The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Yeah it's crazy to think the original Jordan 17 was leather and all that and also came with a damn metal suitcase for $200 haha LeBrons with that would be $400 now

Just to chime in , the vibe at Nike is very "Group-Think". Tinker definatley had more freedom.

From what I can see, not a train wreck like the 13.
Just curious, how many pairs of the 13's did you guys who "hate" them end up getting? Legit asking, no diss 
smile.gif
I only have one pair of 13s, The Written In The Stars.

Not because I don't like the shoe, but they're so damn uncomfortable.

The posite piece on the upper kills my feet.

That's why I've only worn it a handful of times.

IMO, the 12's and 13's have zero cushioning compared to earlier pairs of Lebron's. Could not wear them for long periods of time on the court.

IMO, the 12's and 13's have zero cushioning compared to earlier pairs of Lebron's. Could not wear them for long periods of time on the court.
11s didnt have much cushioning to me, especially coming off the 10s

Just to chime in , the vibe at Nike is very "Group-Think". Tinker definatley had more freedom.
Good point.  Rather than let creators create they have groups of adults second guess each other into being useless. While giving them restrictive guidelines that must work with their current tech.  Result

Every shoe looks team bank as hell regardless of price point. 

Dudes with catalogs of shoes that suck such as leo chang need to hit the bricks for good,

I think you might have a point-Tinker probably had a lot more freedom when working on Jordans back in the day than Jason has with working on Lebrons nowadays.

Definitely my man, also bear in mind that leather shoes with multiple stitched panels were the norm for that era. Designers could actually make sneakers with multiple overlays, etc.

As axelrod axelrod said, there's strong 'Group Think' combined with a minimalist and cost saving mindset.

Nike Basketball stuff's gonna be hella generic for a long time unless there's management and culture changes at the Swoosh.

It does strike me as odd that the original design for the XIV was scrapped so late in the game. How did people not raise concerns about it earlier?

Yeah it's crazy to think the original Jordan 17 was leather and all that and also came with a damn metal suitcase for $200 haha LeBrons with that would be $400 now

the $400 jordan 4's don't even come with tech in the shoe or accessories like that :lol:

Definitely my man, also bear in mind that leather shoes with multiple stitched panels were the norm for that era. Designers could actually make sneakers with multiple overlays, etc.

As axelrod axelrod said, there's strong 'Group Think' combined with a minimalist and cost saving mindset.

Nike Basketball stuff's gonna be hella generic for a long time unless there's management and culture changes at the Swoosh.

It does strike me as odd that the original design for the XIV was scrapped so late in the game. How did people not raise concerns about it earlier?

My theory is the design team had their collective heads deep into their collective butts, oblivious to the fact theyve been pumping out straight doodoo designs for a few years now. Then a very high level executive got his hands on the design and threw it in the trash.
Afterall AXELROD said the original design was cut like the Soldier X, with a zipper down the middle. ***** kinda BS is that?

My theory is the design team had their collective heads deep into their collective butts, oblivious to the fact theyve been pumping out straight doodoo designs for a few years now. Then a very high level executive got his hands on the design and threw it in the trash.
Afterall AXELROD said the original design was cut like the Soldier X, with a zipper down the middle. ***** kinda BS is that?

:rofl:

So axelrod axelrod described that whack AJ signature with the zipper sans the Jumpman?

I dont see how yall find the 13s uncomfortable.

Theyre comfy as hell.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... :lol:

13's DO require a break in, but once broken in, they're comfortable. Nothing to brag about. That top posite looks good, but killed the overall comfortability.

Seemed like the earlier colorways were tighter than the later colorways.

Last edited:
Just curious, how many pairs of the 13's did you guys who "hate" them end up getting? Legit asking, no diss 
smile.gif
I copped 1 pair (DBs) and still haven't worn em...

I've been tempted to buy a couple like the ASG, Luxbron, and Easters cause of the rock bottom prices but I just can't get over that tri-blade/clover thing... straight wack to me and I think that other than that the 13s could've been official (the birds eye view is dope imo)

Last edited:

Good point.  Rather than let creators create they have groups of adults second guess each other into being useless. While giving them restrictive guidelines that must work with their current tech.  Result

Every shoe looks team bank as hell regardless of price point. 

Dudes with catalogs of shoes that suck such as leo chang need to hit the bricks for good,

As @AXELROD  said, there's strong 'Group Think' combined with a minimalist and cost saving mindset.

100. Yes, yes, yes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom