The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Wonder what happen to the "players needs" back in the late 80s and through the 90s. I never remember Jordan or Pippen needing optional cushioning alterations. Or Penny using something other than the norm in the foamposites. This goes for any player that had his own signature shoes. Other than custom insoles, their shoes were the same. We could argue that style of play was different and players feet arent the same. I dont see it being much different from todays atheletes needing extra tech. Like some of you already mentioned, just put the tech in the shoes to start with. A full length insole of zoom air cost $5 a pair on ebay. Surely if they are bought in bulk Nike doesnt pay next to nothing for them. So a mere forefoot or heel zoom drop-in is nothing.
Someone already mentioned it, but Nike specifically made a zoom air version of the Pippen 1s for him to play in. There was even a SC interview years ago with Pippen himself and the designer explaining the whole thing. Here's a pic of the zoom air version:
View media item 2183502
Jordan also had different versions of the 1s specially designed for him as he was coming back from his foot injury during his second season. One version had an ankle strap and strap through the middle of the shoe, and then there was the sample with a Jordan 2 sole, which finally released last year as the 1.5s.
View media item 2183506View media item 2183557
Players having versions of their own sigs with alternate tech/features is not unheard of.

Dudes no one is saying its unheard of to have special upgrades

Im saying that they literally told us that "no cushioning in the forefoot was to enhance the court feel and flexibility because a player like kyrie plays lower to the ground.."

Thats a lie , it was removed to save money and justify the price difference between them and the kds
Im so aware of the pe's yall posted as evidence of not quite reading what I wrote, that its not even funny,

Now where these brawns?

Im saying that they literally told us that "no cushioning in the forefoot was to enhance the court feel and flexibility because a player like kyrie plays lower to the ground.."

Thats a lie , it was removed to save money and justify the price difference between them and the kds
Im so aware of the pe's yall posted as evidence of not quite reading what I wrote, that its not even funny,

Now where these brawns?
I'm only responding to the other guy saying he doesn't remember Jordan or Pippen ever needing cushioning alterations. I don't follow or care about Kyries or KDs.

Now where these brawns?

Agree with that
The lack of tech in the kyries wasnt about court feel, its about keeping them as the low price point sig @ $120, and keeping their profit margins up. All about the paper, nothin wrong with it, its how the world goes around

we all knew it was a lie. the kobe line has GREAT court feel but it's always cushioned. it's just a bad shoe being marketed as a signature shoe.

Yep and if you throw zoom in the kyries, a shoe with better traction the kd8 would have sold even less units,  if thats even possible. 

I guess their hands were tied but I dont like the dishonesty during the explanation. 

"Its an entry level price point for a sig" would have been more honest imo but dats biness

Hey guys, what shoe should i get for up to 210 bucks? i'm looking for a super comfortable and durable shoe to wear everydaay and not worry about anything, but it has to look cool..

Hey guys, what shoe should i get for up to 210 bucks? i'm looking for a super comfortable and durable shoe to wear everydaay and not worry about anything, but it has to look cool..

Area 72 Lebron 10s that I happen to have.. size 10

Yep and if you throw zoom in the kyries, a shoe with better traction the kd8 would have sold even less units,  if thats even possible. 
I guess their hands were tied but I dont like the dishonesty during the explanation. 
"Its an entry level price point for a sig" would have been more honest imo but dats biness

What the other post said about the Kyrie price point being $120. It would cannibalize sales of the premium product if the entry or mid-level product had the same/similar tech and performed better.

Forefoot zoom bag is visible through the bottom of the sole on the pair pictured in this post:
http://niketalk.com/t/634896/kyrie-2-official-thread-kyrie-2-huarache-june-7-2016/5250#post_25821252
Nah' b, that pic does not look to be conclusive at all. I am not that gullible. This is not to say that one is right or wrong, but I need to get a better look at his shoes. Ben Simmons just went down while rockin' some special made lookin' joints by Nike as well, jones fracture, so these might not be so special after all.

Last edited:
What the other post said about the Kyrie price point being $120. It would cannibalize sales of the premium product if the entry or mid-level product had the same/similar tech and performed better.

Exactly.... Same thing happened to the Lebron XIII Elites vs the Soldier X. All the spec talk on the Elites with; Kurim cage and Flywire for fit. Then that one extra forefoot zoom pod totaling 5 in all, which suppose to be added cushioning lol. And the all mighty carbon fiber shank plate for reinforcement. $250 for all that added tech Blah blah blah and he won the Chip playing in a $130 mid level shoe...Only difference is the Soldier X has less tech and out sold the 13s...smh. Now it seems Nike is coming up with 2 or 3 CWs every 2 weeks...

Has Soldier X really outsold the XIII though? I barely see anyone rock either casually. In that regard the XIII looks better worn casually than the Soldier.

The LeBron 14 dates have been postponed it looks like until November. Not sure why.
I'm sure everyone expected that seeing as how they were supposed to drop next week yet we still don't know what they look like.

7, 8, 9 was the height of the LBJ line its been all down hill from there. they need to a 7+8+9 mashup:lol:
I'd say 7 was when Lebron's became sorta popular. Then with the 8's, they became super popular along with the 9's and 10's. After the beginning of the 11's, they started going downhill. 

ya act like 1-4 wasn't poppin though :lol:

everyone forgets it seems cuz 5-6 were so trash.

Release dates get pushed back all the time not seeing how that's a screw up. It would be a screw up to release a shoe that's not ready.

LeBron 1-13 always had a shoe release on opening night..even when the nsrl 12 got pushed back the red 12 released on opening night

That I agree with!!! Is it possible that even Nike didn't believe the Cavs would win?? How do you have 2 signiture athletes on the same championship team and do nothing?? Smh

They would sit and end up being at the outlets

Back
Top Bottom