The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

DAMMMMNNN!!!! These 14's are FIRE!!!!! Definitely worth the wait... F their CW's though... Im just waiting on All Star custom options and gettin all my pairs

What? Who buys anything because it's limited? If you're doing that you don't like the shoe, you like attention.

Look at previous releases in the Jordan line. When it's limited people get everyone and their mom to try and get them. When it's a general release like the TB3 that everyone thought would be limited, it sits it people have buyers remorse cause they aren't limited.

^ lol word. GrindCity needs to speak for himself. outta here with that nonsense

I am speaking for myself. I like the shoes but I know plenty of people who like something because they have the "limited" release tag or low quantities.

It always does.

"Limited" and "high resell value and demand" will turn a turd to a diamond. It's never "creativity".

That's been adidas trump card for the past year and a half and it's working like a charm.

Trust me guys , Nike can turn back the clock if they wanted to and get everyone mad in here again dropping limited shoe after limited shoe and having people angry once again.

I don't miss that.

This was what I was trying to say. Thanks for the assist @AXELROD

so i'll play devils advocate, there's an article someone else can look for it, but it talks about current trends, the whole what's in and what sells. The biggest take away is that basketball shoes were out and runners were the current "IN" inrefrence to culture and sales. Almost all of Addidas basketball line has shifted to low tops coupled with their lower prices and it seems they are riding the wave of the trends, nike finally adjusted prices and are lower the cut of the shoes to follow the trends as well. you want to see outstanding basketball shoes, well they have to come back in style which may not happen for awhile, the bubble burst and sales somewhat suffered to the point FTL wrote Nike about it. I'm not a fan of lowtops, or the newest trends, i'm my own person and i prefer midtops and the such, i like my pants baggy and my sweats too. The current look of shoes is geared towards trying to get the kids to buy them not grown men who love the 90s style 2.5 decades ago, these kids/young adults are who we ultimately have to blame as it's their time to shine and make the trends of today
Very true my man, but 99% of these new trends are some repackaging of an older trend. With Nike essentially being a laggard in the low top/running trend, do you think they ought to have gone a different direction? Right now they are neither here nor there.
i think nike is making money off of it's runners like crazy, people actually went in on the TNAM, FKAM and some of these other runners, kobe's have been low for awhile and although all cws don't sell out, they do sell good despite the high price and the fact that he hardly wears the released cws, the kd9 is MIHO(no data to back it) failing bcuz of cws, it's a nice looking shoe that nike is ruining with cws. the next biggest issue as always is price point, bcuz basketball isn't in, the price doesn't justify what's going to sell(AJ not withstanding.....in some models) kyries(prices are creeping and people bout to start sleeping) and currys are selling bcuz they're priced right, people feel like they're getting their monies worth with those shoes. there is a small niche group that buy these shoes for the performance but that's not enough to make money TBT, they need the casual group back and that group is on AJ Retros and running shoes(most couldn't even run a block lol)

I've loved the Kyrie 1&2 and have picked up neither bcuz i hate the stylized #2, being the 2nd i want a nice regular 2 or II, i missed the double nickels and don't feel they're worth the resell, but when nike puts that 5/2 back on one of his shoes i'll be biting, one of the biggest reason's i bought the john wall pe crazy8 plus WW cw = 75% of TX team cws, ask for the currys i think the one were nice and would've def bought the lux if i didn't have all those cws in Lebron EXTs and AJ XIIs, the 3 are hideous looking like some kinda wedge gurl boot imho

What? Who buys anything because it's limited? If you're doing that you don't like the shoe, you like attention.
Look at previous releases in the Jordan line. When it's limited people get everyone and their mom to try and get them. When it's a general release like the TB3 that everyone thought would be limited, it sits it people have buyers remorse cause they aren't limited.
i've def had buyers remorse but not bcuz a shoe was limited or not, 2 LJ11s come to mind instantly, WTL and SL are def like why did i buy these at the same time even better was AJXIII bred retro had me disgusted, had i done my research and none the 3m would be non functional i def would've passed, i also have buyers remorse on my AJXI bred and 72-10 mostly bcuz i hate white midsoles on dark shoes LJ7 red carpets i know blashpesmis right, but i think it's bcuz they're too big and i really only wanted the ASG7 from Dallas

The 14 is INSTANTLY a top 2 Lebron of all time. I took a year off as the 13 was a complete fail, and I'm glad I did. These make up for it 110%... gonna be an expensive year even with the price drop... ID's for days
You gotta be trollin man
eek.gif

You gotta be trollin man :wow:

Why is that? This design is on point! I'm a sucker for a good strap shoe, and the sizing of this is perfect with the tongue. Wait until u see better CW's, mark my words... they hit a homerun with this shoe

How people hate these is beyond me. 

When judging the 12's, are you guys talking about the design or performance? Because when I say the 12s are trash... I'm strictly talking about on Court performance. They are a nice looking shoe tho...
i'd be going off design as i don't ball anymore so performance doesn't matter to me, at the same time i didn't buy any of the performance pairs

I might be wrong but I'll go out on a limb and say that Nike is burnt out in means of tech....

If we look at there cushioning, Nike is still using a 20 year old technology (zoom air), and even older (air max) which is almost 30 years in the making. This isnt such a bad thing though. Nike as been the bulls eye of the shoe market/industry for decades.

Other companies tried diiferent cushioning techs which didnt pan out to be anything significant to Nikes tech. Adidas with AdiPrene+ which is still found in some of there shoes. The Torsion system which is an older tech, found in the Ultra boost which is a foot frame stabilizer. The more notable feet you wear tech was a big hit back in 96 for Adidas. The tech was created to give the lateral part of the foot a more natural motion during hard cuts....

With Reebok, the Hexagon/DMX technology wasnt anything spectacular to knock Nike off there high horse. However DMX was quite nice feeling the air transitioning front to back through air chambers.

Nike really had no reason to do research, upgrade, or advance any area of Nike branding because other companies were mere blur in their shadows. Like some of you clearly noted Nike seem to intentionally incorporate hints of Adidas cushioning designs on there shoes. IE...Feet you wear...

Fast forward to this current era, Adidas has a new found tech. Adidas is now rallying around the Boost tech and design teams have been working to make the brand noticeable. The colabs of Kanye,Forreal and possibly others has help the brand evolve. As Nike did to them, they too have use a hint of Nikes newer tech on their upper IE...Primeknit.

For the first time in a very long time, Nike has to actually put effort into their designs. The transition seems to be very sluggish as if they have been hibernating for years...

This kinda reminds me of the Tortoise and the hare story... Nike decided to take a nap and fell asleep since they were sooo far ahead. Awaken by the noise Adidas is making over
at there camp, the Hare (Nike) awakes to see that the tortoise (Adidas) is "NOT WINNING" but "TRENDING" for a strong finish.

These look decent but i dislike hex zoom and translucent out soles for ball, also wonder how heavy these will be as it looks like they are lighter than the past couple of models.

I was hoping the one of the straps had the bold NIKE like the LeBron 2. Maybe on upcoming colorways.

I love hearing NIke has no tech, they not pushing the envelope, etc. Just goes to show that people are just looking at trends. I mean did you just forget Nike just released the EARL system? Self lacing shoes will be prevelant in the coming years. Nike has always stayed head in R&D. Adidas had to get help from NASA for boost.

Am I the only one concerned about how they'll fit? I hated how the soldier Xs fit and returned my pair, because getting them on was a pain. These look extremely similar in the booty upper. I guess having fat feet means no more lebrons.

Am I the only one concerned about how they'll fit? I hated how the soldier Xs fit and returned my pair, because getting them on was a pain. These look extremely similar in the booty upper. I guess having fat feet means no more lebrons.
having fat feet should've killed NB/JB for you a long time ago 
roll.gif

I love hearing NIke has no tech, they not pushing the envelope, etc. Just goes to show that people are just looking at trends. I mean did you just forget Nike just released the EARL system? Self lacing shoes will be prevelant in the coming years. Nike has always stayed head in R&D. Adidas had to get help from NASA for boost.

You mean to tell me Nike had a 15 plus year expand over any shoe company in means of tech. Then you justify new tech as motorized shoes laces Hahahahaha. Smh.... You fall for gimmicks my friend.

Also Boost is not made by NASA. Boost was made at German chemical company name BASF..

https://www.solereview.com/adidas-energy-boost-2-review/

Also Zoom Air isnt Nikes product either. They actually buy zoom from another vendor....

Needing help isnt a bad idea. So dont make it seem as if Nike doesn't venture out for assistance.

Last edited:
At some point this season, I'm expecting to see him wear the soldiers again. Would that be good or bad for this model/line?

Back
Top Bottom