The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

I would assume R&D for these shoes is less now than it was back then

The R&D has already been recuperated.

When a drug manufacturer recuperates their R&D and their exclusivity runs out the drug can then be produced as a generic. The original (non generic) will always be the more expensive because you are still paying for the name branding. Example: Tylenol = acetaminophen. Same strengths will still have different price between branded and store brand.

So I guess if you want some generic XI's...PayLess?

You couldnt be further from the truth. There is this thing called annual inflation. 

$65 in 1985 (Air Jordan 1) is $146in 2016 dollars
$100 in 1988 (Air Jordan 3) is $205.
$125 in 1995 (Air Jordan 11) is $198.
$180 in 1997 (Foamposite) is $268.

Not factoring the increased cost of labor, shipping, etc.

So... What are you saying again?

Source - http://www.dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=100&year=1988

lol im not trying to say anything.

like i said "i get it " its just weird.

its like paying more for a retooled 68 camaro with weaker parts.

i understand the times and of course it makes sense, but its weird,

You couldnt be further from the truth. There is this thing called annual inflation. 

$65 in 1985 (Air Jordan 1) is $146in 2016 dollars

$100 in 1988 (Air Jordan 3) is $205.

$125 in 1995 (Air Jordan 11) is $198.

$180 in 1997 (Foamposite) is $268.

Not factoring the increased cost of labor, shipping, etc.

So... What are you saying again?

Source - http://www.dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=100&year=1988
Inflation talk always means the thread is headed in the right direction

I would assume R&D for these shoes is less now than it was back then
Why would you assume that? Sure the design is there but there is design of the molds involved, sourcing of the materials. And.... INFLATION is real. 
they're not redesigning the molds and i would assume they're not changing the material sources fairly often

of course i know inflation is real

Now come on people, Nike has recently been showing decent stuff for example the KD 9, The price is lowered, but the tech is better. The same could be said about a few other models. Nike IS moving in the right direction. I don't understand you guys that alredy say the 14 will be ****, Just give em a chance... 

There is nothing we can do anyway.

Yeah, and more stability

Yeah, the Zoom all out Flyknit is super unstable in the heel. I love the design and all but I would be afraid to jump in them.

The only time Zoom Max worked out good was LeBron 10 and KD9 (which is nice apart from being super tight)

12/26 Lebron 14 black/black/black
nerd.gif

man bump all this talkin and speculatin' about nothin'.... lets get a clear picture then we can talk and speculate release dates and colorways these boys better be super nice...

Last edited:
I really hope Nike is past the "red/black/white/and 2 other random colors to ruin it" colorways

I heard these drop Christmas day but since that's a Sunday and the release date up there says 12/26, im guessing he will play in these on 12/25...Nike will do a bunch of product marketing and seeding around his shoes and the sheep will flock to the stores on Monday! So to those that buy, will look forward to the reviews. All Nike purchases for me in 2017 will be on a deep discount starting with these

Back
Top Bottom