestyle sneakers but most of Nike Basketballs offerings don't look very good off court. I blame the increase in synthetic materials and plastics and diminishing usage of leather. Even some of the earlier models would look silly to wear with jeans/casually nowadays (can you imagine wearing Flightposite 3s, Shox Stunnas or VC2s casually?).
Okay since you want a list, we are in a lebron thread so let us start there.  Lebron IX and XI(the most successful lebron till Nike Stop posting Official numbers), any lebron Low.  Pick most kobes since the 6.  Kd 5s and 6s.   Now you stated 20 years ago lets see whats having a 20 year anniversary next year oh thats right Foams.  During the Heyday of Nike Basketball which would be around 2010-2014 something like 40-60% of each Model never saw a basketball court due to Collectors or Casual wearers.  I mean nike talk alone has whole threads where they talk about people casually wearing and mocking there Jean fit selection because of "Nike Talk Denim"

Really nike is missing on product for basketball and over color waying.  the Kd  9 is an attempt to be something similar to the Ultraboosts. Kobe's line has always been a US low seller,  Lebron has just missed some soul in it since the 11.  Kyrie's shoe is probably one of their better attempts but the color blocking so far unless id is still mostly for Balling

Last edited:
No-can you name some? Especially after the 90s, the crossover appeal has largely diminished. There are a few models like the AZG or Kobe 10 that seem to have turned into successful crossover lifestyle sneakers but most of Nike Basketballs offerings don't look very good off court. I blame the increase in synthetic materials and plastics and diminishing usage of leather. Even some of the earlier models would look silly to wear with jeans/casually nowadays (can you imagine wearing Flightposite 3s, Shox Stunnas or VC2s casually?).
Lol, and what evidence to you have for this? First of all, the AZG's released way too long ago for just anyone to be wearing them on the streets today. Second of all, how has the Kobe 10 been a successful crossover lifestyle sneaker? This just seems like your opinion based on what shoes you think people can pull off casually. 

Last edited:
I used to have a Windows phone. It wasn't bad. I have an Android now and feel a a little easier to use. The Windows was my first phone.

I don't really like a lot of Adidas stuff. I thought the Rose 7 was kinda cool and the new Harden 1 looks good.......hard to mess up that colorblocking design though.

To stay on the 14, I'm curious as to why we haven't even seen anything at all. I'm not talking about like leaked images or blurry stuff, just maybe like a bit of it or something. Like a small detail or feature.

14 probably get pushed back again maybe scrapped at this point either way it's horrible for Nike but no way will they ever fall to rival companies it seems this would be the perfect time to strike if your Adidas or under armor but their signature shoes are nothing to talk about..

Lmao Kobe 10s are cheeks speak for yourself

14 probably get pushed back again maybe scrapped at this point either way it's horrible for Nike but no way will they ever fall to rival companies it seems this would be the perfect time to strike if your Adidas or under armor but their signature shoes are nothing to talk about..
Wondering if they are going to switch the release of kobe (usually came out dec-feb at least for the last 5 models) with lebron make his new signature come out later in the year instead of him playing in soldiers in the playoffs which has hurt his signature quite a bit i would assume.  Everyone always wanted to wear what MJ wore during the Playoffs and unfortunately for the last 3 years Lebron has worn soldiers  

Wondering if they are going to switch the release of kobe (usually came out dec-feb at least for the last 5 models) with lebron make his new signature come out later in the year instead of him playing in soldiers in the playoffs which has hurt his signature quite a bit i would assume.  Everyone always wanted to wear what MJ wore during the Playoffs and unfortunately for the last 3 years Lebron has worn soldiers  

That's not entirely true :wink:

LeBron wore the LeBron 13 Elites 14 times in the Playoffs this year including the first two games of the Finals.

He wore the Soldier 10 only 5 times... obviously in more important games, but it's not like he ditched the Elites this time.

That harden is pretty decent on discount 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
That's not entirely true
wink.gif

LeBron wore the LeBron 13 Elites 14 times in the Playoffs this year including the first two games of the Finals.

He wore the Soldier 10 only 5 times... obviously in more important games, but it's not like he ditched the Elites this time.
I did not follow the playoffs this year as closely since memphis squeeked in with a 28 man rotation and all the big names injured.  So its good that Lebron actually wore the Elites for once previous years he might make a quarter here a quarter there then straight soldiers till the end.

That's not entirely true
wink.gif

Yes, he did.

People totally disregard this due to the fact that he never won a single game in the Finals wearing Elites. So the Soldiers are IT. Four wins in 'em.

One of my personal favorite moments in the playoffs he was not Elites either, but in LuxBrons, when we clinched against Toronto.

nike gotta come with that next level never seen before lebron to get these to sell seems everythings shifting over to entertainers instead of athletes nike hadnt got the memo

cause of how kanyes doing i wonder if michael jackson and hammer's kicks wouldve drop in this era instead of sports crazed 80s/90s would they do numbers? mike jack would had some ill air thrillers and some bad force alphas tho

Last edited:

Yes, he did.

People totally disregard this due to the fact that he never won a single game in the Finals wearing Elites. So the Soldiers are IT. Four wins in 'em.

One of my personal favorite moments in the playoffs he was not Elites either, but in LuxBrons, when we clinched against Toronto.
That doesn't mean the elites are bad.

Personally they are my favourite shoe for balling, and i must say they're a damn good improvement over every Lebron in the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom